Official Community Forums Home

It Feels Like I'm Peeing...

LilGreenPuffer

• Members

I read in several places that squirting feels like peeing at first. This is true, correct? I'm assuming that you're saying yes. Okay, I also know that you need g-spot stimulation for this to happen, correct? Yes? So... Why is it that every time I feel like I'm about to have a really good clitoral orgasm, I feel like I'm peeing and I have to stop? I even tried just putting down a towel and going with it, and I figured out very quickly that I was definitely peeing and it was going through the towel - I had to stop and hold it long enough to get some clothes and run to the bathroom! :blink: I've even tried peeing before I masturbated, even though I didn't feel any need to, and I still got the same result.

Does this happen to anyone else? How do you deal with it? And how do you get around it???

• Members

It is Female Ejaculation... (aka squirting) It can happen via clitoral or G spot orgasms. You aren't peeing!! :)

Next time it happens, smell it (sounds gross I know but I do it every time for the same reason LOL) you will see that it doesn't smell like urine, isn't yellow either!

When you are aroused, and stimulating yourself clitorally or otherwise, your G-spot swells and becomes engorged with fluid, "ejaculate"... have no fear it is normal and great!! You are lucky! Some women can't ever do this!! Just relax and enjoy!!

...and invest in some waterproof covers!! ;)

• Members

The question is, when you 'go with it' does your orgasm feel REEEAAALLLY good? Like legs shaking, tummy tightening, outrageously good? Or, does it not materialize? It is OK for female ejaculate to smell slightly like urine ....slightly....but, it should not be yellow and it should not have a really strong pee smell.

I would doubt that you are really peeing (although, it is worth investigating because it can happen) - but I agree, smell it, check it out, use a lot of towels, and don't stop and see what happens as far as the feeling.

• Members

How comfortable do you feel with your GYN? If you do not feel comfortable enough with her/him, then find a new one sol you can explain your issue and be examined, and have any health issues ruled out. Then have fun and let loose. Any guy worth his salt would be delighted.

• Members

How comfortable do you feel with your GYN? If you do not feel comfortable enough with her/him, then find a new one sol you can explain your issue and be examined, and have any health issues ruled out. Then have fun and let loose. Any guy worth his salt would be delighted.

Ditto to that! Gynes have seen and heard it all - trust me!

• Members

Mikayla - Nope, never had one like that. Still working on that whole "not thinking about it"/"just enjoy it" thing. Well, working on not working. And because this "am I about to pee" thing keeps popping into my head, it's not exactly a relaxing experience when it happens - when I get the about-to-pee feeling, I usually tense up and it doesn't happen and there's no orgasm at all, much less a really good one.

My ladies' doctor is the one at the Student Wellness Center, and I don't really know her well. I've only been a couple of times, just once a year to get my birth control refilled. (If I was sexually active, I'd probably have been an extra time or two, but I'm not; the BC is because my periods are so painful that I thought I had Endemetriosis. If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't have gone till I hit 21 or wanted to have sex.) I'm not due for another appointment until winter, and I'm not really sure that I want to explain why there's a copay six months early to my parents...

• Members

I definitely ditto Hyokahey here...do that and definitely go see a doctor if it happens again.

• Members

Shoot. How am I gonna explain this to my parents?

I know it will feel very awkward for you to do so, but simply tell them that you have seen your GYN for some GYN difficulties; assuring them that it is nothing serious. If they are wise, they will drop it there. If they press, tell them (I suggest Mom) the 'next step up' to the truth: that you are having some bladder problems...very plausible for a young lady to have occasional UTI's...if they press further, tell Mom the total truth: 'When I masturbate, I pee my self, and that is not normal, so I went to the GYN." I know, super awkward...but believe it or not, your parents likely know that you masturbate (no parent is in THAT much denial). After all, you know that THEY have sex, right?

• Members

Ugh, yes, their love life is very much alive and well, though Mom's 56... Sometimes I hear things I don't want to hear... I FOUND A SEXT FROM MY DAD ON HER PHONE. (No, I don't snoop, she asked me to answer a text from my sister while she was driving.)

The bladder problem idea is good. Thanks.

• Members

I told Mom I'm having a bladder problem and added when she asked that sometimes I pee unexpectedly, and that I wanted to make an appointment. She said absolutely. *sigh* Spectrums aren't my fave.

ETA: My gyno, who works for the college, is closed till school starts back up. Now I have to find someone new. :angry:

ETA again: Made an appointment with a doctor who my mom knows. She can't see me for a couple weeks, so I've got a fair wait. :unsure:

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I saw the PA-C at my school. She'd never heard of anything like it. She did an exam, mainly external, but also a little manual stuff to check for fistulas. No fistulas... Instead, she found that my urethra is very low, almost in my vaginal canal. The urine sample came back normal - no infection - so she's theorizing that the muscular contractions from orgasm combined with the placement of my bladder/bladder opening might be the problem, but she wasn't going to try and judge this on her own, so she referred me to the OB-GYN I originally had an appointment with.

• Review Team

I saw the PA-C at my school. She'd never heard of anything like it. She did an exam, mainly external, but also a little manual stuff to check for fistulas. No fistulas... Instead, she found that my urethra is very low, almost in my vaginal canal. The urine sample came back normal - no infection - so she's theorizing that the muscular contractions from orgasm combined with the placement of my bladder/bladder opening might be the problem, but she wasn't going to try and judge this on her own, so she referred me to the OB-GYN I originally had an appointment with.

Good for you on following through on this! So many woman just figure sex must not be that good and give up, never fully understanding their own body enough to have a healthy sex-life.

• Members

I was taught from a very young age that sex is a very important and good thing, whether you're male or female, and learned that it's important to know my own body. I was given puberty/body/sexuality books at three different life stages - the American Girl body book well before I hit puberty, a book on periods just when I was starting to develop, and a book on sexuality and just generally being female (written by adult women as advice for girls) when I was began my teens. My parents have a really good sex life, better than I want to actually know about, and my mom really wants the same for me one day. I got raised up right. :D

That being said, I really hope I don't wind up having to explain exactly what's going on to my mom. Awwwwkward... I couldn't even say it out loud to the very sweet PA-C - I actually wrote it all down and just handed her a note when she came in!

• Review Team

I was taught from a very young age that sex is a very important and good thing, whether you're male or female, and learned that it's important to know my own body. I was given puberty/body/sexuality books at three different life stages - the American Girl body book well before I hit puberty, a book on periods just when I was starting to develop, and a book on sexuality and just generally being female (written by adult women as advice for girls) when I was began my teens. My parents have a really good sex life, better than I want to actually know about, and my mom really wants the same for me one day. I got raised up right. :D

That being said, I really hope I don't wind up having to explain exactly what's going on to my mom. Awwwwkward... I couldn't even say it out loud to the very sweet PA-C - I actually wrote it all down and just handed her a note when she came in!

That is great! I have an about-to-be-12-year-old step-daughter and would love to know the names and authors of all those books, if you know them. Feel free to send me PM with them if you don't want to post it. She has three older half-sisters who are not very good role models in this area, and a biological mother that doesn't think sex should be mentioned until 21. I would like to do my best to get her pointed in the right direction.

• Members

Sure!

Here's the one I got when I was 8-9:

http://www.amazon.com/Care-Keeping-You-American-Library/dp/1562476661

I got this at about age 10:

http://www.amazon.com/Period-Book-Updated-Everything-Dont/dp/0802777368/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1282959720&sr=1-1

I got this at about age 13:

http://www.amazon.com/Girls-Women-Bunny-Mccune/dp/0890878811

The last one covers lots of things - periods, men (father figures, romantic relationships), sensuality, sexuality, and so on. It's not scientific; it focuses on women sharing their experiences with girls.

• Review Team

Sure!

Here's the one I got when I was 8-9:

http://www.amazon.com/Care-Keeping-You-American-Library/dp/1562476661

I got this at about age 10:

http://www.amazon.com/Period-Book-Updated-Everything-Dont/dp/0802777368/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1282959720&sr=1-1

I got this at about age 13:

http://www.amazon.com/Girls-Women-Bunny-Mccune/dp/0890878811

The last one covers lots of things - periods, men (father figures, romantic relationships), sensuality, sexuality, and so on. It's not scientific; it focuses on women sharing their experiences with girls.

Thank you!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Okay, I had my appointment. The verdict: I'm fine. I have "bladder spasms." It's not common, but it's normal and there's nothing wrong. The position of my urethra is also normal, not even atypical. The options for fixing the problem: I could let it be, or I could take medication. I followed her recommendation and will let it be for now; it doesn't happen every time, it might actually go away on its own, and there's no one else (i.e. sexual partner) being affected by the spasms. Later on, if it doesn't go away, or if it begins to bother me more, I can take medication, but for now, she doesn't see the point in taking medication daily for a problem that only affects me sometimes and isn't unsafe. I agreed.

I had to tell my mom, of course. Her reaction: "Oh, you could have told me! I would have been able to tell you that you're fine. That happened to my friend; she called it her 'little sparkling fountain'!" So, after the initial embarrassment, it was all fine.

I'm so glad this is all over with.