Official Community Forums Home

Looking For The Perfect Toy

• Members

Okay, I'm starting the search for the perfect toy. I want a vibrator. I need something that is QUIET (I'm a college student; I go through periods when I HAVE TO HAVE TO HAVE TO masturbate every night, but I have a roommate, and I hate standing in the community shower while trying to get off; it's not possible for me). It must have adjustable vibrations on a sliding scale ranging from very low to very high. It must have a smooth surface; I'm not a fan of bumpy vibes. I don't want something like the dolphin that moves; I want something solid. Small is good, too.

I will dish out money for this toy if it's really, really good.

ETA: If it can't have a sliding scale, then it needs to have several levels.

Check out the items here, many of which some of us Reviewers have tried out. First, go to the top, and enter in Vibrator, then go from there. If the item has been reviewed by one of our regular members and/or Review Team, there will usually be a more detailed review here on the Forum as well (we're limited on space on the shopping site, so some details are editted out). Then, if you see an item that HAS been reviewed, but would like more info, feel free to post a question either on that toy's review (on the forum), or even PM the person that reviewed it. I know, personally, I've reviewed several items. So, unless it's a fairly recent one, pulling it out from my memory *laugh* is hard.

One I will recommend is the Lucid Dream #14. http://shop.tootimid.com/lucid-dream-14.aspx

DJ0926-01main.jpg

Though it doesn't have any clit stimulation, you can use this, along with a favorite bullet (or none at all) for a fantastic G-Spot orgasm. I've recommended this to many friends, who have tried it and LOVED it.

Read the Review on it here on the Forum, and see how if those help fit your needs.

Reviews:

• Members

I've looked at nearly everything on the shopping site, and I'm pretty interested in the Lelo stuff, but I've been reading reviews on this and other sites that mostly say that the Lelo line tends to have weaker vibrations. True? Their shapes and materials appeal to me, and the noise level sounds amazing. But it has to be strong.

Tyger, I really like the look of the Lucid Dreams, except that I'm not sure how I'd like jelly, and most of the external vibes seem to be jelly, or else they're bumpy, and I find lots of little bumps painful.

• Members

Liv, Elise, Mia, Siri. Argh, I really want to get to hold them and turn them on for a minute. I really want to know how strong they are and how quiet!!! No toy stores in my town. :(

Well, I guess I'll get Liv and Mia. I'll post thorough reviews, if anyone's interested. I know I'm pretty iffy about spending this much money on a toy that I don't know for sure will be amazing, but, eh, I guess I can take a risk.

You can also go to a sex toy shop, and have them plug one in for you. The Lelo company has a gorgeous display case for them, and most shops are glad to have you see how that works, especially for the $$ you'd have to pay for it. Then, you can always come back here to purchase. I find that the guarantee that TT offers far outweighs any small savings that you'd get at a sex toy shop, which, BTW, from my experience, is very little, but often NONE. It's kinda funny, how I can point to something at a shop, and say "TooTimid's cheaper....." LOL But, I'm always up for a good deal, saving money, and doing, um, research!!! ;)

• Members

I found the best deals on Amazon. <.< I'm a poor college student who's also about to get her first car - can you blame me? But I get almost everything on TT. My mom would flip out if she knew what kind of money I've spent on toys at TT...

If all goes well with at least one of these toys, then my next project is to figure out this really strange peeing thing. Playing with my toys is no fun when all I can think about is whether or not I'm about to pee and how I'm going to get an appointment with my gyno without my parents asking too much and how I'm going to explain to my gyno that I'm peeing instead of squirting... Bleagh, this is not fun.

• Members

Check out the items here, many of which some of us Reviewers have tried out. First, go to the top, and enter in Vibrator, then go from there. If the item has been reviewed by one of our regular members and/or Review Team, there will usually be a more detailed review here on the Forum as well (we're limited on space on the shopping site, so some details are editted out). Then, if you see an item that HAS been reviewed, but would like more info, feel free to post a question either on that toy's review (on the forum), or even PM the person that reviewed it. I know, personally, I've reviewed several items. So, unless it's a fairly recent one, pulling it out from my memory *laugh* is hard.

One I will recommend is the Lucid Dream #14. http://shop.tootimid.com/lucid-dream-14.aspx

DJ0926-01main.jpg

Though it doesn't have any clit stimulation, you can use this, along with a favorite bullet (or none at all) for a fantastic G-Spot orgasm. I've recommended this to many friends, who have tried it and LOVED it.

Read the Review on it here on the Forum, and see how if those help fit your needs.

Reviews:

How powerful is the LD #14? I bought one of the LD vibrators (#16, I believe) and was a bit let down. I like my vibes on the stronger side.

• Members

My perfect toy would be about 22 years old, red haired, shaven, submissive, 5' tall, 98 lbs, 34-a.....

Yea, I'm just a dirty old man...or as kids say today: 'a creeper'.

hahaha... hyokahey, i LOVE that.. so funny.. yes, i believe "creeper" is the proper term.. i call my husband (who is almost 25) a creeper all the time, he chases me around the house with his "wanker" hanging out and gets this CREEPY voice... yeah.. we are weird. lol

• Members

Liv got here. Mia is due tomorrow (my birthday!). I'm not totally sold on Liv yet. Doesn't seem strong enough. But I'll forgo passing judgement until I've got that possibly-medical-problem resolved and I'm able to relax a bit (okay, a lot) more when I masturbate.

Just keep in mind that, what one person finds totally awesome, may not be so for the next person. Again, a lot of finding YOUR Perfect Sex Toy is trial & error. For example, just recently, both Mikayla and I tried out The Royal Rascal:

SE9523-12.jpg

She found it to be excellent, as did a few others, me, not so much. It really is in the, um, eye (?) of the beholder. LOL But it IS a lot of fun trying!!!! ;)

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members

Mia WOULD be if it had more power. It's doing the trick, but I'd like it to do its trick faster once in a while - a gal with a roommate can't always spend half an hour on the process. Liv is too big for good direct clit stimulation, I think. That's what I prefer about Mia - a small end. But I hate how Mia's USB cover tends to start slipping off. I worry about ruining the USB.

• 2 months later...

I would also recommend Lucid Dreams. It is my go-go toy.

It works fine on the body and clit with adjustable speeds and very little sound. I have kids, so I need something super quiet as well.

Be warned though, you will prob end up inserting. It G spots really well. The top seems a tad big (but no bigger than most guys). With the larger head and lube, it stays in place and feels great. You can roll over on all fours and not have this slip out. Then, you can add any clit stim you want. As others have said, some of the bullets are very quiet. You can hold on to your clit or just use a finger in addition to the G spot for a very nice solo act.

External only - I'd say the Wahl. Does have a slight hum but not much. Hit the spot, and it's a great quickie on low. Myself - the high is way too much. I may buy the cord to adjust speeds. Right now I'm on low and nice or jackhammer which I do not like at all and which is loud.

Okay, I'm starting the search for the perfect toy. I want a vibrator. I need something that is QUIET (I'm a college student; I go through periods when I HAVE TO HAVE TO HAVE TO masturbate every night, but I have a roommate, and I hate standing in the community shower while trying to get off; it's not possible for me). It must have adjustable vibrations on a sliding scale ranging from very low to very high. It must have a smooth surface; I'm not a fan of bumpy vibes. I don't want something like the dolphin that moves; I want something solid. Small is good, too.

I will dish out money for this toy if it's really, really good.

ETA: If it can't have a sliding scale, then it needs to have several levels.

• Members

I did a review on this a while ago, hope it helps.

Lucid Dream #14

Review by: Ladylove 3/20/09

Lucid dreams #14 is a pretty purple G-Spot vibe without any smell. The easily adjustable vibrations range from mild to high. It requires 2AA batteries that easily pop into the bottom of the toy, to get your party started. I purchased Lucid Dreams #14 because of all the hype. I want to see how this compared to my SO’s way of doing things, which had been the only way I had completely enjoyed G-Spots O’s. Having tried other G-Spot vibes before I was extremely leary. I decided to experiment on my own first. I got out my trusty lube, and away we went. I first experimented with the intensity of the vibrations. Personally I usually like higher vibes, but the low rumble of the bullet in the head of this dream is amazing. If it didn’t have any other setting I would have been completely satisfied. However it does have more intense setting so more we tried. OMG! It will take you over the top quicker that you can count to 10. OK, I’m not sure what you will need to count to, but you will get there very quickly with this dream date. The Lucid Dream #14 is also very quiet, so you won’t need to worry about little or big ears hearing you. The Lucid dream #14 is the only G-Spot toy to date I have completely enjoyed. I recommend if for beginners and experienced alike. Whether you like mild or high vibration, big or small toys, you will be in for a special treat with this Dreamy G-Spot toy. This makes it to the night stand for regular use. I award this a 5 out of 5 hearts.

My favorite toy is still my college stud, but I have others that make it to my bed side. This is one of them.