Official Community Forums Home

Ever Had A Fwb?

Tyger

FWB is Friend With Benifits....

How long did the sexual part of it last?

I did, and it lasted for 6 mos, and it was some of the best sex I've ever had! ;)

• Members

Yes, I have in fact we are still friends to this day. I have known him for 15years and in fact we are still great friends, although now I am married but if anything in my marriage were to happen in my marriage to the point of divorce he would still be there although him and I havent slept togeather in over 8years we both know that if we were both single that we could cum to each other with for our stress relieve.(pun intended) :P

• Members

I have had a few FWB - and I am friends with all of them but one. The one I am NOT still friends with it is only because his wife (fiancee at the time) was SOOOOO jealous of us, and the fact that we had slept together that he started acting like a jerk to me, and I wouldn't stand for it, so no more friendship! :angry:

The others are still my friends (there are 2) and one is a very, very good friend. The sex with both was good, but not fantastic, it was more of a comfort thing for both of us. I think you have to be really, really careful when broaching the friendship line and becomming lovers because you can risk the friendship. I am fortunate to still have my friends!

Mikayla :rolleyes:

• Members

For those of you that have posted or will after my post I would like to know what does your SO now think of you being friends with people you slept with?

I can say im friends with ex bfs only because if we see eachother its a friendly hello and maybe chit chat but since I never had intercourse with them my hubby doesnt mind but if we did fuck before and were friends as in talking on the phone or maybe meeting for lunch or whatever I know he wouldnt go for that nor would I if it was him.

So how close are you really with your old fwb and what does your SO say or feel about it all?

Hrnychick

• Members

My hubby has no problems, it is a trust thing. He trusts me, I trust him. I married him, not the FWB guys. There is no reason to be jealous of them. One of them lives in another state, the other I see often enough - we do dinner, lunch, etc. My hubby knows I won't cheat on him, that I am friends with "John" and that if he were to ask me to stop being friends with someone I knew before I knew him, that it would make him look weak and insecure as a man.

It is all about trust baby!

Kayla :blink:

• Members

I consider myself lucky,my SO is not jealous at all and in fact my good friend for the last 15yrs even though we have slept togeather numerous times before I was married to my hb, we still go out alone. The strange thing is, my SO will only trust me to go out with him to go dance or have dinner etc....

I believe that he is not jealous of him because he knows I would never cheat on him and that even though (Randy) and I have slept togeather numerous times in the past and are best friends nothing would ever happen. I know alot of people who have had good friends with benifits and their SO now is so jealous that is it hurting their marriage and the friendship. Maybe I am just one of the numerous lucky ones that have a SO who is not jealous and we communicate so well that if I ever decided to sleep with Randy again I would let my hb know.

• Members

I see your point Mikayla so I guess my hubby and I dont have that trust.....as I wrote under another topic I dont trust anyone 100% but again thats just me......but I know that my hubby would flip out if I were to do dinner with a ex bf especially if its one on one it would look to others like a date......and then rumors and trouble starts if seen together.

• Members

Funny that this should be brought up. Those who have been on the board for a while, know that my husband has Bipolar Disorder. There was a time that his sex drive was Zero....we hadn't had sex in over 9 months. All my advances and attempts at foreplay were refused...yes, REFUSED to the point he was sleeping on the couch to not even be near me. Finally, he told me to find someone to take care of my sexual needs (a FWB) because he was in a place where he wasn't sure what he wanted (as in sex, marriage, life in general). So, I did. Yeah, to some it may seem like cheating, but he knew where I was and what I was doing. In essence, we had something like an open marriage except he wasn't sleeping with anyone. As he finally went to a doctor, got diagnosed and on the right meds, I quit seeing my FWB. Rob and I are still friends, we chat and email (he has since moved to FL, we're in CA) Sex is still touch and go in our marriage. Hubby didn't know Rob had moved and told me to go see him. I said, "no, I don't need that now." He still thinks I should go see Rob, but I told him Rob moved to FL. That kind of shut him up, but he said maybe I should find a new FWB. I was taken back by it and wouldn't even consider now. Is Hubby seeing somebody else? I doubt it. He goes to work and comes home. BTW...he did have an "episode" with another woman 5 1/2 years ago...he swears there was no "sex" but.....thats a whole nother post. Sex is definitely not what it was like before his breakdown or as often, but I'll take what I can get from him, not a FWB.

My one FWB I've known since I was 14, and I told my hb, that I know he doesn't like him (cuz of how he saw him treat me when we lived together as roommates-FWB was kinda a control freak in some ways), I've known him all of my adult life, and I do know that if I ever needed anyone, or anything, my FWB would make sure I was OK, so hb would just have to deal with him. I don't go around bragging or anything when I chat with him, so hb doesn't get all freaked out. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members
My one FWB I've known since I was 14, and I told my hb, that I know he doesn't like him (cuz of how he saw him treat me when we lived together as roommates-FWB was kinda a control freak in some ways), I've known him all of my adult life, and I do know that if I ever needed anyone, or anything, my FWB would make sure I was OK, so hb would just have to deal with him. I don't go around bragging or anything when I chat with him, so hb doesn't get all freaked out. :rolleyes:

i have a FWB

we was friend since i was 16 . lost each other over the years . found each other againe and now we r FWB we will never part and if hubby don't like it he can hit the curb what he does not know

whon't kill him

don't get me wrong i love my hubby

but u just need the extrar some times

• Members
Funny that this should be brought up. Those who have been on the board for a while, know that my husband has Bipolar Disorder. There was a time that his sex drive was Zero....we hadn't had sex in over 9 months. All my advances and attempts at foreplay were refused...yes, REFUSED to the point he was sleeping on the couch to not even be near me. Finally, he told me to find someone to take care of my sexual needs (a FWB) because he was in a place where he wasn't sure what he wanted (as in sex, marriage, life in general). So, I did. Yeah, to some it may seem like cheating, but he knew where I was and what I was doing. In essence, we had something like an open marriage except he wasn't sleeping with anyone. As he finally went to a doctor, got diagnosed and on the right meds, I quit seeing my FWB. Rob and I are still friends, we chat and email (he has since moved to FL, we're in CA) Sex is still touch and go in our marriage. Hubby didn't know Rob had moved and told me to go see him. I said, "no, I don't need that now." He still thinks I should go see Rob, but I told him Rob moved to FL. That kind of shut him up, but he said maybe I should find a new FWB. I was taken back by it and wouldn't even consider now. Is Hubby seeing somebody else? I doubt it. He goes to work and comes home. BTW...he did have an "episode" with another woman 5 1/2 years ago...he swears there was no "sex" but.....thats a whole nother post. Sex is definitely not what it was like before his breakdown or as often, but I'll take what I can get from him, not a FWB.

I'm glad you posted this reply. My husband and I went through something VERY similar - except I am the one who is bipolar. There was a time when I was in a very depressed state when we didn't have sex for months (I don't know how many). I told my husband the same thing your husband told you. I don't know if he just masturbated with online sex partners - or if he actually met some people -- but he got what he needed. I am medicated now and we are in a MUCH better place.

As you may have seen in other posts, we are active in the swing lifestyle. My bipolar episode definitely put a damper on that!! LOL But he chose to not particpate in any house parties while I wasn't participating.

We have now made it through all of it. We now have met some wonderful friends who have become FWB for us. They are in the lifestyle with us. We didn't know it when we met them that they were in the lifestyle. We found out about that after they were sharing stories with us about a vacationo they took. My husband and the husband of the other couple work together. The wife of the other couple and I are good friends. We are friends first -- and enjoy "adult" activities on occasion .....

It's working for us for now ... and all 4 are happy with the situation.

• Members

I have had a FWB for seven years now. Seems odd, doesn't it? Without getting into too much personal detail ... What we have is awesome for both of us. He is practically the only male I know whom I can trust 100% to be honest with me.

I've known other women with FWB situations, but they were not actually 'friends' - it was all about the sex.

My FWB is very much one of my closest friends and I love him dearly. AS a friend :)

I don't think we'd be compatible in a relationship, and he feels the same way. Perhaps that's why it works so well for us.

I think finding something like what we have is rare. It takes a lot of communication and honesty to work. Something I don't see in a lot of people's marriages. Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, my relationship with him is better than the one I had with my husband. At least he knows how to communicate :P

To top that off, he is the best sexual partner I've ever had.