Official Community Forums Home

Getting A Divorce

• Members

Hello all of my TooTimid Besties!

I am sooooo sorry that I have been missing so long. I am getting a divorce after just shy of 15 years of marriage. While my hb is a great guy - very nice, supportive, good dad - we are just not meant to be married. As many of you know we have had sexual dysfuntion issues for many years of our marriage. We are not a good sexual match, and no matter what I have tried (and believe me, I have TRIED EVERYTHING), I can not get us to a place that is a compromise for both of us. We went to marital counseling, we tried sexual therapies. He is depressed and an overall unhappy person - and I am a very positive person. Together we just did not math up.

So, we are in the process of divorcing now. I am hoping to remain friends with him. I just wanted to stop by and say 'HEY' and share what was going on.

Hugs and Smoochers,

Mika

• Review Team

Some times things are just not meant to be. Good luck with everything Mik!!!

• Members

Best of luck with everything. I just had my divorce become final in February after 13 years of marriage. This was by my doing. We just grew completely apart and there was no way of getting it back to where it was. Wishing all the best to you in the future.

• Members

Mikayla,

I am so sorry to hear this. I know you both have dedicated 15 years to making this work. Maybe after some time apart, you both will work it out. I hope you both can find real happiness, no matter what the situation.

JJ,

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Thanks for all the kind words and wishes guys......

Well, the reason I am 'at ease' with it is because what I had suspected for a few years now was finally confirmed: my husband is gay. Yup. I don't regret our marriage, as we have 2 beautiful children - BUT - I sort of knew a while back. We have had a lot of sexual issues in our marriage, but the ED he had been experiencing the last few was really taking a toll. I mean, I am a VERY sexual person and for him to basically not want sex at all and not seem to be enjoying it AT ALL while we were having it....well, it sort of became obvious to me.

I am not generalizing that any or all people who have sexual issues have this type of confusion, no, on the contrary there were other signs I chose to ignore.

The fact is, we are good friends, best friends, and good parents, and we will continue to be such. However, I can't be married to a man who wants to be with a man, sooooo I have found a new interest who is FANTASTIC!

So, wish me luck and thanks again for the kind words and well wishes!

• Members

Mikayla I'm very sorry to hear that. I'm glad to hear that you and your husband still have an amicable relationship and that you are staying positive about everything. Still, that doesn't mean this is easy for you so I hope you're alright and that this process continues to go relatively smoothly.