Official Community Forums Home

My Rants & My Raves

ReadyToMoveOn

• Members

True. Thing is she wasn't old, I'd expect that from an old nasty nurse and my tattoos are quite tasteful and have meaning and very pretty. I've actually had old ladies, when I worked in a toy store, compliment them.

LOL my grandma loved mine! But some people are just too stuck in their ways to see tattoos for what they are: art.

• Members

Rant: Got my progesterone level checked yesterday morning and the woman drawing the blood turned her head sideways to read one of my tattoos, no big deal. Then she went "hmmm" and not in a "hmm thats interesting" way either. Then she made a comment about another one of my tattoos and then asked what that one said that she read and I told her it was a lyric from my first dance song at my wedding. She said "oh, your first dance for like prom or something?" (really I am 27 years old, do I look young enough to be going to a prom?). I told her it was from my wedding and she just gave me this look and said "hmm" again.

Rave: I got my progesterone checked :lol: One step closer to the IUI. Still have to wait till March but hoping mom won't have to spend that money because it will happen before then!! Got one more month to try.

Rave 2 (electric boogaloo): My sister found out she is having a boy which I find hilarious, considering the situation of this whole thing. For anyone who may not know, my sister and I are at odds because of this. I see it as being done on purpose and that she is settling, not to mention the things her man said to my husband and I when our baby died. It was very hurtful. He has mental issues, not to mention not worthy of her. Anyway, its funny because it will more than likely end up looking like him :lol:

Yes I can be mean and keep grudges. Judge me if you must.

I didn't think much of this until your next comment about an old nurse. I see tattoos all the time as a nurse. Some I ask about, some I just look at. Sometimes I may have a look on my face as I think about the meaning this has to the person. Just because some of us don't have tattoos, we aren't necessarily looking down on those who do. I did look long and hard at the marijuana leave tattooed around a guy's elbow once, though... :blink:

Sometimes, some of us just don't understand the personal nature of the body art people choose. It doesn't mean it's a judgment.

• Members

I completely agree with Toy I don't understand the need for body art, it makes no sense to me. However my personal view is your body your choice. Simple as that. I will also add for me a man with a tattoo is a turn off.

• Members

I completely agree with Toy I don't understand the need for body art, it makes no sense to me. However my personal view is your body your choice. Simple as that. I will also add for me a man with a tattoo is a turn off.

I believe that you didn't understand me, LadyLove. I think that some tattoos are beautiful, and if they are a personal expression, so be it. I may not understand what people but on their bodies, but it is their decision-not mine---kind of like what they name their children-and how they spell said names...

• Members

Women and Tattoos, Im kind of tentative about...I do not care for the tribal art on the back side of a woman...Im sure many know what has been said of them...Not good...

Personally I have a couple, well hidden, not easily seen, they are military related, only a select few know of their actual meaning. Im not a fan of the tribal art which seems to be fashionable these days, to me its just a trend, when its over, guess what...

My GF wants one, she doesnt have any. She wants something with my name or initials...Im not so sure...

Just my thoughts...

• Members

I believe that you didn't understand me, LadyLove. I think that some tattoos are beautiful, and if they are a personal expression, so be it. I may not understand what people but on their bodies, but it is their decision-not mine---kind of like what they name their children-and how they spell said names...

Your right I didn't fully understand. Your body your choice.

** I think it would be hysterical if a man has the Burj Khalifa (tallest building in the word in Dubai) tattooed on his penis. One could watch the structure rise biggrin.gif.

My GF wants one, she doesnt have any. She wants something with my name or initials...Im not so sure...

A definite statement on how she feels and where she feels the relationship is headed, which is really special and nice. However if your not comfortable with that you need to tell her so.

• Members

Rants ~ A friend from work was killed in a traffic accident. He wasnt married but he did have a young Daughter which he was battling in court to gain custody of. He was far too young.

Raves ~ None come to mind at present...

• Members

Rants ~ A friend from work was killed in a traffic accident. He wasnt married but he did have a young Daughter which he was battling in court to gain custody of. He was far too young.

Raves ~ None come to mind at present...

Ready--I am SO- SO- SO SORRY---OMG--that is so sad..........

I feel so badly for his family and especially his daughter....

I will keep his family in my prayers.

• Members

Rant: I don't ever sleep anymore. I'm starting to look like hell because of it.

I found out this morning that the test results were lower than they'd like so they are upping the date of the IUI to this month instead of next. Told me the success rate isn't high and rarely is it successful the first time. I feel its going to end up being a waste of time and $400. I also fear that it will never happen and I will never be a mother.

Rave: Tomorrow I get to dress up and attempt to be pretty. I am the hostess of my niece's baby shower. I love planning parties but this one was tough to do as it really should've been mine.

Brandy, so sorry for what you're going through. Don't give up! Miracles do happen every day!

Rave: Friday night at last and perfect stay in and cuddle weather!

Rant: When the cuddle bunny you crave is not home :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Rant: It has been a HORRIBLE weekend! Thursday I have to rush my niece to the hospital because she hadn't felt her baby move for at least 4 hours and the big hospital she was supposed to give birth (thats 2 hours away) told me to get her there and they'd bring her up. Anyway, get there, they find a heartbeat about to send her on her way and decide to check her cervix, shes 3-4 cm dialated so they get ready to send her off. Friday morning my husband, my sister (her mother) and I head up on our 2 hour journey to spend the day with her and we get about 20 mins away and the car breaks down, not sure what happened.

So we wait 2 hours on the side of the interstate waiting for a tow truck. Get to the hospital, tell the garage where they took the car that we live 2 hours away and NEED our car by 6 pm that evening. It was 1 pm when they got it. Called after 3, hadn't even checked yet. Call back in 30, did so, they don't know but if they find out anything by 6 (when they close) they'll call. Never did so we had to take a 2 hour taxi ride home, cost $270. My first time in a taxi and stuffed in with 3 other people. Thank goodness we had a nice driver who was very kind and it wasn't awkward.

Then I find out they aren't even open on the weekends so now I can't even attempt to get my car until Monday, hopefully.

Rave: I'm a great aunt (ugh I'm only 27 and my sister is a grandma at 31!). The baby is doing well even with the gastroschesis.

Brandy-I'm so sorry about your weekend. I was so afraid as I kept reading to the end that the outcome would not have had a happy ending. I'm glad the baby is doing well.

• Members

My RANT is that we finally have snow----winter has begun. Well, I guess it's to be expected, I mean--It IS February right ?? But having Spring like weather for so long was SO NICE....

MY RAVE is that the series "The Walking Dead" returns TONIGHT at 9 on AMC. I LOVE THIS SHOW !!!!!

If you haven't seen it check out the trailer (you can also watch some of the episodes on Netflix )

I know its not SEX---but OMG is it good..... So addicting.............

This is the new episode

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87EKtdpkKsk

This is the First seasons trailer (you can also look up the second season's trailer )

• Members

My RANT is that we finally have snow----winter has begun. Well, I guess it's to be expected, I mean--It IS February right ?? But having Spring like weather for so long was SO NICE....

MY RAVE is that the series "The Walking Dead" returns TONIGHT at 9 on AMC. I LOVE THIS SHOW !!!!!

If you haven't seen it check out the trailer (you can also watch some of the episodes on Netflix )

I know its not SEX---but OMG is it good..... So addicting.............

This is the new episode

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=87EKtdpkKsk

This is the First seasons trailer (you can also look up the second season's trailer )

I'm totally watching the marathon right now.

• Members

Rave: I have a KILLER menu for my late Valentine's Day dinner. New outfit and Lingerie.

Rant. My roommate just informed me she's bringing home ANOTHER random guy that same night. Like wtf. I understand I'm not expecting B to stay the night but really?! we've been roommates 2 weeks at that point and this is the second guy she's bringing home, well 3rd. And on MY BIG NIGHT, she know I've been planning this for a month! I mean really? I don't think that's cool. I just told her I'll find a place to crash for the night because I'm not going to feel awkward in my own home. I'm seriously pissed! Not cool.

• Members

Rave: Getting all dolled up and going out to a nice restaurant for dinner and drinks

Rant: Having to listen to people's LOUD bawling, squaling toddlers the whole time :angry:

A DATE!?!?!?!? If so how did it go?

• Members

Rave: I bought everything I need for my romantic dinner for less than $30, yup that's steak shrimp and wine. I'm awesome.

Rant: He had to cancel our dinner because his dad is having emergency surgery. :'( anyone want to join me for a steak dinner?

Edit:New Rave: HE LOVES ME!!

• Members

Rave: I bought everything I need for my romantic dinner for less than $30, yup that's steak shrimp and wine. I'm awesome.

Rant: He had to cancel our dinner because his dad is having emergency surgery. :'( anyone want to join me for a steak dinner?

I will be right up for dinner. Get it ready lil sis.

• Members

He can love you.

I'll just eat your steak. :lol:

• Members

Rave: Vacation!

Rant: The wife is temporarily out of commission...again...for the 3rd vacation running...*mutter* my timing sucks.

• Members

Rant: None at the moment. Weird huh? :huh:

Raves: I got my positive today!!! Been waiting forever for it and I finally got one so we can finally go to the doctor and get inseminated, well I can :lol:

Also, my old job at the newspaper is available again. I loved that job so much and did a great job at it. I hope they will let me have it again. Its only part time but I'd be making about what I make now and actually have some days off and not being burning through so much gas.

I have a good feeling about everything, which is quite strange for me since I am usually so negative. We'll see how it goes.....

Congratulations !!! So happy for you ! :rolleyes:

• Members

Rant: My Daughter Is Driving to Arizona for Spring Break, Im a nervous wreck as a Father...:blink:

Rave: The Week End is near, time for some much needed relaxation...B)

• Members

Rant: None at the moment. Weird huh? :huh:

Raves: I got my positive today!!! Been waiting forever for it and I finally got one so we can finally go to the doctor and get inseminated, well I can :lol:

Also, my old job at the newspaper is available again. I loved that job so much and did a great job at it. I hope they will let me have it again. Its only part time but I'd be making about what I make now and actually have some days off and not being burning through so much gas.

I have a good feeling about everything, which is quite strange for me since I am usually so negative. We'll see how it goes.....

Yea Brandy! Congraulations on the + ! Now go make a baby. Good to see you happy.

BTW, I like your sigline material. Its a good chorus line and I like the band Nickelback, even it its too pop sounding