Official Community Forums Home

For Someone With No Experience

ReadyToMoveOn

• Members

For someone as myself, with little or absolutely no experience with any toys (for women, I am not interested in anything for myself), what would be a great beginner Toy for my GF. I know she has a small dildo looking thing, as Ive seen her use it,I dont even know what to call the thing (sorry, no offense. I really am naive in this area).

Im in a LDR with my GF, and I know she masturbates as she has often told me so. So Id like to oblige her, while I am away, though I dont want her to find a replacement and feel she no longer needs what I do to her sexually (lol, joke)...

Any suggestions, and please dont ask me what she likes in Toys, I have no idea whatsoever???

rolleyes.gif

• Members

A bullet is always the best. There is some online somewhere for like 99 cents or something and they last forever!! Its called the silver bullet.

Thanks Brandy for the reply. Excuse my lack of knowledge in this area, but what is a "Silver Bullet" and what does it do. In Layman's terms. Im sure I could google the thing, but seeing many here are somewhat more knowledgeable and seem more informative of such things, I ask you.

Also, the "smartballs" sound interesting, though I have some concerns of such Items. Foremost, if they work as 'Tyger' and others have stated, Id be concerned of my GF possibly being in a constant state of horniness without my presence. Ouch!, So you see my somewhat dilemma.

wink.gif

• Members

Thanks Brandy for the reply. Excuse my lack of knowledge in this area, but what is a "Silver Bullet" and what does it do. In Layman's terms. Im sure I could google the thing, but seeing many here are somewhat more knowledgeable and seem more informative of such things, I ask you.

Also, the "smartballs" sound interesting, though I have://www.tootimid.com/fukuoku-9000-finger-tip-massager.htmlconcerns of such Items. Foremost, if they work as 'Tyger' and others have stated, Id be concerned of my GF possibly being in a constant state of horniness without my presence. Ouch!, So you see my somewhat dilemma.

wink.gif

My 2-cents worth: Forget the smart-balls. Start with a or a small vibe. , I like wireless best but you can do what ever you think is best for you.

Links to ones I would suggest:

HIgh Intensity Bullet

finger Vibes - or anything like this, check out the finger Vibe area.

Bath Time Bunny - suppose to be one of the most popular

Sorority Party Vib - can be used anally also... you also may enjoy the feel of the vibe when it's in her

and lets not forget

These..... , or These

..... just some quick suggestions to get you started. I think you should look through the beginner Vibe, Finger Vibe, and Bullet sections. Browse around and see what interests you. I know we'd all be interested in what you'll pick and what you think of it after use. Remember the first time you use a vibe, you my feel a little awkward, but that will dissipate.

• Members

Also, the "smartballs" sound interesting, though I have some concerns of such Items. Foremost, if they work as 'Tyger' and others have stated, Id be concerned of my GF possibly being in a constant state of horniness without my presence. Ouch!, So you see my somewhat dilemma.

wink.gif

Bullets are small vibrators that one will typically use to stimulate the clitoris. However it is also a great stimulator for breast, nipples, and almost anything in-between. I've used a bullet to give my DH a vibrating BJ as well as his perineum. Be creative and find new uses, it's fun and can increase the intensity of an orgasm. FYI - Intensity of the vibration is personal preference.

Smart Balls - I've tried them and decided they aren't for me. I'm thinking you want something interactive and these aren't. You could also try a slim anal vibe so your SO can have double penetration which you may like the feeling of the vibe yourself. What ever you do, never go from anal to vaginal, she could get an infection. However you could do the reverse. If you intend to share an anal device you may want to use a condom on it of wash is with anti-bacterial soap before the second person is penetrated analy.

• Members

Another thought if you are unsure what she is in to they also sell gift certificates which can be emailed to her so that she can pick out something that really interests her..

• Members

Ready, I'm sure there are many of us who can recommend toys, but we do need a little bit more information. Are these toys for your gf to use alone, or for the two of you to use together? I would love to recommend several toys for both scenarios, but have to know what you like...

• Members

Ready, I'm sure there are many of us who can recommend toys, but we do need a little bit more information. Are these toys for your gf to use alone, or for the two of you to use together? I would love to recommend several toys for both scenarios, but have to know what you like...

Probably more of when I am away. As I said, Im not familiar with anything of like when it comes to Sex Toys, So I am Lost on the Idea. blink.gif

• Members

Probably more of when I am away. As I said, Im not familiar with anything of like when it comes to Sex Toys, So I am Lost on the Idea. blink.gif

Only when your away? Or would you like the option of playing with her?

The ones I suggested above could be for either, but I'm curious if you are not interested in toys and why?

• Members

Only when your away? Or would you like the option of playing with her?

The ones I suggested above could be for either, but I'm curious if you are not interested in toys and why?

Curious ehh... The only answer I can say, honestly is Ive never used anything other than my own hands, eyes, fingers, mouth, tongue, dick and or the body parts of the woman I am intimate with. Well maybe one of my ties as a blindfold. But never any "Toys" ...

And the only reason why I am interested now is due to reading the Forums here, as it has sparked my own curiosity.

• Members

I am going to make several recommendations, and you can check out the reviews and see what you think.

http://www.tootimid.com/japanese-strawberry-shake-dual-action-vibe.html I will tell you that this is--no question-my favorite toy! I would recommend it to any woman, beginner to experienced player.

http://www.tootimid.com/lucid-dream-14.html This toy gets rave reviews by most women, although I really don't like it.

I would recommend any bullet to use alone or as a couple. It provides extra clit stimulation, and can feel really good on your shaft and balls as well. please remember any metal allergies/intolerances can be super painful for weeks afterwards if you are sensitive to metals.

I get that LL doesn't like the SmartBalls. Let me explain how these work, so you can develop your own opinion. They are a form of BenWa balls, so the entire purpose of using them is to exercise the vaginal muscles, and keep them tight. The SmartBalls are a little different than most, because they have #1-a small ball inside the larger ball, and #2-there is a retrieval cord, so she doesn't have to go...searching...for the balls. They move around randomly, and occasionally hit the g-spot. They are a...different...addition to a girl's toybox... B)

I have two daughters, and have given toys (accessories, etc)to both of them. My oldest didn't like the SmartBalls for the stimulation, however for her sex life she thought they were fantastic. Her boyfriend noticed when she'd use them more often and he would compliment her on that. Granted it wasn't a sexual thing so much for her, but she said it was fun to use on long car rides. It might be a toy that the two of you get to enjoy.

How's that for a start?

• Members

I am going to make several recommendations, and you can check out the reviews and see what you think.

http://www.tootimid....ction-vibe.html I will tell you that this is--no question-my favorite toy! I would recommend it to any woman, beginner to experienced player.

http://www.tootimid....d-dream-14.html This toy gets rave reviews by most women, although I really don't like it.

I would recommend any bullet to use alone or as a couple. It provides extra clit stimulation, and can feel really good on your shaft and balls as well. please remember any metal allergies/intolerances can be super painful for weeks afterwards if you are sensitive to metals.

I get that LL doesn't like the SmartBalls. Let me explain how these work, so you can develop your own opinion. They are a form of BenWa balls, so the entire purpose of using them is to exercise the vaginal muscles, and keep them tight. The SmartBalls are a little different than most, because they have #1-a small ball inside the larger ball, and #2-there is a retrieval cord, so she doesn't have to go...searching...for the balls. They move around randomly, and occasionally hit the g-spot. They are a...different...addition to a girl's toybox... B)

I have two daughters, and have given toys (accessories, etc)to both of them. My oldest didn't like the SmartBalls for the stimulation, however for her sex life she thought they were fantastic. Her boyfriend noticed when she'd use them more often and he would compliment her on that. Granted it wasn't a sexual thing so much for her, but she said it was fun to use on long car rides. It might be a toy that the two of you get to enjoy.

How's that for a start?

Thanks TQ, I appreciate the write up. AS Ive stated previously, she has a small vibrator/dildo type thing, I really dont know what they are termed or how. But the thing she has is about as long as my pinky finger, and it vibrates. I always ask her, "What are you going to do with that thing" she only sexily smiles.

I kind of hinted I was interested in buying something of this nature for her, she was receptive. So we'll see how it goes. I havent decided, still unsure what is what...LoL...

Im so Naive when buying these things. :o

Bullets are awesome! They're versatile, can be used on you or her, and women LOVE them! That's why they make so many different kinds. I have a favorite bunny bullet that I got from here, but I don't think we sell it anymore. The bullet part has a pink bunny on it, with short, rounded ears.

Or, how about a kit? There's a kit that I got many years ago here, that has a basice vibe, then sleeves to go on it that range from an anal toy to a clit stimulating dildo sleeve, a powerful bullet, with a sleeve (which was my favorite for 3 years before bunny time). It's called the Infinite Pleasures Kit for Men & Women.

NO1771-2.jpg

• Members

Bullets are awesome! They're versatile, can be used on you or her, and women LOVE them! That's why they make so many different kinds. I have a favorite bunny bullet that I got from here, but I don't think we sell it anymore. The bullet part has a pink bunny on it, with short, rounded ears.

Or, how about a kit? There's a kit that I got many years ago here, that has a basice vibe, then sleeves to go on it that range from an anal toy to a clit stimulating dildo sleeve, a powerful bullet, with a sleeve (which was my favorite for 3 years before bunny time). It's called the Infinite Pleasures Kit for Men & Women.

Holy Shyte Tyger, I wouldnt know what to do or what to stick where with so many Toys all at once.

I see I have some homework to do. Lol... :o

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

My wife and I were new to toys about a yr ago. We are by all means no experts in the toy area, But if I understand you correctly because you are in a LTR you want her to be satisfied while you are gone but still want you when you get back.

My wife and I talked a lot about toys the only stipulation that she put on them is she wanted toys that were not bigger than me. She wants to feel that I am always superior in gurth and length that way intimacy will not be compromised. That being said we decided on the first toy for her to be the "butterfly kiss" followed by others like the "lucid dream #14" which is ok but not the go to vibe. The great thing about the butterfly kiss is it is a dual sensation vibe inserted it gives great vibes but also vibrates the clit as well on the outside. Short enough as not to be a replacement. Once you are open about toys with each other you will never go back.

That being said we decided that toys were fun for her, both for her to use and for me to use on her. She would prefer that I use the toy on her when I am home to give her that first orgasm so she is well lubed for me to finish inside her. We decided to explore the masturbation toys for me, one ground rule she wanted to be the person to use it on me or watch me. As in she is too tired to go through the whole love making process but she knows something has to be done so a quick hand job with a masturbator does the trick. We chose the "Jasmin's hot mouth" she was not sure she wanted my first toy to be in the shape of another pussy. Once you go to a masturbator you will not want to use those callused hands again.

She loves to use the toy on me and I love to use the toys on her we have a small slim vibe that I use anally while using the butterfly kiss on her vaginally that sends her through the roof every time.

Now she went to stay with her mom for a month with the kids so grandma could play with the kids. I had to stay home and hold the fort down so to speak. She was 9 hrs away. She packed her vibes and some lube, when we had time on certain nights we would stay up late and text each other pics of what each other was doing with our toys as to participate in each others masturbation sessions and text sexy messages as to how good each other looks. This helped pass the time and it made it hot as hell when we both got back together, toys were a great substitute but not the real thing which we both craved. Hope this helps. Don't be afraid to search TT with each other and get Ideas of what she likes or doesn't like her body language will tell a lot about what she thinks of certain toys. We have had great "date nights" searching TT then going to Fredericks.com for a new set of lingerie.

• Members

A dual action/rabbit! The vibration of the ears against her clit plus penetration with the vibrating shaft will guarantee her some amazing O's as she fantasizes of your hands, mouth, and cock providing those awesome sensations!

This one is really good! And it's waterproof!

http://www.tootimid.com/i-vibe-rabbit.html

• Members

Hi Ready! First let me just assure you B.O.B.s (Battery Operated Boyfriends) are nice, but they will never, EVER replace the glory that is man. There are sights, smells, textures, flavors, and yes, even your weight on her, that can NEVER be truly reproduced by a toy. My b/f is long distance and before that I'd be single for a very VERY long time and I LOVE my toys. I love his dick even more. Now for the basic toys:

Bullets/Eggs: Can be very fun, but are only really good at clit play, which is what they are designed for. They come in varying shapes and a few sizes. I personally don't like them because the only place to hold them is on the vibrating part and my finger tips go numb from the vibes. But I think I'm in the small percentage of people who don't enjoy them.

Dildos- Rod shaped toys that don't vibe and are designed for insertion. To me this has boring written all over it, if I can have a real man, i want my vibes. The except? Glass, i hear they have many wonderful applications including heat and cold.

Vibrators- For our purposes we'll say they are pretty much dildos with a motor. A great starting spot, you get the fun of insertion and the joy of the buzzing. This used to be my favorite type of toy.

The Rabbit- Then I found this guy. It's a vibrator with a bullet attached. Some of them have rotating shafts, some have beads that spin inside, some light up, the list goes on, but a simple rabbit is AMAZING.

I recommend the Butterfly Kiss: http://www.tootimid.com/butterfly-kiss.html it flutters in all the right spots and the insert-able bulb isn't so big that you'll feel replaced.

Let me just say again, that I don't know a woman alive who would choose a piece of plastic over a red-blooded man. ;) have fun shopping!

Any updates as to what you've chosen for her, if anything, yet?

• Members

Any updates as to what you've chosen for her, if anything, yet?

Tyger, I havent chosen anything of yet...Though many have supplied great reviews, I have to do some serious homework before I choose...I know she has a couple, which are more like pencils than dildos/vibrators (whatever, I dont know the correct terminology)...

My plan is to visit next month, and hopefully I can bring along a couple surprises... We'll see...Not sure how to explain the "surprises" either...Hey I stumbled onto these while at the airport...LoL...

But I do appreciate the input from everyone...biggrin.gif

• Members

Tyger, I havent chosen anything of yet...Though many have supplied great reviews, I have to do some serious homework before I choose...I know she has a couple, which are more like pencils than dildos/vibrators (whatever, I dont know the correct terminology)...

My plan is to visit next month, and hopefully I can bring along a couple surprises... We'll see...Not sure how to explain the "surprises" either...Hey I stumbled onto these while at the airport...LoL...

Don't explain, just let her know you want her to "remember" you while your not with her. wink.gif

• Members

They sound like bullets, do they look like this: http://www.tootimid.com/high-intensity-bullet.html

Short, slim and possibly coming to a point? It sounds like she like the clit stim, I'd stick with a bullet or an egg :)

• Members

They sound like bullets, do they look like this: http://www.tootimid....ity-bullet.html

Short, slim and possibly coming to a point? It sounds like she like the clit stim, I'd stick with a bullet or an egg :)

No, though somewhat...Very simplistic, vibrating, about 6-7 inches in length, very thin...Metallic, yes...IDK anything about them...But they work when I am not around...

So...;)

• Members

No, though somewhat...Very simplistic, vibrating, about 6-7 inches in length, very thin...Metallic, yes...IDK anything about them...But they work when I am not around...

So...;)

okay if its 6-7 in length its a very thin vibe, they make those. If its the length of your finger like you'd said early a bullet most likely. But I can tell you now, she'll love whatever you give her! and they can work with you too...

• Review Team

The ladies here have already given some great options. I will just say, as has also been said before, no toy will ever replace the real thing. I have little toys, big toys, vibrating toys, pulsating toys, (you get the picture) but I would still rather have the real thing almost always. There are times I do enjoy my solo time, but that has to do with me wanting to be alone, not with the toys being in anyway better than him.