Official Community Forums Home

What Is The Ivibe Made Of?

• Members

The iVibe, as in the Rabbit is not made of silicone, it is made of Jelly or a mixture of Jelly and rubber. I no longer have the box for mine to look for sure, but I am 100% certain it is NOT silicone!

Mikayla

• Members
My wife and I are looking to up grade the one lonly vibrator. Was woundering if the iVibe was made of silicone or rubber. I guess we are wanting and easy keeper as far as use and cleaning.

Mikayla is correct. This toy is not made out of silicone. Silicone toys are on the rise, mostly because they are easy to clean and sterilize (you can boil them, and even throw them in the dishwasher, although, I wouldn't recommend this if you have roommates, they might not be thrilled to open the door for a nice, clean glass only to find your newest dong just hanging out.) The box doesn't state whether it is, in fact, jelly, or a mixture of jelly and rubber, so I emailed the company. Good Ole’ Doc Johnson (The makers of this fabulous toy) state that it is made out of Jelly. Now, jelly is ideal if you don’t plan on sharing the toy: just keep in mind to ALWAYS clean your toy VERY thoroughly before and after use (Too Timid sells a few great products just for this: Before & After Spray and Antibacterial Wipes.) If you and your wife want a good toy, this is arguably the best "dual action" vibe out there. Granted, it may be a little on the expensive side, but worth every penny. It does everything you could ask for - and more! Now, if you just gotta have silicone check out the Ch'i Jade Vibe or Paul and Paulina or for something a little smaller you can check out The Royal Silicone Rabbit Vibrator .

:)

• 2 weeks later...

:D

I am picturing my old roommates opening up the dishwasher to see one of my dildos in there!! They'd freak! LOL

Although, with cleaning any toy in the dishwasher, be sure that it is a waterproof one, or one with no electrical parts, and have the end on it, to keep the insides from getting wet. Let the toy dry off a bit, opening it up, just in case it does get wet inside for some odd reason. Hope that helps too.:

• Members
:D

I am picturing my old roommates opening up the dishwasher to see one of my dildos in there!! They'd freak! LOL

Although, with cleaning any toy in the dishwasher, be sure that it is a waterproof one, or one with no electrical parts, and have the end on it, to keep the insides from getting wet. Let the toy dry off a bit, opening it up, just in case it does get wet inside for some odd reason. Hope that helps too.:

HA! I won't lie - I don't think that the majority of my roommates would even bat an eye to a dildo or three in the dishwasher; however, I'm not sure how *I* would feel drinking out of a glass that was washed next to a dildo.

And yes, no putting battery packs OR non-waterproof toys through the DW.

• Members

I have to be honest and let you know, that all the toys I have,,, I wash them with anti-bacterial soap even if some of them are dishwasher safe. Call me a clean freak but the ones that I can put in the dishwasher I still was them with antibacterial soap.

Howard is absolutly correct there is nothing wrong with washing them with soap. :)

• Members
I don't know if this site works. I just ordered 2 for my wife through here. It seems like too good a deal. http://www.healthyandactive.com/vf696.html

allit: tootimid.com sells the SAME vibrator for $19.95 (marked down from $29.95). And it comes in purple or hot pink! I actually just purchased the purple one today! :) here's the link: http://shop.tootimid.com/index.asp?PageAct...ROD&ProdID=4815