Official Community Forums Home

Free Dating Websites?

Tyger

I'm not ready to start dating yet, however, I'm curious to see how many of you have tried dating websites. And if you have, which ones. Craigslist makes me nervous just from all of the horror stories I've heard that stem from them. So, if you've ever tried one, please share. And your experiences from them as well please. kthanksbye!! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I tried Craigslist and got very lucky. Yes I know that is rare as there are a lot of horror stories out there. Mind you when I did Craigslist it was almost 6 years ago. I understand from people I have talked with that it has changed a lot and not for the better. One good one I have heard of that is free and that people have had success with is okcupid.com. I have one friend that met and married someone from there and two others that are in longstanding relationships with someone they met on there.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Well ShortStuff I'm glad someone has found True Love on OK Cupid. I've been on there more than a year with zero luck.

• Like 1

• Members

I was surprised to see OK Cupid mentioned yesterday by ShortStuff. I also want to edit my statement to that effect. But first a little genuflection or history.

Over the past nearly 30 years I've signed up with numerous Love matching outfits. Long long before Al Gore invented the Internet there were the little weekly free papers that ran *Personals Ads*. For a few years after that there was a small paper out of Seattle WA called Seattle Single News whereby I met 2 lovely single ladies one of which still brings up a particular lass I met and we had a short lived yet steamy affair... She was around 4 trucks ago or about 26 years ago. Funny thing about her-I closed on and moved into my current house right around the time I met her. She was very accommodating in a somewhat Ward and June Cleaver kind of way.

She placed an ad. As was my custom back then I spent a week writing her a long letter. When I finally mailed it it was around 10 pages on both sides. We exchanged several letters then moved up to calling each other. We had arranged a tentative date when she asked me for a photo. I sent one where I had had a professional photographer take some shots of me. I wore my fanciest duds and had my hair slicked back just perfect. I guess my photo was The Bomb cuz her phone call to me was a steamy 20 minute affair and I tore off to Seattle in my 4x4 breaking all kinds of Land Speed Records...

I was still in my little Hippie Girl Phase back then and she was all gussied up in a blue denim mini skirt that hugged her curves, melted my heart and made me rock hard with desire and want.

She seduced me that evening plying me with wine coolers and her womanly ways. Tho I didn't recognize it at the time I learned that evening I loved a strong assertive woman who took what she wanted and made me her boy toy.

Fast forward 20+years. I've been a member of OK Cupid a year or better. One of the best aspects of this site is that it is FREE. Over the years prior to now I've sunk a few hundred dollars in various romance For Hire outfits. It's a wee bit embarrassing to own up to. Match dot Com-E Harmony+others I've long since forgotten the names of.

There was one adult sex site-Hook Up outfit where I met one gal one time. The one saving grace of that date/hook up was I ended up spending my Date Funds on some brand new tools and Tool Pouch (Electrician tools) for the job I had at the time. The job I ended up retiring from actually.

OK Cupid I like because not only are there women who are located in the very same state as I am but they are in MY COUNTY!! My TOWN and I wouldn't doubt it one iota but I suspect a few are in MY NEIGHBORHOOD!!!!! While I am seeking someone in my own age bracket say 52 to 68 (I am 61) I list the 18 to 68 years old Range tongue in cheek.

Right now there's a cute lil gal I'm trying to get to first base with. To me first base is exchanging phone numbers-yakking on the phone. She lives in my favorite town hereabouts. Of all the lil towns in the Valley here Sedro is where I've always headed for on a Saturday for the past 20 years. Sedro reminds me of Norman Rockwell's America. Everything that is good about AMERICA like Little League and farmers working the land and picnics after church on Sunday... Yeah all that hokey stuff Paul Harvey used to talk about... Sedro's GOT IT!!! And I want my little piece of it.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

I'm not on any sites anymore, but I'm curious to see if anyone else is now, and 12GAUGE, how did it go?

• Members

I'm not on any sites anymore, but I'm curious to see if anyone else is now, and 12GAUGE, how did it go?

Hay Tyger I recently met a nice retired lady. An RN for 30 years and as I soon found out a total SUB.

I am still on one site. OK Cupid. In early October I met a nice lady who landed in my county from the midwest. Only to learn she is like me kinky as all get out!!!!!!!!!!!! Hubba hubba!!!

While I would LOVE to get super dooper Kinky on her my born and bred fucked up self can't.

I really wish I could explain it better but I cannot.

I am pretty fucking horny right now and have been since I woke up 3 hours ago.

All of the Hottest NASTIEST SEX one can conjure up is what I want right NOW.......