Official Community Forums Home

Bad Neighbors?

Tyger

If you have neighbors, how do you get along with them?

Personally, I'm not a hard person to get along with. I like the people that live right next door. However, they had one dog that they had in a kennel, outside, and then, on top of the 4 kids they have, decided to add 2 more dogs. One dog is out back, near my house, and it YIPS All. Day. Long. It's quite annoying. It's a pitbull mix, seems friendly enough, but it wants attention, so it yips. Which they keep it outside most of the time. All of which is perfectly legal, but very annoying.

Then, the people that live on the corner of the property, have 2 other big dogs, one of which is also a pitbull mix, and is a bit more aggressive, those people have been shooting guns randomly here and there (which is illegal considering how close they are to residences and a school), and I've called the PD about them. But their dogs get out often. I'm debating on getting a paintball gun to shoot them so they'll steer clear of this property.

I have very nosey neighbors. Living in a small town, and living at the school's rental property, is proving interesting, but so far, have been left alone. I'm assuming most people know how I am and will leave me alone, but we shall see. For the most part, I have legitimate complaints, but not much I can do about them, other than what I'm doing.

How are your neighbors?

• Like 2

• Members

Three of my  neighbors are very nosy about why I am single, but since they sorta helped raise I guess they feel they are allowed? We actually just got new neighbors across the street and they are pretty cool so far, and they like my annoying dogs.  I only have one neighbor I really don't like, and when I say I really don't like him I mean it.  He used to have pit bull (now don't get me wrong I love dogs, all dogs, but this pit was raised to kill smaller animals) that one day literally pulled my screen door almost off the hinges and tried to kill one of my cats in my house in front of my children, my sister's children, and the neighbors' children.   The dog did almost $600 worth of damage to my living room, and an additional $500 in damage to the stuff in the living room.  Add that up and it is $1,100 in damages, not including the mental damage it did to the kids, watching my sister and mother try to beat the dog off of my cat.  He had his girlfriend give us $100, and told us we better not call the cops.  Well we called the cops, and he called my mother, my sister, and myself all kinds of names.  About a month later our big dog, who lived outside, ended up dead.  We have no proof it was him, just like we have no proof that he is the one who keeps driving through our yard but we still think he is the one responsible.  Also we keep having stuff go missing from our yard, again we are fairly sure it is him we just can't prove it.  We think it is him because the only time stuff like that happens is when he is actively living with his Grandmother, who owns the house down the road from us.  Other than him I love my neighbors, even his grandmother who I call Granny. 

• Like 2

• Members

After reading the posts here I feel lucky. I live out in the countryside. I just got new neighbors. They seem really nice, friendly and are quiet. On the other side is a neighbor with three high school aged kids. They keep to themselves and cause no issues. Behind and in front of me is farmland. The old neighbors were aloof and used to stand on their back deck and shoot guns. Each member of the family had at least four guns. I was never comfortable with that. The oldest kid would get high and shoot. One day I found paperwork from the courts with charges he was facing, or I should say I found them after I ran over a wallet with the mower. Anyway they moved so things are very pleasant now. 

• Like 3

• Review Team

I get along great with my neighbors we say hi in passing , one stayes to them selfs and 1 is a snow bird so when it gets cold they fly

• Like 3

• Members

I have great neighbors now but the last place I lived.... Oh my god I had a knife pulled on me one of the many that lived in this shackles behind our house died in the house from drug overdose. The shack shared a driveway with our home so the drug deal going on effected our everyday two Am visits from cops having strange people looking in our Windows the nervous pacing of driveway and not to mention the murder for hire case the one o had most conflict with was involved in... After we moved it was all over the news yikes I was pregnant then Abe I was in this guy's face all the time he beat up his girlfriend in my yard so yeah I had a beef with him lay a hand on a woman in front of me I will puff up like the state puff marshmallow man and my days ad being my own bouncer at the bar I tended in my young days comes out in me lol I was 125 then 5'4 I also am a country girl so I don't play nice when I see people being beat up on 

• Like 2

• Members

OMG Wendybird74, I am so glad you moved.

• Like 1

• Members
6 hours ago, krisleightate said:

OMG Wendybird74, I am so glad you moved.

Omg me too the guy in the murder for hire case and I had a beef all the time I got in his face once because he was beating up his pregnant girlfriend he and I did not see eye to eye and everyone told me to lay low because he's bat shit crazy well so am I when I see a man woman or child being tossed around like a rag doll I called the cops many times on him and the rest of the people rarely saw them come check it out the north side and down town of Spokane is no joke glad I live in a safer area now... I have had my hous broken into as a kid a few times and this is the second time someone pulled a gun on me it doesn't scare me as much as pisses me off my adrinlin kicks in and out of want to inflict pain on the asshat who could ever do such a thing the first was a guy my sister was hanging out with who seemed not right in the head we were having a party in our younger days I told him and his friends to come with me to go get food and left them down town they were not good people I felt it and they proved it there was going to be drinking and friends these guys seemed hang affiliated so my sister red flag went off and I stepped up alone that was pretty stupid but I wasn't taking my sister because who knows how that would have gone 

• Like 1

• Members

I can pick on my sisters but if anyone hurts them yeah body bag will not be the only thing the fuck tard will need I am the oldest and let's just say I care we went through a lot together and we don't need any ass hats 

• Like 1