Official Community Forums Home

Looking For Way To Conceal Toys

I have my new toys on their way, but is there some sort of locking box that I can purchase to hide them in? I wouldn't want my cleaning lady to find it......... she may want it for herself :D

(or my children for that matter)

• Members

AHHHH, I know the dilemma! I posted a similiar topic not too long ago - because my son found my 100+ toys that I was hiding under my bed. Let me post a link to that topic and it might help you.

http://forums.tootimid.com/index.php?showtopic=1006

I finally had some custom boxes made that fit under my bed, are wood, have latches and LOCKS on them. I cycle out my unused toys and put those in the basement and keep my favorites close at hand in the boxes. I also got a smaller box for my nighstand that I keep lubes and bullets in - they are smaller.

So, maybe that will help you to find a solution!

Mikayla

• Members

IF YOU FIND SOME THING LET ME KNOW. I WANT SOMETHING THAT SAYS PRIVATE. :P I DON'T WANT TO USE A REGULAR TOOL BOX, BUT I MAY HAVE TO. MAYBE YOU WON'T MIND USING A TOOL BOX. ;)

• Members
IF YOU FIND SOME THING LET ME KNOW. I WANT SOMETHING THAT SAYS PRIVATE. :P I DON'T WANT TO USE A REGULAR TOOL BOX, BUT I MAY HAVE TO. MAYBE YOU WON'T MIND USING A TOOL BOX. ;)

Actually, I laughed my tush off with Howard's idea. I thought, "Why not?! Get one that has pull-out drawers and drop a lacy table cloth over it to conceal it and make it all pretty like a bedside table. What better holder for 'tools of the bedroom' than a 'tool chest' or a tackle box?!" Brilliant!

In a world where there isn't a chest of drawers made specifically for bedroom toys (for shame!), one needs to get creative, right? :)

• Members

In a world where there isn't a chest of drawers made specifically for bedroom toys (for shame!), one needs to get creative, right? :)

I mean, really. Somebody should get on that. They could make a TON of money! I really want one myself, with two kids, one that's four and extremely curious, I'm gonna need one! :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members
I have my new toys on their way, but is there some sort of locking box that I can purchase to hide them in? I wouldn't want my cleaning lady to find it......... she may want it for herself :D

Have have a similar dilema with needing to hide my toys from my 12 yr old son. Last weekend I was killing some time browsing thru TJMaxx and found 2 items that are perfect.

The first one, I wanted something for my night stand where I can keep my lube and small favorite toys of the moment. I found a wooden box that is perfect. While it does not "lock" it is nice enough to be left out in the open and hopefully my son won't go searching around in something so plain site. The lube fits in there, as well as my simple silver vibe that I keep in a silk sleeve.

The second one is much more discrete. The box is about 1' sq but the outer appearance is that of old world books. They stand on end and the top book is hinged to open up. I have placed this on top of my highboy dresser between two bookends. Again, it does not lock, but its such common day decor that you'd think it is simple decor. Its large enough to keep a good portion of my collection of toys and movies within easy reach yet hidden.

Each item cost less than $20 (I think the nightstand box was $10 and the books were $20) And if I put some creativity into it, I could righ up a locking mechanism to each.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

We don't have a lot, 3 vibrators, a blindfold, a tickler, and couple of other little things is all. :rolleyes:

We use a little travel bag that can be zipped, and locked with a small padlock.

You can pick one up from virtually any department store or drug store for $5 or so.

The only problem is, that the liberator wedge/ramp combo, does not fit in there. <_<

Then, what to do once the collection grows, as I am sure it will!

Being only a month or so into our new venture with toys,

we were concerned about our kids finding them and being curious.

We didn't want the kids to walk out of the bedroom while we had company over,

and ask, "Hey Mom, what's this?"

Well, we weren't as careful as we should have been.

About a week or so ago, our 11 year old

was digging in the nightstand next to the bed looking for something.

Who knows what he was actually looking for.

None the less, he didn't find what he was looking for,

but came out of our bedroom with a vibrator :blink: and said,

"Hey Mom, what's this? All I know is that it vibrates!" :o

She told him, "It's your father's go put it back where you found it!" :ph34r:

Thank GOD, we didn't have any company that night!

I was at work, so I wasn't a part of this, but she called and told me about it right away!

Needless to say, that is when we made sure that the toy bag IS always locked now.

• Members
Why not tell the kinds its for your back, when its sore, to relieve the pain? ( It does do that!) If the kids think this is for medicinal purposes, they won't touch it again! , particularly if you tell them they are not to touch it. Tell them its expensive, and would be difficult to replace. Instruct them that they are not to play with it, or allow anyone else to use it. If they are still curious, let them lay back on it, and turn it on. They will giggle at the vibrations, and that will be the end of it. They also won't come to your bedroom at night if they hear the motor on that thing humming in the night- Two birds with one stone!

...until they bust in and say "mommy, do my back again". :lol:

About the boxes, I just ordered this one

Babeland Box

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I just had a thought...you know those stand up jewlrey boxes that hold scarves and other things....I think thery would make an awsome toy chest...they are hard to find, but I have seen a few that have good size draws on them, perfect for toys! also I bet you could take out the holders for the rings and such.

• Members
AHHHH, I know the dilemma! I posted a similiar topic not too long ago - because my son found my 100+ toys that I was hiding under my bed. Let me post a link to that topic and it might help you.

http://forums.tootimid.com/index.php?showtopic=1006

I finally had some custom boxes made that fit under my bed, are wood, have latches and LOCKS on them. I cycle out my unused toys and put those in the basement and keep my favorites close at hand in the boxes. I also got a smaller box for my nighstand that I keep lubes and bullets in - they are smaller.

So, maybe that will help you to find a solution!

Mikayla

Try a tool box. :)

Bedroom hardware!! :lol:

Anyway, if you get a toolbox, or even a large tackle box *wink wink*, you can always get some car or wall decals, or craft paint, and decorate it for yourself. Put that personal touch on it (and in it). I'm pretty crafty, and love to personalize a lot of stuff.

• Members
Have have a similar dilema with needing to hide my toys from my 12 yr old son. Last weekend I was killing some time browsing thru TJMaxx and found 2 items that are perfect.

The first one, I wanted something for my night stand where I can keep my lube and small favorite toys of the moment. I found a wooden box that is perfect. While it does not "lock" it is nice enough to be left out in the open and hopefully my son won't go searching around in something so plain site. The lube fits in there, as well as my simple silver vibe that I keep in a silk sleeve.

The second one is much more discrete. The box is about 1' sq but the outer appearance is that of old world books. They stand on end and the top book is hinged to open up. I have placed this on top of my highboy dresser between two bookends. Again, it does not lock, but its such common day decor that you'd think it is simple decor. Its large enough to keep a good portion of my collection of toys and movies within easy reach yet hidden.

Each item cost less than $20 (I think the nightstand box was $10 and the books were $20) And if I put some creativity into it, I could righ up a locking mechanism to each.

great Idea

something awkard happened yesterday with my niece

shes adult and everything but still shes my niece ya know

Im not used to having visters at home

well I wanted to get something out of my bedside drawer and opps there it was

at least it was in its little lavender bag

I think she seen the lube though

just kinda awkard

thinking of a special box now too

thank you for the posts everyone and have a great day

heres my Idea

think one of my cigar boxes would work