Official Community Forums Home

New To The Gay And Lesbian Lifestyle

No longer Trapped In The Closet?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. First Lesbian Relationship

• How To Comfirm Girlfriends Real feelings?

• Members

This is my first realtionship with a female and I'm not sure how she really feels about me when I see her and receive her letters in the male it seems as if she has feelings for me, but behind her back I'm being told something else who's telling the truth

• Members

I really don't think any of us can answer that question. If someone is saying that she is not interested in you behind your back, but she is seemingly interested in you otherwise you really have to decide how much you trust this girl. Is she consistent? Has she been with women before? Is she just trying you on for size? I think you really just have to let your heart tell you how to vote on this one, I don't think we can give advice based on what little you have told us.

I do know that women who are new to lesbianism sometimes get confused about things - so make sure she is committed before you commit.

Mikayla

• Members

I really don't think any of us can answer that question. If someone is saying that she is not interested in you behind your back, but she is seemingly interested in you otherwise you really have to decide how much you trust this girl. Is she consistent? Has she been with women before? Is she just trying you on for size? I think you really just have to let your heart tell you how to vote on this one, I don't think we can give advice based on what little you have told us.

I do know that women who are new to lesbianism sometimes get confused about things - so make sure she is committed before you commit.

Mikayla

Basically we started off as friends and then we became attracted to eachother after a while. now that I'm no longer living in the same facility with her it's kinda hard tell where her feelings for me lie. when I go to the treatment facility to see how's she's doing when she sees me and my daughter she screams like a crazed fan like she misses me so much but not only are my feelings involved so is my three year olds sometimes all she talks about is Monica. when we go to the building to handle some business and when she sees her she goes right where she is and she likes her also. That's what really made me like her the way she treats my daughter. She has a ten month old daughter who I also adore as much as I would my own daughter and her daughter loves me too we even have nicknames for our kids. She calls my daughter Chipmunk and I call her daughter Puffy Puffy and up until recently I was told differently about what she "thinks" about our relationship. This is my first female relationship, she has had other female relationships in the past also. I would really like to get to the bottom of this and find out the real deal but that would have to wait until A: she replies to the letter I wrote her last nioght and sent off today or B: I'll have to wait until Isee her on the 29th of this month whichis next weekend.

• Members

When I said treament I meant as in alcohol & drugs not anything else thats how we met, in there.

But the truth of the matter is I don't know who to trust whether it be her or my peers I feel like I'm in a tangled web of deception. I guess I'll have to wait and see what happns when I see her next Friday at Narcotics Ananymous meeting and I will get to bottom of who's telling me the truth. Because I just seen her last Tuesday and she was happy to see me and my daughter, she knows how I feel about her and her daughter I mean I know that in one week her feelings haven't changed for me that quick. Every time I she sees me and my daughter she screams like a crazed fan in the front row of a concert of her favorit celebrity. Unless she is just taking me for a ride? But I'll ride this thing until the wheels fall of or she tells me about her feelings for me which ever one comes first because two can play that game. I was in a relationship for six years and I know when I'm being taken for ride. And when I do find out that I'm being taken for a ride I'll let her know that "I'm too experienced too be taken for a ride and oh no it's not my foolish pride" I am so very full of pride because it's in my nature I'm a Sagitarius and she's an Aries talk about oppisites attrack

• Members

In your last post you said "you think you maybe getting taken for a ride and two can play that game"......Well I think you just answered your own question.....As others have said there is NO way we here can answer about what you are going through and feeling at this time.

After reading more about you two it does sound like she has feeling etc.....but then again you said others are telling you the opposite.....Well how trustworthy are these other sources/friends/peers???? Is it someone that spends a lot of time with her in the treatment center to she how she acts towards others? It could be that she is like this towards others and this person or people are telling you to watch out for her cause they just dont want to see you hurt in anyway. I say if you have doubt (which you do) that is number one reason to get to the bottom of all this.....no need to be strung along right......especially when your child (and hers) are involved.....So when you see her face to face go someplace quite without the kids if you can and just have a heart to heart talk......lay it all out there.....every question every doubt......this is your time so dont hold back, clear everything up so you can move on together and put to rest what others are telling you.....or you can move on and find someone withwhom you have no doubt at all.....Either way I wish you the best of luck.

Hope it all works out for you.......keep us posted.

Hrnychick

• Members

" Most addicts are fighting the " Lonelies " in some form or another. They bury their pain in whatever substance they can take that makes them forget."

I couldn't agree more Howard.

I am a former addict myself, and I have been in relationships where my partner was an addict.

I tried several times to help them clean themselves up, and help them get on their feet so we could continue some semblance of a "normal" relationship.

The end result? I worked 40+ hours a week, paid the bills, and watched as they robbed me blind, I lost my car, my house, and my job.

I caution you STRONGLY, tread very lightly here.

Outside influances can break a relationship faster than a match on dry grass.

Perhaps that is the entire point of this other person telling you what they are, they want to be with the person you are with.

Or it could be that they are unhappy and wish to make everyone else miserable as they are.

Hard to say.

The point is, tread very very carefully until she is through her treatment program, and you can be positive she will stay on the bandwagon.

The only ones who stay clean are those who seek the treatment for themselves.

Best of luck

• Members

Thank you very much for the advice and yet some of you may have hit the nail on the head and some of you don't have any type of experience in this field but thank you anyway and whiskey woman I thik I will go along with your advice because my daughter father is an addict and I was put through the drama for 6 years the empty promises and everything that I thought sounded good being clouded by my own judgment all though two can play that game I don't want to get hurt again in another relationship so when I see her I will put it out there about my feelings for her. And don't worry about what other people are telling me I ahve to see for my self thank you :)