Official Community Forums Home

<_< Reoccuring Uit's

Crazygurl0203

• Members

OK so i had to go to the hospital last night cause i have gotten my 3rd uti since August 28th....The first time i was perscribed SMZ/TMP It was Bactrum i believe.

The second time i didn't take anything i was just pounding the water and by monday morning i had no symptoms and i told the dr last night that i did that and she said i probably diluted the infection not completely made it go away....and well, this time i was perscribed Macrobid(to make the infection go away safe to take if trying to get pregnant which i am so she gave a script for thins kind) and Pyridium (makes the symptoms go away and turns your urine bright orange how fun)

OK so while i was there i also asked if UIT's were transferable and she said NO cause he's not sticking his penis in our uthrethra. So that's is all set....and they have the same symptoms that we get to.

So now i need to make a follow-up apt with my Mid-wife tomorrow to let her know what's going on....I spoke to her last Sat(the 23rd) Nothing was done though they wanted me to go to the lab I couldn't on Friday cause my son has speech therapy and i wasn't going to drag my 2 kids into the bathroom with me....Sat i couldn't get there cause my kids are on a bowling league and it don't get done until 1:30 and the lab closes at 1pm

They aren't open on Sun and Monday my symptoms were gone.

I have bought some cranberry juice....I am going to dread drinking that stuff...its GROSS. Oh well.

I have BAD bladder infections. Mine get so bad, that I bleed after 2 days or so. It's called Cystitus. It's bad. Lotsa pain, quick symptoms, lenthy recovery. I feel your pain!!

When I was pregnant, I had 3 bladder infections in a row, and had to go on suppressive therapy for bladder infections: Macrobid once a day the entire time of the pregnancy. You may want to ask your Midwife, and then OB/GYN about that.

• Members

I have to call her tomorrow so i am going to ask about it.

Although i am not pregnant or so i think. I won't be able to test and it be positive for another 9 days possibably 10

This is the first month i have noticed i have ovulated and we've been doing the deed atleast once a day...there was one day we didn't...Hmmm i think Friday.

• Members

Definitely get tested and treated EVERY time you have the symptoms. The pain and discomfort may be relieved with things at home (drinking lots of water/cranberry juice, regular pain killers, etc), but the infection will not go away unless it is treated with antibiotics. If a bladder infection goes untreated, it can even spread to the kidneys and become a much more serious problem. I know you are busy with kids, but peeing in a cup doesn't take too much time out of the day so try not to put it off! :P

• Members

OK update. They got my results from the hospital and they were negative for UTI but they still put me on meds anyways.

All done taking meds now and i feel fine...No problems yet.

Got my physical on the 19th so we will be discussing why i got so many since Aug 28th.

• Members

I'm glad to hear your UTI is better. They can be INCREDIBLY painful, and you can feel so sick.

I used to get UTI's a LOT.. especially after intercourse. This was years ago. We actually almost stopped having sex for a while because I'd get sick every time we fucked. This really put a strain on our marriage.

I went to several doctors to ask if there was something I could do to prevent them happening, and finally met a wonderful doctor whose wife had the same problem. He told me things I've never read or heard anywhere else, and the method really works. I still get a UTI every now and then, but it's easily cleared up.

Remember that your pussy is supposed to be cool and dry (except when you're having sex, of course!). That means covering it up with lots of layers of clothing will make it moist and warm, and bacteria love moisture and warmth. Keeping your pussy cool & dry means wearing skirts or dresses rather than pants, NEVER wear pantihose (garters and stockings are way more comfortable anyway, besides being sexy), and if you must wear panties (better to not wear any) they should be thin and natural fabrics (cotton or silk). And much as you like showing off your figure in tight jeans, they're a no-no.. they can rub you raw and that makes it easier for bacteria to get a foothold.

Drinking cranberry juice daily may help, but it's important to drink lots of water every day so you flush your bladder a lot. You'll pee a lot, but that's good for your bladder, too.

Most important, see your doctor and get a prescription for Nitrofurantoin (same drug as in Macrobid) and take 100 mg after you have sex. This will prevent an infection before it starts. If you have sex twice or three times in the same session, you just need to take a single dose when the games are finished.

I've told this information to several other women who had problems with sex-related UTI's, and they all found it works wonderfully.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I used to get UTIs all the time when we first got married. Absolute hell! Had a very understanding GYN who explained that all the sex was the reason. Intercourse pushes the bacteria that the previous poster was talking about into the ureters. This sets up the infection. Immediately after sex, go pee. This helps to push that bacteria out. (This is also another good reason for drinking lots of water on a daily basis.) I also take prophylactic antibiotics after sex as well. My dr prescribed generic Macrobid which seems to be the usual one for this problem. If we are having an especially active few days, he told me to only take one a day as this should prevent the problem. I can honestly say I haven't had a UTI in years because of this treatment. You do not have to worry about becoming de-sensitized to the antibiotic because you are taking such a low dose. Also, the yeast is not an issue (as is so common in women on antibiotic therapy), again because of the low dose.

I work in the medical field so I know not all doctors will agree to this treatment because so much has been said in the medical community about the over use of antibiotics. This is a very small dosage taken at most every few days. For those who have sex daily and suffer with this problem, then it might be a better option to see a urologist and make sure there is nothing else going on.

This problem is definitely treatable and preventable. No woman should have to suffer with such discomfort (and that is putting it mildly) on a recurring basis. Please talk with your doctor. Good luck to you.