Official Community Forums Home

Texas Governor Does It Again

Tyger

TX Governor treats gender confirming care as abuse

First the abortion bill, making it ever more difficult for women to have control of their own bodies, and now this......

Read it and tell me what you think honestly. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Please be respectful of everyone's.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

If Governor Abbott had a child that was trans or gay would he be thinking the same way. For a parent to do what they think is best for their child and to be charged with abuse and to be thrown in jail, that's just totally wrong.

• Members

I am so thankful I have no school age children or grandchildren in school today. To teach sex  ed. and the rest of the garbage they are pushing on preschool, kids, elementary kids and teenage kids ; in my opinion is just wrong. Children and I say children’s brains, are  not developed enough to understand the context of the material they are pushing.Just my opinion.☀️

• Like 2

• Members

No one uses abortions for birth control.  I have a friend who only has one ovary, isn't supposed to be able to get pregnant, was on birth control and used condoms, and still got pregnant. She can't afford to even fix her car and already has one kid. She got an abortion. The morning after pill is a good thing. If she had the kid, multiple lives would've been ruined. 

• Members

I beg to differ Newexprock. I’ve read articles of women who have had multiple abortions because they did not use birth control, I feel it’s a personal decision between the woman and a partner if she has one. It’s not an easy decision to make. God Bless your friend.☀️

• Members

Some interesting perspectives from participants of an open, accepting site discussing all aspects of sex.  I respect all the opinions expressed here but think everyone should be free to make decisions about their lives that are right for them and their children without interference from politicians or others who might disagree with them (and that means either side of the "issue").   I find it ironic how many times politicians, and many of their supporters, who loudly proclaim the "freedoms" we supposedly have in this country are the very ones who are restricting our freedoms the most; be it voting, abortion, contraception, speech, etc.

The culture wars are tearing us apart as a nation and are being used by unscrupulous people to get elected/re-elected, or enrich themselves as talking heads on TV or other media; usually thru half truths or outright lies.  Frankly, this is nothing new but in our world of instant communication and only accessing sites expressing like-minded opinions presented as "news", it makes it even more incumbent upon us all to think critically and listen to both sides of an issue. 

I apologize for the long response and hope the question Tyger posed doesn't turn the forum into a political or culture war site.

• Like 1

• Members

I agree with Rio, Cirrus. You are spot on. You articulated perfectly.☀️

• 3 months later...
  • Members

I pro life. I ok with contraception. After all i started listioning to Dr Ruth when she hit radio and cable.  I stand up against crt and people trying to teach sex to elementry childten. Parents decide that not teachers or the school board. I have no problem with people being bi or gay. Alot of people just curious or unsure. There a time and place for everything. Flaunting sex and nudity at Disney world is a no but a nudist resort yes. We have drag shows where i live but you got to be 16 with adult to go in but it a show not a strip sex show.  This kind of demonstrates my attitude. My uncle pioneered the way for those to have a pride flag and be accepted, he battled hiv and aids for 15 years. He adopted and raised a son around gay men but he was against anyone flaunting their sexuality in front of his son and public places. Heterosexual couples didnt and he and his partners didnt.  His son knew but didnt see. He explained to me as a gay man he wanted acceptance but not attention. He not madonna selling records. What we see at some of of these parades with children wearing little on and men and women flaunting dildos to an audiance and fuck written all over their signs and shirts dosnt bring respect and acceptance. It just being offensive and attention  getting like shock jocks used too

FB_IMG_1661305639574.jpg

• Like 1