Official Community Forums Home

Have You Or Would You Give A Sex Toy To A Friend?

Tyger

I thought this was a good topic to bump back up, especially since we've had some newbies sign up!

• Members

I am not shy with my girl friends about my sex life OR the TOYS that play a part in it. Consequently, I have been bombarded with questions about the different toys and what is good. I refer most of them to TT, but when it's a friend that I don't think would buy her first toy on her own, I'll buy her her first one. I have given away 6 first toys, and more than a dozen toys to my closest girlfriends for b-days and other holidays.

• 5 months later...
  • Members

I just ran across this topic and thought it needed to be bumped up.

YES I have given and received sevreal toys as gifts. Whether it's a gag gift or an "I'm sorry your single now, but make the most of it" present, it's great to have friends who will not just accept a toy with a smile, but also use them!

The best present for a gag gift is normally a ball gag or a stroker (aka pocket pussy) I have found. And if you can find them, X-Rated candies are always a blast... but sometimes too funny to actually eat.

For close friends, I have been known to give clit stimulators, dual actions, mini vibes, and even DVD's. I have no qualms about being at a toy party with a friend and having them pick out their own birthday present (I was told it was the best present she ever got). Everybody needs a friend so close you can buy intimate gifts for... without reading too much into it.

So the holiday season is upon us, and it's time for gift giving for friends and family. Who's going to find what under their tree this year? :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I don't have many (okay only one) friend who I am really close to, and she happens to also be my double cousin. No, no incest, just her mom (my mom's cousin) married my dad's brother. We have been close since we could walk, and we have experimented together when we were teenagers. She got me lube, restraints, and a fox tail for my wedding. The fox tail because when I was a kid I almost always had some sort of "tail" so I could be a bunny, horse, dog, etc. She saw it at the Renaissance Faire on someone else, and said that is soooo Bekah! Anyway, we have no problem talking about sex, so I would definitely have no problems getting her a toy if I knew she didn't already have it.

Other than that, there is only one other person who I might, and I mean might, buy a toy for. That's my husband's aunt. She is so great! She turned me on to adameve.com, which lead me to look for other such sites, which lead me to TT! TT is now my favorite site, and even though I don't have the money to buy, I can always look and discuss...Anyway, I might get her something, but I'd probably be too embarrased (midwestern mentality: you're enjoying yourself? SHOCKING!!!) I might also get something for my sister-in-law once she graduates, but I'd probably wait for her bachelorette party (if she gets married), cause she has a big mouth and wouldn't let me live it down, and I don't think her parents would like that if they found out...I don't know how they'd take it because they like to joke about such things, but when it comes down to actually doing it...not so much. My husband loved talking about stuff when we were dating, but now that we're married, I have to force him to go to the only sex shop in a 30 mile radius. Anyway, I'm just to shy about it I guess.