Official Community Forums Home

Female Hair Removal

• Members

JP:

This is my first post so forgive me if it doesn't come out right or if I do something wrong. I've been on forums before just not ones such as this one. :)

Anyhow, I am still trying to find a way to prevent rashes. I have a shaving cream on order that is supposed to help with rashes. It is called Coochie Shave Cream. I would be happy to post my results when I get it and try it. There are a few others but I can't remember the names. I found this one on another board I was reading.

As for trimming down hair, I have found that my husband's electric razor can trim pubic hair. Use the side that is for sideburns. It can shorten the hair. It doesn't work well at all for me when I tried using it for a close bikini shave though. I still use a razor for that. Hubby wants a clean complete shave at least once but I have not gotten brave enough for that yet. The stubble I get now is painful enough when it grows in.

Oh, I found the Coochie Shaving Cream on ebay as a buy-it-now in an 8 ounce for $5.95. The shipping was a bit high at $6-something but the cost of the cream itself for an 8 ounce was the cheapest I have seen it. The one selling it said it was only in the erotica scent but that was okay. I think it comes in a berry, unscented, and the erotica, and a vanilla - I think. Don't quote me on it because this is my first time trying it. I'd be happy to post my results if you are interested.

I have found that for legs and underarms, if your hair is course, you can soak in a hot tub with baby oil or soaking oils first to soften the hair folicles before shaving and then apply plenty of quality lotion afterwards. It always helps me. One more thing, I also use my hubby's elecric razor's sideburn razor thingy to shave the upper leg area so the hair doesn't get thick or course like it does from the knee area down. what hair is there remains soft and thin.

Hope this helps.

SS

PS: You can get bikini line wax or Nair type products but the wax is highly painful when doing it yourself and the hair dissolving solutions are very messy. You also do not want to get that kind of cream onto tender skin. It can cause major irritation.

I was wondering what you females use to remove the pubic hair?  I don't want to go get a brazilian wax, is it possible to do one yourself?  Any other methods besides just plain shaving which tends to come back way to fast?

Thanks!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

This is my first post too, so I'll give this one a go.

First - when my husband and I ventured to a strip club together a few years ago, that brought up the topic of eliminating the hair down there. I tried home waxing kits and let me tell you - they suck big time. So I started with depilitating and shaving. I should mention - I've got thick, dark, fast growing hair, and to keep from looking like Chubaka, I have to shave every other day at the minimum. Summer time, I shave daily.

To help combat bumps, I use a variety of products, from Bikini Zone after shave treatment (its basically a pore cleanser w/ lidocaine for pain), to Benzoil acne cream to help dry the areas, and Dove deoderant. Also - an antibiotic cream w/ lidocaine or benzocaine in it also helps at times.

The key to keeping bumps at bay is to shave regularly, clean and exfoliate daily (or a couple times a day if necessary), moisturize with a non oil moisturizer (I'll use pure Vit. E oil mixed with pure Aloe gel).

After a couple months of regularl shaving maintenance my skin had adapted and I could shave and apply Dove deoderant and go bump free without a problem.

Recently I got tired of shaving every couple days, so I bought the new Braun epilady thing. Yes - painful as hell the first time. Took quite a bit of rum and vodka to numb the body, still took some benzocaine/lidocaine numbing lotion, and icepacks but I finally got almost all the hair.

Once the initial treatment is done, the hair grows back in phases - so when you do followup treatments there isn't as much hair, so its not as painful.

My suggestion to those going to try the Braun - get a professional full wax job done first - its quicker to handle the pain of the first time that way. Then begin your followup regimine. Keep up on it. As soon as a few hairs begin to grow - remove them.

And - with whatever you decide, whether you shave, depilitate, wax or epil - you need to stick with it for a period of several months before making your final determination. it takes your body time to adapt to this. but once it does, you won't go back.

• Members
This is my first post too, so I'll give this one a go.

First - when my husband and I ventured to a strip club together a few years ago, that brought up the topic of eliminating the hair down there.  I tried home waxing kits and let me tell you - they suck big time.  So I started with depilitating and shaving.  I should mention - I've got thick, dark, fast growing hair, and to keep from looking like Chubaka, I have to shave every other day at the minimum.  Summer time, I shave daily.

To help combat bumps, I use a variety of products, from Bikini Zone after shave treatment (its basically a pore cleanser w/ lidocaine for pain), to Benzoil acne cream to help dry the areas, and Dove deoderant.  Also - an antibiotic cream w/ lidocaine or benzocaine in it also helps at times.

The key to keeping bumps at bay is to shave regularly, clean and exfoliate daily (or a couple times a day if necessary), moisturize with a non oil moisturizer (I'll use pure Vit. E oil mixed with pure Aloe gel). 

After a couple months of regularl shaving maintenance my skin had adapted and I could shave and apply Dove deoderant and go bump free without a problem.

Recently I got tired of shaving every couple days, so I bought the new Braun epilady thing.  Yes - painful as hell the first time.  Took quite a bit of rum and vodka to numb the body, still took some benzocaine/lidocaine numbing lotion, and icepacks but I finally got almost all the hair.

Once the initial treatment is done, the hair grows back in phases - so when you do followup treatments there isn't as much hair, so its not as painful.

My suggestion to those going to try the Braun - get a professional full wax job done first - its quicker to handle the pain of the first time that way.  Then begin your followup regimine.  Keep up on it.  As soon as a few hairs begin to grow - remove them.

And - with whatever you decide, whether you shave, depilitate, wax or epil - you need to stick with it for a period of several months before making your final determination.  it takes your body time to adapt to this.  but once it does, you won't go back.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the input. I have very coarse hair in the pubic area too. That was one of my biggest problems. I have found I have to shave daily or at least every other day to stay smooth too. I tried the Epilady for a bit on my legs but it was horrid. That was during the early days after it first came out which might explain why. Maybe it has improved since then.

So far, the results using the Coochie Cream is working okay but it has the consistency of hair conditioner and it even says it can be used as conditioner for hair on the head right on the bottle. I have noticed since I have used it several times now that it isn't as painful as the first time, the outgrowth and shaving itself so there must be something to the idea of consistent use. I'll keep trying it.

A few days ago I learned there is a day spa not too far from where I live and there is a big possibility they do the bikini line wax. I'm planning to find out and definitely will give it a go and then try your suggestion as soon as the waxing gets the area smooth. I do have a question though, do you know if Secret deodorant would work as well as Dove? I am highly allergic to several different deodorant brands and even ended up in the ER once after using one I had no idea I was allergic to until after I began to itch, swell, and my throat began closing on me. Since then on doctor's advice, I have stayed with Secret - same type each time in order to avoid another ER visit. Fortunately for me it was from use under my arms. I've been an MT (medical transcriptionist) for a very large hospital ER so you can imagine some of the cases I've come across in my time. :) I'm simply leary of trying anything out of the ordinary for fear of allergies. I do use vitamin E oils and keep Aloe Vera plants in my home for burns, to prevent scarring on cuts and such, etc.... That would't be a problem at all to get hold of since it is right in my kitchen.

Thanks again for the info. It's helpful and hopefully I can get some great results for hubby. ;)

SS

• Members
Thanks for the input. I have very coarse hair in the pubic area too. That was one of my biggest problems. I have found I have to shave daily or at least every other day to stay smooth too. I tried the Epilady for a bit on my legs but it was horrid. That was during the early days after it first came out which might explain why. Maybe it has improved since then.

I do have a question though, do you know if Secret deodorant would work as well as Dove?

SS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

On the Epilady - yes, the new Braun ones are much different than those original ones from the 80's. I had one then - and found it was faster and less painful to pluck the hair out with tweezers than to torture myself with the epil. But this new Braun is different. Its got 2 heads - one specifically for first time and sensitive users. Both have extra nobbies that kinda numb the skin. Also, it has an extra attachment that has little rotating nobbies that also brush across the skin to raise the hairs and help numb the skin.

Think of it this way - use a bristle brush on your skin for a few seconds and notice how your skin responds to plucking a hair with a tweezer. You feel the difference. The new braun works that way.

I also use Lidocaine or Benzocaine lotion. I apply and leave on for about 5 mins to numb first. Then I wash it off so I have a clean surface to work on. Then use the braun. Also, I'd use it for a few mins, then put an ice pack on for a few mins and alternate that way.

Of course the first time took quite a bit of rum and vodka drinks before I could finish. Also, it took about 3 hrs to do my legs, upper back thighs, bikini and pubs.

This is why I highly recommend if you go this route - get a pro wax job first.

I've tried the Sally's cold wax and the hot wax kits. Its not the same. You can't do it to yourself. Too much pain - you get to chicken to pull fast enough and hard enough. Just spend the $$ and get a pro to do it. Then as the regrowth begins you keep up with it with the Braun.

Of course - all the suggestions about keeping the bumps away apply to waxing. Clean, exfoliate, using drying gels, use antibotic creams, etc.

And - on to the Deoderant question. I only use Dove. I know Dove has a disclaimer about the drying/anti bump thing. I think its the moisturizer content as well as the drying. See, for me, the bumps occur from the thick hair getting caught under the skin - and the heat/oil buildup. So using drying gells, acne creams and moisturizers, etc a great deal. (Also, I use the clear solid, not the gel or sprayon type)

Try the secret - worse thing happens, it doesn't work. But you know you aren't allergic, so it won't hurt to try.

• Members

I hate to bust your bubbles but there are some new ones out. I saw one on AVN and decided to look for others. Guess what?? I am (or was) a waxer with aloe to soothe the areas afterwards. I found these new ones but do no know which to get. They all have big promises. If & when I get one I will let you all know.

http://www.intimatepersonalshavers.com

http://www.beavershaver.com

http://www.swingerzone.com/shaver.htm

http://personalshavers.com

Take your choice and let the rest of us know.

Oh one has a razor with a curved blade and not any more than a regular. There is also a spot on one that has a wax deal. It hurts cause they say it does. An after thought; I have shaved for years and finally come across something kthat is super. Instead of a cream or soap I use a generic KY jelly. It is smooth, you can see what you're doing and all isn't covered by cream.If it starts to dry just dab it with a very little water.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
I hate to bust your bubbles but there are some new ones out. I saw one on AVN and decided to look for others. Guess what?? I am (or was) a waxer with aloe to soothe the areas afterwards. I found these new ones but do no know which to get. They all have big promises. If & when I get one I will let you all know.

Take your choice and let the rest of us know.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

After over a month of use - I now really enjoy my Braun Silk Epil and won't go back to razors or waxing again. I even do the pubic area with this. Its great and the results last and ingrown hairs are at a minimum as long as I stay moisturized well.

• Members

Oh how I love the feel of a fresh shaved pussy. How I despise the red bumpy

rash that rears its head after!

There are a few things you can do to avoid (or at least reduce) the onset of the red bumps. First soaking in a warm bath will help open the pores and soften the hairs. You should use a good shaving cream and a new razor each time you shave the bikini area. Shaving in the direction in which the hair grows also helps.

I have heard of a few remedies to use after shaving: moisturizing the shaven area with a light lotion, using baby oil on the shaven area followed by a light powdering with baby powder, or applying common deodorant onto the shaven area.

I am a HUGE fan of the Brazilian wax. It is a bit uncomfortable at first--not to mention a bit awkward as you lay spread eagle on the table--but it has a fantastic outcome! Talk with some of your girlfriends and ask if they have any places they would recommend.

Good luck.

Jen

• Members

I recentley bought one of the new razors that vibrate as you shave. Although it hasn't helped much with lengthening the time between shavings it has helped reduce those unsightly and uncomfortable red bumps you usually get after shaving