Official Community Forums Home

Crazy question primarily for the men

Hoggy

• Members

Ever since I was about 13 and started growing pubic hair,  I always shaved myself clean. My feelings are,  if I can't flaunt my hair,  or most people will never even see it - then why have it? I shave my underarms as well..

Fast forwarding 44 years,  I have a urologist appointment in a couple of weeks. Although I'm aware of what's involved in an exam, I've never been to a urologist, and I'm nervous about being shaved. What will the doctor think?

I know they're professionals, have seen everything and I'll never know what he thinks but still...

I think women who shave or not are viewed differently.  They are works of art that are adored. Not so much with us guys

Any opinions from my boys? Have any of you been to such an appointment while being slick as a whistle? How was it?

• Members
1 minute ago, Mikeb said:

No worries hoggy I also shave never cared about what anyone thought about it  plus it makes u look bigger LOL / doc won’t say a word plus I had a female doctor 

I'll have what appears to be a Middle Eastern man!! I've yet to meet him. LOL

• Members

I have been shaving for 40+ years

I had a bladder cancer scare and had to be scoped. My urologist had a female assistant and neither said a word.

My dermatologist only made a passing comment but that was it. 
Don’t worry 

• Members
21 minutes ago, 2Love_64 said:

I have been shaving for 40+ years

I had a bladder cancer scare and had to be scoped. My urologist had a female assistant and neither said a word.

My dermatologist only made a passing comment but that was it. 
Don’t worry 

What did the dermatologist say?!

• Members

I've been shaving ever since my prostate cancer surgery 20 some odd years ago and every 4 to 6 months when I go back to urologist there's no problem. Often times the nurse checks me out first to see if my bladder is draining okay and I have to pull my pants down and there's never a problem with her saying anything either. Just relax

• Like 1

• Members
12 hours ago, Hoggy said:

What did the dermatologist say?!

He made the verbal observation that I was a shaver. I just said, yep.

I also had one comment I forgot about when I went in to get my vasectomy. When the nurse got ready to shave me and open the gown with the razor in her hand she casually said well I guess I won’t be needing this 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Members
On 5/26/2023 at 7:58 PM, Hoggy said:

Ever since I was about 13 and started growing pubic hair,  I always shaved myself clean. My feelings are,  if I can't flaunt my hair,  or most people will never even see it - then why have it? I shave my underarms as well..

Fast forwarding 44 years,  I have a urologist appointment in a couple of weeks. Although I'm aware of what's involved in an exam, I've never been to a urologist, and I'm nervous about being shaved. What will the doctor think?

I know they're professionals, have seen everything and I'll never know what he thinks but still...

I think women who shave or not are viewed differently.  They are works of art that are adored. Not so much with us guys

Any opinions from my boys? Have any of you been to such an appointment while being slick as a whistle? How was it?

I don't think the urologist will care wtether you shave or not. They have seen so many of each that it shouldn't bother them at all. I have been to one both ways and they haven't acted any different.  They did comment about about my tatoo. lol

• Like 1

• Members
17 minutes ago, Doc said:

I don't think the urologist will care wtether you shave or not. They have seen so many of each that it shouldn't bother them at all. I have been to one both ways and they haven't acted any different.  They did comment about about my tatoo. lol

I can deal with tattoo comments..LOL I have 4 of them. 

• Members

Your doctor has more important things to worry about and does not care if you are as hairless as a babies ass. Believe me, they have seen it all. Keep your meat whistle slick. Shave, pluck, wax or laser. Don't forget to use a moisturizer and lube up after removing hair. Your skin will appreciate you and will be as soft as silk. 

• Like 2