Official Community Forums Home

Ex's and Respect?

• Members

My ex and I divorced after 10 yrs of marriage. 2 years later she is a roommate. (No bennies) we each have new relationships. The question is we've never discussed any rules on bringing the new partner home for a stay over. Neither of us has yet.  I'm wondering if it a respect thing or do y'all think we're both being stupid. 

Question part 2:

Do y'all think it's a good idea to bring a new partner home  considering the situation mentioned above? Ex wife and New woman together? Ex husband and new man? Is that a recipe for disaster? 

• Members

This is a very nontraditional situation, so I think you’d have to forge your own solution. You just have to talk about it together to figure out your parameters. 

• Like 3

• Members
6 hours ago, Hoggy said:

I can understand it being awkward but,  all that aside,  if you are both equal roommates,  you both have equal rights to bring someone home without the need to discuss it.  JMHO.

We did indeed discuss the issue. I think we're at an impass. I don't mind if she has her new partner over. In fact they visit here at home quite often. I don't mind if he stays overnight. They're not my business other than the common areas of the house. However, the ex says, and I'm quoting, "I don't want to listen to you fucking your girlfriend all night".  End quote. 

I didn't see that one coming. 

(Besides, I've NEVER been able to fuck ALL night)  just trying to lighten the discussion. 🤣

So I'm not sure what the next move should be. 

Any suggestions? 

• Members
2 hours ago, getting mine said:

We did indeed discuss the issue. I think we're at an impass. I don't mind if she has her new partner over. In fact they visit here at home quite often. I don't mind if he stays overnight. They're not my business other than the common areas of the house. However, the ex says, and I'm quoting, "I don't want to listen to you fucking your girlfriend all night".  End quote. 

(Besides, I've NEVER been able to fuck ALL night)  just trying to lighten the discussion. 🤣

Any suggestions? 

I guess I would say,  "I'll be as quiet as possible so long as you do".

Heck, if anything,  you have the upper hand since her BF has been over but your GF hasn't.

But it does sound like to me that your ex has some jealousy issues. She brings her BF over but doesn't want to hear the joy you're bringing your GF -  SHOULD YOU bring her over?! C'mon....

• Like 2

• Members
4 hours ago, getting mine said:

Any suggestions? 

Go to her place

• Like 1

• Members
5 hours ago, michelleddd said:

Go to her place

I do stay with her once in a while. We live in different cities but they're not far apart. I don't mind staying with her but it's inconvenient if I have to work the next day. If I stay too often I may get a bill for rent 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Members
9 minutes ago, michelleddd said:

I’m not discounting the unfairness if it all, I’m just thinking is it worth the stink it will probably cause? 

I don't think so. I can stay at my partners house. But it would be nice to have her in my bed once in a while. I think for now the best thing is to just keep it simple. Partners are welcome to come visit but not overnight. 

• Like 1

• Members
14 minutes ago, getting mine said:

I don't think so. I can stay at my partners house. But it would be nice to have her in my bed once in a while. I think for now the best thing is to just keep it simple. Partners are welcome to come visit but not overnight. 

I guess just keep talking about it and pointing out the hypocrisy of her decision. 

• Like 1

• Members
On 7/8/2023 at 3:17 PM, getting mine said:

Any suggestions? 

Ear plugs or turn up the music. If she don't pay rent or pull her weight let alone your pud I'd toss her ass out the back door and change the locks.

• Like 1