Official Community Forums Home

Great News! Luck is Changing!

• Members

Well as I posted yesterday I’ve had a run of bad luck lately. I have good news today. My daughters and I have been estranged(totally) since my divorce. They are slowly coming around. My oldest will text me once and awhile, that’s it. I haven’t seen her in over ten years! My youngest about the same. 
They cut me out of their lives during the divorce . I won’t go into details now.

I’m happy to say that we are making headway. She wrote me a very poignant letter. She apologized for how she treated me and wants to get together and get to know me again. I was going to go visit her this month. We talked on the phone today! I had to tell her I had to put off our visit until Aug. or Sept. Well I’m delighted to report that she asked if she could come and see me instead!I couldn’t believe it! She wants to be her pride and joy her dog.He’s eleven . I told her I’m taking my girlfriends’s cat so I’m not crazy about the idea. She insisted he gets along with cats so hopefully things will go smoothly.🤞Fingers crossed I’ll be getting her today so she’ll have time to adjust.Please everyone keep your fingers crossed everything will be fine. Thank you,🌞😁

• Like 3

• Members
1 minute ago, Lonely and divorced said:

Well as I posted yesterday I’ve had a run of bad luck lately. I have good news today. My daughters and I have been estranged(totally) since my divorce. They are slowly coming around. My oldest will text me once and awhile, that’s it. I haven’t seen her in over ten years! My youngest about the same. 
They cut me out of their lives during the divorce . I won’t go into details now.

I’m happy to say that we are making headway. She wrote me a very poignant letter. She apologized for how she treated me and wants to get together and get to know me again. I was going to go visit her this month. We talked on the phone today! I had to tell her I had to put off our visit until Aug. or Sept. Well I’m delighted to report that she asked if she could come and see me instead!I couldn’t believe it! She wants to be her pride and joy her dog.He’s eleven . I told her I’m taking my girlfriends’s cat so I’m not crazy about the idea. She insisted he gets along with cats so hopefully things will go smoothly.🤞Fingers crossed I’ll be getting her today so she’ll have time to adjust.Please everyone keep your fingers crossed everything will be fine. Thank you,🌞😁

I meant to say bring her pride and joy her dog, lol..🌞😁

• Members
7 minutes ago, michelleddd said:

That’s wonderful!  That’s a good sign,  hope it turns out how you want it to. ❤️

Thank you so much Michelle. So don’t I. 🌞😁❤️

• Like 1

• Members

This is great news Lonely…. Family is most important. I pray everything goes smoothly and that you reconnect in the best way! Good luck! 

• Thanks 1

• Members
14 minutes ago, Lovecake said:

This is great news Lonely…. Family is most important. I pray everything goes smoothly and that you reconnect in the best way! Good luck! 

Thank you so much Lovecake! That means a lot to me.😁🌞

• Members

That is awesome! 

I have many family members that don't (and haven't in years) speak to one another but my philosophy is we only get one shot at this thing called "life".  So regardless of how difficult a family member is, I will always maintain communication. 

I've even been called "soft" and the most difficult is my older brother but he's my brother nonetheless.  My older brother and younger brother have not spoken since 2015. Both are stubborn. I refuse to be like that. 

I'll even apologize for something even if it's not my fault.  I'll do whatever it takes. There's NOTHING like family! NOTHING!

I am very happy for you! Your story is probably one of the happiest I've read here.  Keep us posted!!! ❤💞

• Members

You sound in such a better mood today. Good for you

• Like 1

• Members
12 hours ago, Hoggy said:

That is awesome! 

I have many family members that don't (and haven't in years) speak to one another but my philosophy is we only get one shot at this thing called "life".  So regardless of how difficult a family member is, I will always maintain communication. 

I've even been called "soft" and the most difficult is my older brother but he's my brother nonetheless.  My older brother and younger brother have not spoken since 2015. Both are stubborn. I refuse to be like that. 

I'll even apologize for something even if it's not my fault.  I'll do whatever it takes. There's NOTHING like family! NOTHING!

I am very happy for you! Your story is probably one of the happiest I've read here.  Keep us posted!!! ❤💞

Oh Wow Hoggy. Thank you! I feel the say way as you do about family. I am going in with my eyes wide open this time. I had my heart shattered by my daughters so many times however. I will always love them no matter what.I do feel my youngest and I can repair our relationship, the oldest , not so sure.🌞😁

• Members
2 hours ago, Rio said:

You sound in such a better mood today. Good for you

Thanks Rio. I am! Things are looking up!🌞😁

• Members
5 hours ago, MonishaS said:

So very happy to hear this news!!!  Hope everything works out wonderful for both of you!

Thank you so much Monisha! Fingers are crossed🤞.🌞😁

• Members
8 hours ago, juliesjoy said:

Good luck with that 😵‍💫

Thank you so much Julies🌞😁

• Thanks 1

• Members
14 hours ago, Lovecake said:

Thank you so much Lovecake.Thank you for your prayers!🌞😁

• Like 1