Official Community Forums Home

Birthday Traditions

Guest Edge

Who has an annual birthday tradition that's carried out on or for their spouse?

Now, I'm not so much concerned with the dinner and a movie thing, but rather what's happening to make his or her sparks fly to celebrate the special day.

We can talk about wedding anniversary traditions too if you have them.

Let's hear your stories, please!

Edge

• Members

mine is pretty weak...and this was before my "transformation".. but it would be oral.... i would suck him....see i would only do this a couple of times a YEAR... yes i said year....

things have changed.....i think this year he has gotten more times then all the year s put together (14 years)....

Well, we change it up every year. So there's really not "one" specific thing that we do for either birthday.

The only thing that I do try and do, is either buy a personalized cake, or make one for his b-day. When we were first together, hubby told me that he hadn't had a birthday cake since he was about 18 yrs old. He usually just had a party, but cake wasn't involved. Crazy, right? So, the first b-day of his, I got this HUGE cake of his favorite flavors, from a grocer's bakery, and had 2 Jeeps on it (we were into 4-wheelin' with our Jeeps), with his name and HAPPY BIRTHDAY on it. He LOVED it. It showed a personal touch. So, if I can't afford the $25 or so for a cake, I make sure to bake one for him.

• Members

Always cook one of his favorite meals for his birthday dinner and usually around that time gets biscuits and gravy for breakfast (his absolute favorite food). He is not that in to cake so I usually make cheesecake of apple pie.

Most of the time we spend the night at a hotel and have what we call "hotel sex". Just a different place, no responsibilities (clean up your own mess, etc) just 24 hours of food and fun :) My birthday is coming up soon...I can't wait

• Members

My husband's birthday and mine are on the same day, so we always make sure to pretty much say "to heck with everyone else" for the day. :) We don't answer our phones. We stay off the computer. And we head to the beach for a very relaxing, sunny rest.

We're always touching one another, either sexually or not, but when we have a no-responsibilities, just-us, feel-good, sunny day like this, it's a great way to connect and be close.