Official Community Forums Home

Toy Boxes ?

• Members

Hello, I was reading CGEM's question about sticky toys (wonderful question) but if got me thinking. What does everyone use as a toybox? We would need something we could put a lock on so the grandkids would not get into it. Would not want them seeing anything I am planning on buying :o .

• Members

Well, Mikayla and I used to put them in clear, plastic containers under the bed UNTIL our son decided to show one of his friends mommies "massagers." Since he was only 5, we figured we should step it up. We bought hard, wooden, LOCKABLE boxes that fit under the bed. We had to sort out our favorite toys and put them in the basement, and only keep the creme under our bed. She got the boxes at an Army Navy store, I think. Now our toys are safe and secure from wandering hands and eyes!

Well, I have a really big clearish box with a white lid. I have a 4 yr old, but she really doesn't get into anything. She's really good about that. Plus, the box is under my antique vanity, and I also have a basket, and some pouches containing some toys in it, so you can't see what's inside. I also put the vanity's bench infront of the box too, for added "cover".

• Members

I'm telling you, no lids or covers will work unless they are equipped with locks. Same goes with hiding the box etc. I remember when I was a kid, no place in or out the house remained unexplored. Every single corner got carefully inspected. That's how little boys are - it trains us to find the sensitive spots on woman's body at older age.

• Members

We have a hope chest we keep our toys in. It's pretty and fits in the bedroom nicely. There's plenty of room for expanding our collection and even though we don't have human kids yet (ours all have four legs :)), it has a lock on it for when we do.

• Members

i bought a silver cd box from a music store with a combination lock...fits right under the bed...we just happen to have to buy the larger one didnt think we were going to be adding to our collection..but we cant stop..lol

What I really want, is to get one of those college trunks, that have the locks, and the removable shelf in them. I have always loved those. Heavy duty, stylish, and with a lock......hmmmm, may have to go shopping in a couple of weeks (no hurry really right now).

• Members

The company I rep for has a really nice looking toy box that I've been considering purchasing, though I may need two - the dimensions are 9 3/4" length, 5" width, 4 1/4" depth. I have not purchased one because I was afraid they'd look cheap, or just not be sturdy; however, a customer ordered one last week (she's in the process of moving, and doesn't want her family to see her new stash of toys!) - I told her after it arrived that she may very well not get it! I just may have to order one for myself when I place my orders for parties this weekend!

• Members

Thank you all,

I told dh that we need a toy box for all of the toys and things I want to try and I showed him your reply's and he told me to leave the toy box up to him. He loves playing out in his work shop with all of his tools so i will have to let you all know what he comes up with. I just hope that he makes it BIG toy box :)

sexyganny

• 4 months later...
  • Members

The company I rep for has a really nice looking toy box that I've been considering purchasing, though I may need two - the dimensions are 9 3/4" length, 5" width, 4 1/4" depth. >>

Violet,

I know this is an old post, but can you say what company this box comes from or provide a link to a picture?