Official Community Forums Home

? Husband Mentioned An Interest In Anal Sex ?

This is my first time posting anything like this, so I feel a little dirty.

My husband and I have been married for only a few months. A few weeks ago he mentioned to me that he would like to try anal sex. I am not sure. I have talked to friends that have loved it, and I have also heard horror stories. I am kind of afraid of the pain that may be involved.

-- I would like to know from you all, is there anything to be afraid of?

-- Any serious pain involved?

-- Are there any tricks to it?

-- What kind of products would you recommend?

-- Are there any serious risks (I am sure that you have all heard the urban myths)?

And how do I get over these nerves? When/if I decide to fulfill this desire of my husband's I want it to be pleasurable for him. I dont want him to see me gritting my teeth expecting the worst... he wouldnt be able to enjoy himself.

Thank you!

• Members

WECLOME to the forum! Please do NOT feel dirty, this is a place for adults to come and ask questions and get answers! No one is dirty here!

First, I would suggest you read my article on Everything Anal. It will give you safe ways to begin, what "anal laws" to abide by, ways to protect yourself from injury and how enjoyable anal sex can be. Read that for the best answers I could give you. The one thing to remember is, ANAL SEX SHOULD NEVER HURT!!!!

To answer your questions directly:

There is nothing to be AFRAID of, but I can understand your apprehension. The anal canal is not designed for insertion, so the idea of having something UP there is daunting, but it is not scary at all, once you do it.

There shoud NEVER, EVER be serious pain - EVER! There is a modicum of discomfort in the beginning, but it is nothing more than a slight stretching feeling. It should last only a few seconds, then you should feel more relaxed and the pleasure center begins to notice. If there is pain involved, then something is wrong!

Yes, there are tricks to it. Go SLOW, USE LUBE - lots and lots of lube. Ease into it. Try toys or fingers FIRST, then ease into bigger toys or his cock. GO SLOW, SLOW, SLOW and get yourself all into it slowly and easily.

For recommended products, see my article - it is very thorough from my point of view. The number 1 essential item is LUBE!!! Get a good, anal lube!

There are risks to having anal sex - but if you do it right, there will NOT be any issues. You could tear your anal lining, you could get an STD (you should know if your hubby is STD free) and you could cause some bleeding issues. Those are all the real issues - the others you should not worry about as long as your hubby takes his time and doesn't rush you.

the nerves are up to you. I have always believed that being educated on ANYTHING can make you more secure, and less nervous, so again, read up - both here on your thread, and the articles!

Welcome to the anal crowd and I am sure others will weigh in as well!

• Members

Oh honey there is no reason to feel dirty at all. This is a wonderful place with wonderful people that will help in any way they can.

I tryed anal sex for the first time not long ago. Something that my dh had been trying to get me to do for years. At first I was very worried as you are but the more I relaxed the more I was able to enjoy myself. My advice would be go very slow, use lots of lube, lots of foreplay and try to relax. Please listen to Mikayla and Howard they know what they are talking about! :)

sexyganny

• Members

When I first made the decision to try anal with my husband it didn't go well try as he might I was not relaxed enough, there was not enough lube, he was going way to fast!!!!!! until I talked to a good friend of mine who gave me the most wonderful advice take it slow and easy use lots of lube and be in charge!! the first time I woke him up so he was half asleep and didn't realize what was happening with him barely awake I was able to take hold and insert him without the pressure!! we enjoy it alot now but I always insert him at my own pace or we stop because going to fast hurts like hell!! take it slow and try to just enjoy each other I highly recommend finger play and taking charge!!!