Official Community Forums Home

Attraction To Someone Other Then Spouse

• Members

Ok so has anyone ever had an intense physical attraction other then your spouse?? I mean I know it's wrong but I can't help it. I have never cheated on my husband and don't plan to. I feel guilty but I just can't help it. Opnions?????

• Members

So where and when do you see this guy?

My suggestion is to stay the hell away. DO NOT put yourself in the way of temptation.

If he's a friend of your dh, then make sure you aren't around when he comes around.

If he's a co-worker, then make yourself busy and fake your not interested until you ARE NOT interested.

If he's giving you cocky grins, then politely grin and walk away.

You said you feel guilty? Then you know that the feelings you're having aren't right. I have been in your shoes and this is the way I've had to handle it.

• Members

None of us are blind and there are always options......

but unless you have an open marriage you need to heed the warnings your body is giving you.

Everything in life is a choice and you may regret the outcome if you're not careful.

• Members

He is just someone I see from time to time around the neighborhood. I have NO intention of cheating or taking it ANYWHERE. It is just kind of fun ya know. Nice to be desired after 4 kids and "normal" all the time. I was just wondering if anyone else had been in this position. I mean I know guys look and flirt and it's "accepted". Wondering what women think/feel if there was a man looking and flirting at them.

Well, first, get your head out of the "It's ok for a man to do it, but not a woman" way of thinking. We are human. There are going to be people that we are attracted to in one way or another, sometimes inexplicably so, but, yes, men AND women go thru that. I have, and I love my hubby. But, I am alive, have a pulse, and have eyes. I look. I know my husband looks too. Do I act on them? No.

Yes, it's flattering when a man looks at me, and gives me an appreciative smile, glance, or wink. Who doesn't like to feel attractive to a different person?

I may get flamed for this, but I have my fire gear on, and an extinguisher handy, so I am ready! :P

Running for cover may encourage that man to try and make more of an effort, or he may get the hint. He probably likes seeing your reaction to him. An ego boost for the both of you. If it were me, I would just smile non-chalantly when you see that man, nod, and go on your way. You've stated that you have no intention of going any further with him than just a smile now and again. Go with it, have fun, go home, and have your way with your hubby with your self-esteem boost. Your hubby can benifit from this too.

And, yes, people fantasize about other people while making love and masturbating. That's also natural. Having fantasies is also natural. Choosing to act upon them is YOUR choice. I would not tell your hubby that you're thinking of someone else when this happens. You can try to make that stranger's face turn into your hubby's in your fantasies. Or share a fantasy with him, and ask him to help you carry it out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I was just in this position myself. My first love and I were chatting on the internet and he invited me over to his hotel. He is married with 4 kids and has already cheated on his wife of 13 years. You know what? I didn't go, even though I wanted to, because he was the best boyfriend and lover that I ever had. I felt the excitement of the possibility, but definitely a lot of guilt. My experience is, don't give in.

• Like 1

• Members

nole, that is HIGHLY commendable, congrats on keeping your marriage vows and making a good decision in my opinion.