Official Community Forums Home

Hello !

clynn20

• Members

I am a married mother of two and my husband would most likely hate that I am joining in on discussions or asking questions on this site. My mother is more open about her sex life than any of my friends, however I don't want to discuss certain details or ask certain questions with her. I have ordered my first sex toy hoping to liven things up a bit. I'll have to let you guys know what happens.

• Members

My daughter and I have started talking about sex--especially HER sex life. In fact, I encouraged her to come here so she could get answers she didn't feel comfortable asking me. It has been a huge help to both of us, I think. It is very strange, and sometimes uncomfortable, to discuss some of these things with my daughter, but I am glad we have the kind of relationship that she feels she can ask.

This is a great place to be, and to learn. Good luck!

• Members

I am always amazed at how naive some women or men can be about sex - or about seeking out answers about sex. Sex is no different than any other leisure activity we have. Men would have no problem asking a buddy about how to curve the golf ball into the 7th hole by the sand trap, but ask their buddy if they have any good SEX tips - NO WAY. Similarly, while we women might talk about sex, we rarely feel comfortable discussing sexual issues with our friends, cause that would mean THEY would think we have a sex problem. Noone wants to admit that!

I am glad you all are here - and I hope that the knowledge you gain will be a benefit to your marriages and relationships - that is what Too TImid is for!

• 1 month later...
  • Members
My daughter and I have started talking about sex--especially HER sex life. In fact, I encouraged her to come here so she could get answers she didn't feel comfortable asking me. It has been a huge help to both of us, I think. It is very strange, and sometimes uncomfortable, to discuss some of these things with my daughter, but I am glad we have the kind of relationship that she feels she can ask.

This is a great place to be, and to learn. Good luck!

Its great that your able to have that kind of realtionship with your daughter. Ive started to tell my stepmom a few thigns, but leave out details and my friends have told me they would NEVER tell their moms such things. so, props to you and being able to talk with your daughter :)

• Members

Thank you so much, MystryKitten. I have never had the kind of relationship with my mom that would allow questions. In fact, my mother sat down the day before my wedding and said, "Well, since you're a nurse, I figure you know more about sex than I do, but do you have any questions." I had lots of questions, but couldn't have voiced them to her for anything.

I have worked very hard to have the kind of relationship with my kids that I never had with my mom. My 17 year old frequently tells me that her friends can't believe the things she tells me, because they would never be able to tell their mothers. I believe it's something you have to truly want, and be willing to work at.

Anyway, thanks for your comment. It means a lot.