Official Community Forums Home

Question

lynnzerben

• Members

I was watching C.S.I. the other day. It was the episode where Lady Heather first appears. For those who don't watch the show, Lady Heather owns/runs and Dom/Sub house. Anyways it got me wondering, if a person has a gag in their mouth, How can they say the safe word?? Do they use sign language? What if their tied up to? Is it just unsafe, or is there a way around it?

So may questions, and they say TV kills brain cells.

• Members

That is a good question. Well, I know from experience that when you are bound AND gagged there has to be a non-verbal signal. What my guy and I used was fast blinking - like continual so he would notice. IF you trust your DOM, then he or she will watch for the signs.

I would caution anyone who MAY be thinking of this practice (ball gags and the like) to be really, really comfortable with your DOM, cause it is a more advanced type of bondage and it can be really scary!

• Members

Hello,

My dh and I saw that C.S.I. also and he said he would like to try some light bondage. Nothing like they had on the show. We may give it a try. I'm a little worried about it because i don't like the feeling of being held down. So I'm not sure if I will be able to do this for him :(

• Members

sexygranny --

I'm not sure if it will help any, but I recently wrote a personal review for the Tie the Knot restraint kit. I, too, was interested in, but uncomfortable with the idea of being tied down. It can be a very scary thing, not having that control!

This kit was very UNintimidating. This was something my husband never asked me to do, but I could tell it was something he really wanted to do. It took us a long time (many, many, many months) for me to be able to have all four restraints PLUS the blindfold on, but I finally did it and we BOTH enjoyed it (as well as the journey getting there ;) ).

If you read the review and want to talk, feel free to give me a PM. I'm by NO MEANS an expert (*laughs at herself*), but I'd be more than happy to gab with you about your thoughts and my experience. :)

Here's the link to the review:

http://forums.tootimid.com/index.php?showtopic=3008

• Members

Thank you Howard and Valntyn,

Valntyn, I read your review and I like how you and your husband started out slowly and worked your way up to all four restraints and the blindfold. I am going to have my husband read it also. I will be sending you a PM I can use all the help I can get :)

Howard , Thanks for the great advice. I have not read Mikayla's article yet but I will. Yes, baby steps is what we will have to do. I do like the idea of having the restraints on but not tied to anything . Wow I may be able to do this after all.

sexygranny