Official Community Forums Home

Butterfly Vibe Finger Ring

Lapage248

Because I am an avid masturbator I was intrigued by the Butterfly Vibe Finger Ring. However what ever excitement I had about trying out this toy quickly disappeared when I tried to make it work. The bullet that came with the finger ring is very small and made out of some sort of cheap plastic. It came with three of those small watch batteries, however it was hard to determine if the batteries went into the bullet plus side down or plus side up. It took me about 40 minutes to get the bullet to even work. Unfortunately the bullet stopped working about 2 minutes into my use. It wasn't the batteries that died, I checked them just to make sure, I am pretty sure it had to so with the internal wiring of the bullet. Clearly I would not recommend the bullet that comes with this toy, however the sleeve is nice. I like that the little antennas vibrate independently and which did feel really great on my clit. The finger ring of the sleeve is not awkwardly placed so you can play around freely without readjusting the sleeve on your finger. Overall if you are looking for a nice sleeve and bullet I wouldn't get this one just because the bullet is not as dependable or easy to use as it should be.

• Members

? was the bullet one of the tiny wireless kind? i ordered a cock ring with a dolphin sleeve on it that came with one of those tiny little cordless bullets and the watch batteries (from a home party, not this website). it just stunk! i was, however, able to use lube and slide a regular silver bullet into the sleeve with more success. maybe you could try that. hate that the toy wasn't what you were looking for. :(

Unfortunately, those things happen with anything electronic. Contact Meg, and she can send you a replacement to retry.

Thankfully, a lot of sleeves can be used on different vibrators, or, if you have a toy with the same type of bullet, you can just switch it to the other one that works. But, you're right, if you're looking for something new that doesn't work, then it's best to get something that will.

Thanks for the info! I had been looking at this item myself.

• Members

ElleElle, could you please post the link and the picture of this toy, so we know which one this review refers to? Thanks! Sorry it didn't work for you!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

gk11077main.jpg

I too received this product for inspection - and admittedly, left it until now to review based on ElleElle's review. Plus, it didn't look that stimulating to me. I sort of think that sleeves with bullets can be a waste - why cover the part that delivers the vibrations?

Well, I found that there was good and no-so-good with this vibe. I did not have any trouble with the batteries. I have had so much experience with these little bullets that I know that batteries almost always go positive + side up - and this one was no exception to my expectation. I got in the batteries (which are included) and did note that the bullet is made of a cheap plastic. It notes that the toy is waterproof -so I assumed that the bullet should not be as cheaply made as it looked.

The butterfly sleeve is cute. The vibe slides in the butterfly, and your finger goes in the ring on the underside of the butterfly. The bullet is operated by a button on the end - press and play. The vibe is a middle-grade vibe - decent vibrations not super strong. There are 7 different levels and patterns of vibrations - I prefered the high, plain vibe.

The idea is that the little butterfly antennaes vibrate and tintilate your "parts." While they do vibrate, I think that there are better stimulators out there. They felt nice on my body, they did tickle a bit, but for ME, it was no where strong enough. I ended up just using the bullet and going directly for clitoral stimulation - that delivered my orgasm.

I suppose this product would be best for newbies who are looking for a really, really non-intimidating toy! For those women - right on - for the more experienced, look for something stronger. So in this reviewers opinion, the butterfly didn't quite fly with me!

Check it out.

• Members

Ahh, thanks for posting a review for this, Mikayla! I've still been wondering what toy this was supposed to be.

From the looks of it, it's a darling little toy, one that I'd want to try -- but it sounds like it wouldn't do much for me either, so I guess I'll pass.

Good honest review -- thanks again!

• Members

Thank you Mikayla for posting a review on this product I had so many questions regarding this product once I read the original review. Thank you they are all answered now.

ElleElle I am sorry to hear that you had no luck at all with it.