Official Community Forums Home

Give Me The Finger

elizabeth

• Members

se9510-12-2main.jpg

Do you remember when, on Christmas morning, you would open the present from your great aunt, stare at it for 15 minutes, and say "Oh Aunt Katie, thank you so much for this... um... thing! It's the nicest... object made out of... stuff that I've ever had. I've always wanted a whatsit! You're so thoughtful!!!!" Then, of course, you'd run into the other room, show it to your mother or your sister and ask, quietly, "Do you have any idea what on earth this thing is?" and the two of you would stare at it baffled, spin it in all directions, and attempt to make something up. That was sort of my reaction when I opened my newest box of sex toys and pulled out the Remote Royal Gauntlet. Now that I've figured out what it is, I think it's actually pretty darn cool, but my initial reaction to the product was "Why did they send me a grill lighter? Or maybe it's a stingray. Is a stingray a sex toy? I want to go on a vacation to the sea!!!"

The Royal Gauntlet is, essentially, a hands free vibrator. The vibrating motor is attached to the index finger of a silicone glove that fits around your palm, leaving your other four fingers and thumb free. It says "one size fits most," and I believe it. I have relatively large hands for a woman, and there was room to spare. The extra space, however, didn't make using it awkward or uncomfortable, so it would also be fine for people with small hands. The glove fits on your right hand, and is light and comfortable; although the battery pack is large enough that it makes it difficult to bend your wrist back. Fortunately, that's not a type of motion you would normally need while using a toy like this, so it's not a big sacrifice.

Don't be intimidated by the fact that the package has 14 batteries in it, you only need to use seven to get the Royal Gauntlet to work… the other seven are spares. Spares you'll probably be quite thankful for since the watch batteries and camera batteries it uses can be slightly more expensive than your standard Cs or AAs. One of them is for the remote, whose purpose I don't entirely understand. This isn't really an "action at a distance" toy, and the battery pack on the glove itself is more than large enough to also hold the single control button present on the remote. I, personally, think it would be a bit creepy for someone to make my hand buzz from across the room, but its possible that other people's mileage may vary. One particularly nice feature about the design of the Royal Gauntlet is that there is an On/Off switch on the glove and as well as the button on the remote. This is one toy that won't turn itself on by accident at an inopportune moment. Unfortunately, it also a toy that sometimes won't turn on intentionally when you want it to. My Gauntlet only responded to the remote control about one third of the time, and sometimes did so with enough of a delay that it seemed to be possessed (Yes, I know what you're thinking. This is, in fact, the perfect sex toy for anyone who fetishized Thing on The Addams Family.)

The vibrations the Royal Gauntlet puts out are quite impressive. Apparently six watch batteries pack an awful lot of punch. There's a setting for everyone in the seven that come with the device: three constant vibration settings ranging from a gentle purr to a very strong buzz, and four intermittent vibration settings with a range of intensities and frequencies. There is a lot of good orgasm potential in this toy, both for yourself and for your partner. In fact, the packaging bills the Royal Gauntlet as "designed for incredible foreplay and to increase sexual awareness," both things at which it would succeed admirably. Either a man or a woman could have a great deal of fun using this toy while exploring the body of their lover. It's worth noting, however, that I, personally, would be hesitant to use it as an insertion toy without wearing an additional glove over the top of the Gauntlet. Although it's probably an illusion, the texture of the silicone makes it feel like it would be difficult to keep clean.

In summary, I really like the concept of this toy. It's quite a bit of fun to add vibration to your manual stimulation without having to hold on to a toy. You can touch your lover, or yourself, the way you normally would, but add a bit of extra *zing* to the experience. It's quite a unique sex toy, and one that could easily be used to put some spice in the bedroom. The inconsistency of the remote, however, is disappointing, and with the large number of unusual batteries that it takes, I suspect that many people will relegate it to the back of the drawer after they've gone through the first set and the spares. Although it would be a shame to give up having this far more interesting version of the big foam finger to use at your favorite championship bedroom events…

• Members

Nice review and entertaining writing! That first paragraph about the stingray had me in stitches! lol.

Very good review, and funny too! I love humor!

• Members

I'm sorry but I have no fingers to spare...they are all quite busy at this time. Peace 12GAUGE

• Members

great review i see this but thought naw i will pass so you have given me tht extra push :) funny review