Official Community Forums Home

But Everybody's Doing It....

Amylynn920

• Members

My husband and I were discussing anal sex last night. We incorporate it regularly into our lovemaking, and he was saying that he read that there are only 30% or less of heterosexual couples that bring anal into regular play during sex.

It got me to wondering is this true? I know I have a few g/f's that say "no way" "uh uh" and such, and I feel like maybe I am the odd duck out that truly likes it.

It can't be that uncommon of a thing that only a small few are enjoying? Can it?

I was just curious if there are any statistics on heterosexual couples that enjoy anal sex.

I think the number is much higher than 30%.

• Members

Just curious: Where did your husband read this? And, remember, that is probably just ONE poll. I think the number probably is higher, also. Plus, there is still that stigma for some people about anal, so many people may not admit it!

We haven't done it totally, yet. We're still working on it being comfortable. Just fingers for now. And it has only been in the last 8 months or so that he has let me use fingers there on him, too! It's progress!! :D

• Members

Thank you both for your input. Hollywood, I don't know where he read it, he's a trivia font :lol:

But I do know in discussing with my g/f's they are all saying "no way" and this is a large sampling.

We know what we do is normal for us. It just got us to thinking. Not many people are willing to discuss their private sex lives. But when us girls get together we talk about alot of things.

Fingers are a great way to start. With us, I was just out of my mind with lust after a regular sex session and asked him to do it, and he obliged. If you relax and use alot of lube you'll be ok. Stop if it hurts, it should be pleasurable.

My husband I don't think would like any kind of anal stuff for him, but that's ok. It's whatever he is comfortable with.

I know I love it, and I don't worry about taboo, or anything like that. If it feels good I just do it :P

• Members

my wife likes have her anus stimulated but not really penetrated, and she has given me the flat "no way" when it comes to me penetrating her. She says I am much too thick for her to ever give that a try. I will progressively work to get bigger anal toys back there with her and I am cool with her using some on me. What ever gives us pleasure and is just between us is okay with me.

as for if only 30% are regular practicioners of anal, maybe. I have several friends both men and women who didn't care for it. It was nothing so out of this world extraordinary for them they needed it regularly, but if they ever wanted to do something different, that was an option.

• Members

Aiden, you say your husband doesn't like anal play on him. Have you tried? Mine said the same. Then one night after he had been using fingers on me during oral, I gave him oral and tried my fingers on him, and he nearly went through the roof! He just thought he didn't like it because he had never had anyone do that to him! Now, I wouldn't say we always do it, but probably about half the time, and we have discussed trying anal toys. I would LOVE to get him the 'Aneros,' but it's nearly $100! Ouch!

I guess the point is, we get more and more comfortable the longer we are together. Eventually we will be into who knows what!

I think lots of people, men and women, are not going to be truely honest about what they do and have done. Therefore, it doesn't surprise me that you are hearing a lot of "hell no"s. And, you have to admit, it is a pretty embarrassing subject! (even if it shouldn't be)

• Members

Those so-called statistics are hardly reliable. Maybe 30% of the few hundred or so that they asked. Then there are the stigma or taboo crowd who either do not or would never admit it if they did. IMO they are off by at least 15-20%. I've had more lovers that did than not, now there's a proper control group. I wasn't being paid to do that research so it is truly unbiased!

• Members

In just the years I have been married to Mik, we have found out that many of our friends are having anal sex on a semi-regular basis. I admit, I was not into getting or giving anal when we first got together. I was told that was 'bad' and disgusting and wrong - and boy was THAT wrong information. I think that anal sex is great for both the man and the woman (gosh, did I say that outloud?)

30% for 'regular' sex would imply what, if a typical married couple has sex 1 time a week, that every other week they are having anal? I think that number might be OK for those couples, but if you are like Mik and me and have sex more frequently, and have anal every 2-3 times well, then the number would go up right?

• Members

30% for 'regular' sex would imply what, if a typical married couple has sex 1 time a week, that every other week they are having anal?

Not being a smart-ass here MM but 30% is more like 1 out of every 3-4 times. At a rate of 1 encounter per week for 52 weeks would be like 15.6 anal encounters and 36.4 other flavors! Sorry but had to point it out!

• Members
Not being a smart-ass here MM but 30% is more like 1 out of every 3-4 times. At a rate of 1 encounter per week for 52 weeks would be like 15.6 anal encounters and 36.4 other flavors! Sorry but had to point it out!

I know I enjoy it, in fact my wife and I bought a strap on last weekend locally with a gift certificate her sister gave us for christmas and she fucked me for two hours with it. It was great. In fact I gonna get her to try doing it again this weekend but it her turn too.