Official Community Forums Home

Internet Dating Sites

its1013

• Members

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone had any luck with internet dating sites? This is new to me. I signed up for 3 and so far BUPKISS! The sites, I think, are discouraging to the "good men", too. A few really nice/nice looking guys will "wink", "flirt", whatever the site term is and won't respond back to my response. OR, I keep getting freaks and guys outside of my race despite completing succinct profiles.

Are these sites just for loosers and freaks?

Any thoughts out there?

Thx, - sexualpeak

• Members

I know some "friend of a friend" type acquaintances that have had luck with both Yahoo personals and eHarmony.com

However... what I have heard best responses to is just being out there. Are you a member of any special interest boards? Like are you into gaming? or any particular reading genre? The internet is a wonderful way to connect, but I offer a word of caution too. When you meet someone, make sure you spend some time getting to know them, and whe/if you decide to meet in person, do so in a very public place.

~the laundry goddess

• Members

Thanks Laundry Goddess. My interests are in the arts but it attracts weird, whimpy men - people if you're artistic and not weird and whimy, don't take offense. This has just been my luck so far. But I'll give your suggestion some thought and see what's out there. By the by, what does OPL stand for? I see that alot. If you're laughing, you'll laugh harder at this: my bass player had to tell me what M.I.L.F. meant!

I know, I've been too long in a cave!

Later,

sexaualpeak

• Members

My gf loves the court tv programs. One of the major things that is seen about net romance is how many men/women are conned into loaning money or relocating a worthless partner. Most quit their jobs, borrow money or con them into co-signing loans. Be VERY careful there. BTW, I think OPL Temptress listed their site in her introduction. It will tell you what the OPL is about!

• Members
Thanks Laundry Goddess. I'll give your suggestion some thought and see what's out there. By the by, what does OPL stand for? I see that alot.

OPL stands for Our Poly Life, the name of our website. www.OurPolyLife.org It's an ongoing chronicle of our alternative family.

~TLG

• Members

I have signed up on a couple of dating sites. Pappy is right. You have to be VERY careful. There are people on these sites who will do or say anything to get what they want. I don't get a lot of responses to flirts or messages I send, but I think being out there is important. I don't know that dating sites work for everyone. But maybe you could be friends with those of another race, and it would help you know what to say to someone you really are interested in. Just a thought.

• Members

Not to be mean or anything but don't you think you may be limiting your chances there? You may not want to date outside of your race and that is your choice. But I doubt any of us would say that we have too many friends!

• Members

I've tried various dating sites in the last few years. I didn't have much luck until I went on singlesnet.com. I met one guy from there and have a friendship with another. I'm now on passion.com. It's sexually based website but I have had more emails, flirts and contacts from there. The better you describe yourself and what you're looking for, the more likely you are to get the type of partner you're looking for. I've refined mine many times.

You might want to try passion.com or singelsnet.com. If you do, let me know what your experience is like. Good luck.

• Members

I've tried various dating sites in the last few years. I didn't have much luck until I went on singlesnet.com. I met one guy from there and have a friendship with another. I'm now on passion.com. It's sexually based website but I have had more emails, flirts and contacts from there. The better you describe yourself and what you're looking for, the more likely you are to get the type of partner you're looking for. I've refined mine many times.

You might want to try passion.com or singelsnet.com. If you do, let me know what your experience is like. Good luck.

Thanks timidgal,

singlesnet.com isn't working. But I'll keep looking and will try the other.

• Members

My gf loves the court tv programs. One of the major things that is seen about net romance is how many men/women are conned into loaning money or relocating a worthless partner. Most quit their jobs, borrow money or con them into co-signing loans. Be VERY careful there. BTW, I think OPL Temptress listed their site in her introduction. It will tell you what the OPL is about!

Thanks.

• Members

My wife and I met through match.com about six years ago, and we've been married for two now. I've never asked her what her experience was on the site, but I know I revised my profile at least a dozen times in the three months I was a member. I don't think the "wink" concept existed then, but I don't imagine it's likely to garner much response. Having pictures posted helps a lot. I sent upwards of 30 initial e-mails, and spent a lot of time composing them, identifying things we may have in common based on our profiles, and probably fewer than 30% responded. I met six women through the site before I found the "right" one.

A friend of mine who's getting married in May also met his fiance through match.com. He already had been married and divorced, and has two children. The sites seem to have a lot of people involved, and it shouldn't be too difficult to meet people if you identify profiles where there's likely to be a match, and put some thought into your initial contact e-mail.

And meeting in a public place is a must. Most of the women I met at malls or restaurants, but two did give me their home address, which I felt was a little awkward for both of us.

• Members

My BF and I met on Adult Friend Finder :P We talked online and over the phone for about 4 months before meeting in person (tomorrow is actually the 2 year anniversary of that day) We've been very happy together since then, we have MUCH in common...sexually and so many other things. He's my best friend, the best lover I've ever had (by a long shot) and as much as the word annoys me, I believe he's my soulmate...the man I've been looking for my entire life.

He is the only man I met & became involved with online...I got lucky on the first shot, lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

My boyfriend and I met through craigslist. I put an ad up when I was having a not so good day. Yes I did find some real winners out there, but I did find one terrific one. We talked online for about a month before we met. Then we met in a public place and have realized how much we have in common. We love and trust each other completely and just take it one day at a time. It has been about 2 1/2 months now since we started talking.

The laundrymat is a great place to meet guys. Just take some bedding there, like your comforter/bedspread, even if you have a washer/dryer. I've also had success at the car dealerships, and auto parts store (when I was single!).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Hi Everyone,

Has anyone had any luck with internet dating sites? This is new to me. I signed up for 3 and so far BUPKISS! The sites, I think, are discouraging to the "good men", too. A few really nice/nice looking guys will "wink", "flirt", whatever the site term is and won't respond back to my response. OR, I keep getting freaks and guys outside of my race despite completing succinct profiles.

Are these sites just for loosers and freaks?

Any thoughts out there?

Thx, - sexualpeak

I havent found any dating sites where there is any one of substance, i've been told its better to join groups with activities, it hasnt worked for me so far though

• Members

Thanks Big Red and thanks to everyone who has responded. So far my endeavors on these sites is with zero good results. Guess it was a bad idea. I've taken myself off of all but one. There was one guy who was interested in me that I really liked but I haven't heard back from him. Oh well.

"Getting out there" is hard for me. The industry I work in is full of parties and functions but I won't date in my industry. Too close for comfort. Besides, to be honest, I don't like "suits". I like "manly" men.

Maybe one day I'll find that special someone.

Thanks again y'all.

OXO

Manly men? Well, darlin', you're in rodeo country just like I am! Go to a rodeo or 2!! Lots of cowboys out there still lookin' for a good woman. Or, go out to a few of the country bars. Yes, you can find love in a bar, though you have to be careful, of course. Hell, I found my hubby at a "cowboy bar"!! Yes, really!!!

And, IMO, nothing is more "manly" than a guy that knows how to handle a horse, and a truck (and has a great ass in jeans!!)!!

• Members

I was married for 17 years, we met at a bar! It was 1979 at the end of the Disco Era.

Anyway,, thats a long story, I do think you can meet someone on Match.com or something, if your in your 20s or 30s, but its just harder to find quality people over 40 anywhere!

Most men that are over 40 and single, are single for a reason :(

• Members

If you haven't signed up already, I'd suggest OkCupid. It's a pretty fun little site even if you don't meet anyone -- I signed up just for the quizzes! It has thousands of questions submitted by users; you answer as few or as many as you want. Then you get to pick what answer(s) your ideal match would choose, and rate how important each individual question is to you. The site chooses your matches based on that, so basically, YOU decide what you think is most important in a partner instead of the site deciding for you.

So far it has been pleasantly free of perverts (the bad, annoying kind ;) ) and to my surprise, even though I wasn't looking for anyone, I DID find someone, hah! He was one of my top 10 matches and we are getting along fantastic so far, so I guess it just goes to show that the site's matching system is top notch.

• Members

I have had success on passion.com. I've a couple of nice guys and some jerks there but I recently found my knight in shining armor!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you find someone soon!!! It makes life so much more interesting and fun when you have someone to share it with. ;)