Official Community Forums Home

New To Toys

cutie66

• Members

I'm very new to the toys and when I was browsing around the site I knew right away I wanted a dual action. But I am totally lost on what to get, so i was hoping someone could help me.

Here's my scenario:

1. I live in the dorms, which mean thin walls, and next year I'm getting an apartment with a friend and the place we are going to live in has thin walls too. So I want one thats not soo loud when its turned on ya know? On a scale of 1-5, 5 being the loudest I want the toy to be at he most a 3 on its highest vibration.

2. I guess you can say I have a pretty small body frame and don't want anything too big or too small maybe 5"-6" in insert size would be good.

3. I want the material to be easy to clean (and how would I clean it), it uses water-based lube, and I don't have to replace it every six months or something.

4. Perferrably with a remote too.

I did a a lot of research into this because I really want my first buy to be a good one, and I don't want to spend a lot of money on it just in case the toy dissapoints, maybe no more than $35-40. I was looking at the Ultimate Pearl Beaded Rabbit Vibrator and I saw the reviews on that, but I'm still quite unsure about it can anyone help? If that toys a good buy or if theres another toy that would meet my standards.

Thanks a Bunch

• 9 months later...
  • Members
I'm very new to the toys and when I was browsing around the site I knew right away I wanted a dual action. But I am totally lost on what to get, so i was hoping someone could help me.

Here's my scenario:

1. I live in the dorms, which mean thin walls, and next year I'm getting an apartment with a friend and the place we are going to live in has thin walls too. So I want one thats not soo loud when its turned on ya know? On a scale of 1-5, 5 being the loudest I want the toy to be at he most a 3 on its highest vibration.

2. I guess you can say I have a pretty small body frame and don't want anything too big or too small maybe 5"-6" in insert size would be good.

3. I want the material to be easy to clean (and how would I clean it), it uses water-based lube, and I don't have to replace it every six months or something.

4. Perferrably with a remote too.

I did a a lot of research into this because I really want my first buy to be a good one, and I don't want to spend a lot of money on it just in case the toy dissapoints, maybe no more than $35-40. I was looking at the Ultimate Pearl Beaded Rabbit Vibrator and I saw the reviews on that, but I'm still quite unsure about it can anyone help? If that toys a good buy or if theres another toy that would meet my standards.

Thanks a Bunch

WOW I find it hard to believe mine is your first response. No doubt you've bought your first toy already. In any case I would recommend the BEYOND 2000QXS by Pipedream Products. It has the clit stimulator with its own motor. I don't have a clit but sometimes I like to flutter it around my rosebud. The shaft rotates and I love the spinning beads near the base. They spin back and forth or in either direction. I love the spinning beads at the entrance of my brownie...it reminds me kinda of a rimjob. Which I love!! I got mine at the local sex shop. It was $90 but with my 30% off coupon it was more like $65. It works with silicone or waterbase lube (I use both). I just put in 4 fresh AA batts. I would have to say with both motors going its a 3 or 4 on the noise scale on top of a bed. Inside of you AND under the covers could bring that down to a 3+-. Close your door and turn on a tv or FM radio to mask the noise and the "hum" factor drops to a 2. This puppy has that 6 inches you need. I don't know if you're straight or bi. If your bi or open to it perhaps you could request a bi or lesbian roomie...then sex toy noise would'nt be a concern for you. When the batteries are near dead noise is not a problem. It is EZ to clean with warm soapy water and washcloth. It doesn't have a remote. I recently read a review praising the clitoral toy "Jonis Butterfly". This woman luvs this toy sooooo much she wears it under her clothes at work and out and about. According to her she is one VERY happy and CONTENTED woman. We should all be so happy....

• Members

You can probably get a rabbit for that, look at this one.

Bath Time Bunny

There are a bunch more in your $ range, so check out the rabbit section of the vibrators.

Since you are new to toys, I would suggest something without a remote. Many toys with remotes can't be used if you loose the remote. Plus, many remotes take odd sized batteries, like watch or even small camera batteries. I have had a couple with remotes too, and, personally, like the ones with the dials right on the toy. Less to have to keep track of! :)

I have dual actions ranging from $20-150. Many have great features, and some are just ho-hum. Sometimes you get what you pay for, especially with sex toys. It also depends on the company that produces the toys. The great thing about TooTimid, is, no matter what it is, there's a year guarantee on the sex toys they sell! I've had to use their guarantee 3 times, and each time was quick & easy. One toy was just a total bomb and they quit carrying it. Just be sure to keep your reciept (which has all the toy's info, and shipping stuff too). Plus, it proves you got it with them.

The Bathtime Bunny is a great starter dual action, inexpensive, and it works. Plus, it's waterproof, easy to clean, and has a dial on the bottom! If "bunnies" aren't your thing, there are dual actions similar to that with flowers, birds, and even dolphins on them as the clit stimulators.

Most toys, if you turn on your stereo or tv, even low, others won't hear it. Plus, when a toy is inside you, it muffles the sound even more, since the motors are usually INSIDE the toy. Usually, people don't listen for a whirring sound of a sex toy anyway, and may think you're using some sort of small tool, like a nail buffer, or not even pay much attention to it anyway. I like go gauge many toys by the sound with it under covers, and with a door shut. My doors are just cheap hollow wood panel-type doors, so if you can't hear the toy well thru that, then chances are, it won't be heard anywhere!! LOL

It's GREAT that you know what you want! I think that the Bathtime Bunny, or something like that would be great! I also LOVE LOVE LOVE the Thumbillina. It's great, purple, easy to use slide controllers, and boy that sucker works!! Though it's a bit louder than the BB.

I know you have already done so, but, check out the reviews for toys that you are interested in ON THE FORUM. The Sex Toy Review Forum (alll forums do) has a keyword search box at the bottom of the page, which you can try to find specific toys. Yes, the reviews on the shopping pages are there, and helpful, however, we are limited by a 2000 character limit (which includes spacing), and therefore, we can get more specific on the forum itself.

Sex toys can be lots of fun, and most of us will tell you that it can take a while to find THE toy that works for us all the time. Thankfully, again, TooTimid comes to the rescue! They also have a guarantee that if you don't like an item, you can exchange it for something else (no refunds though, sorry). Here's a rundown of their policies, copied from their guarantee page:

"1 Year Sex Toy Guarantee & Return Policy

We know selecting the right product can be difficult. We want you to have the peace-of-mind that if you don't like the product when you get it, in a worst case scenario, you may return it to pick something else out.

For up to one year, if it breaks, we will replace it

If the product is defective and breaks, we will be happy to replace it for you, for up to 1 year after the purchase date.

If you do not like what you bought, we will let you pick something else out

If you receive your order and are simply not satisfied with the product, you may return it to us within 30 days to receive a store credit. Since all returns are disposed of, we are not able to issue any refunds to your credit card. Please see details below. You must return the item in its original packaging.

Details

We will guarantee the item against defects for 1 year after the purchase date. If the item is defective, simply mail the item with its original packaging back to us. Upon our receipt of the merchandise, we will send a replacement to you. Please remember, to issue a replacement item, the defective merchandise must be in its original packaging with your original invoice. We will replace any defective merchandise for up to 1 year after the delivery date. Books, DVDs and dolls have a 30 day guarantee against defects. Our guarantee does not provide protection for items that have not been properly maintained. If we do not have the same item in-stock, we reserve the right to ship you a similar item of the same value."

I hope this helps!!