Official Community Forums Home

Ways To Prevent The Itch After Shave

Bugs0825

• Members

Hey guys,

I was just wondering if anyone had tips on how to prevent itching after a guy shaves. My wife shaves and hates hair. I have enough for both of us :D and thought that I would surprise her for V-Day ( along with some other stuff ). I did shave a few years ago but the itch drove me crazy and I could not stand it. I really wanna do this for many reasons that others have posted here but mostly for her. Maybe this will help me with my other post. ;)

Bugs

• Members

The itch goes away the more you shave... I never itch anymore. If you're new to it, I recommend an after-shave lotion. Soothes, and softens the skin, and can be re-applied as the itch occurs. Favorites are 1) l'Occitane Cade after shave balm and 2) Anthony after shave soother. Both are available through better skincare departments in department stores, or online.

Good luck, that itch is awful... but this too will pass.

• Members

How about for women? I shaved Saturday from fully grown to bare then shaved again Tuesday. I will probably shave again tomorrow (as hubby is not working, YAY!) I have looked for an aftershave balm but they are all for males. In the UK we have nothing for the ladies in that department, ignorance I suppose. I think I will buy some aloe vera lotion and see how I get on. I want to stay shaved as hubby really likes it ;)

• Members

While not a "sexpert," I'll chime in on this one. I've been shaving for about two years now and have found that the best way to do it is with a regular disposable razor, in a warm shower. I used to go through the trouble of shaving lotion, etc., but I've found that the simplest way, at least for me, is to use lathered-up soap, much like my wife does with her legs. The "itching" is something that took about a week to get used to but now, it's become part of my routine, and I shave nearly on a daily basis. To sooth the irritation, I simply use body lotion on the affected parts immediately after showering, and I haven't itched for a long, long, time. You get used to it, if you can overcome the first week or two. Hang in there!

• Members

For the new shavers, whose bodies/skin are not used to the trauma... lotion is vital... Use a guys product... It's fine.

The marketing departments of the maker of those lotions are missing out on a big segment of the market. I bet they catch on soon...

• Members

Thanks guys for all the input. My wife had a tooth yanked Thursday morning so that kinda killed my plans for v-day night. I will get out and pick up some of the after shave and start hacking soon.

Thanks again,

Bugs

I would also recommend that you use some sort of moisturizing shaving lotion, or, like I use, some moisturizing hair conditioner to shave with. It sounds like you may have dry skin, which can be caused by shaving.

Best wishes!

• Members

ok its done

Not too bad yet. Got the shave lotion and it works pretty good. I also got some Gold Bond extra strength body powder. One little tip on that....Watch the back door with the tingling stuff. WOW thats weird. tingled for an hour. LOL

Took some pics with the phone to send her while i'm working tomorrow :rolleyes:

WARNING Object in phone look larger without hair. LOL :D

Bugs

• Members

I just shaved for the first time as well. I did not tell him at all that I was doing it. Well I just sent him pics of me being completely shaved. Mind you I forgot he was having a conference call at 11. Well I sent it to him about 10:45. In the title I told him to open when he was alone, because there are always people in and out of his office. Well he opened it during the conference call and dropped the phone. So when he picked the phone up someone asked him if he was alright...he was like ya I am fine....if they only knew. He called me as soon as the call was done. I wasn't paying attention to the caller id...all I hear is oh my god....sweet. Needless to say he loves it.

I said to him...well I am guessing you like it. He was like no let me correct you I love it.