Official Community Forums Home

Suggested Lube

rosamaba

• Members

Well I think the topic description and title says it all....

If you use scilicone lube- which i prefer for its long lasting abilities-during vaginal sex as well- with my guy who is rather large, doesn;t it break down a condom?

Or am i wrong? Lookign for any suggestions. I am not new to anal but relativley new to anal lube and condom...

Thanks

Yes, silicone lubes stay slicker, longer than water-based. And, yes, you are correct, silicone lubes WILL break down condom material, as well as silicone toys, and some rubber ones as well. There ARE silicone lubes out there that have been specially designed for total usage, but they also specifically state that they are "condom compatible", or something similar.

Astroglide (the regular water-based stuff) is really good, and stays slick pretty well.

There's also Eros Light Love BodyGlide, which is latex compatible silicone lube.

The TooTimid Pleasure Gel is water-based, and has the consistency of say, K-Y jelly, but not as "gloppy".

There are more out there on the market, that aren't offered here (yet) too. Just be careful to read the box, to make sure that it's either "latex or condom compatible".

Best wishes!

• Members

I would go the Astroglide route, it seems to me to be the longest lasting lube for anal with a condom. Also, you may want to look into Lambskin condoms, I am not sure if they break down with silicone lubes or not, you can look on the box!

Astrodlide X was just added to the site, and it's latex compatible, and a silicone lube too!

• Members

To me, the best natural lube is saliva. However, you have to be engaged orally to make that work. I find that if I am really giving her some serious head for a while, I also make her quite wet. At the same time, I love to lick her ass, make my tongue firm and rigid, and push it in her ass. After a little while of doing this, we are usually well lubed with saliva and pussy juice. Between the two, it is not hard to get her asshole lubed and ready to fuck....

• Members
To me, the best natural lube is saliva. However, you have to be engaged orally to make that work. I find that if I am really giving her some serious head for a while, I also make her quite wet. At the same time, I love to lick her ass, make my tongue firm and rigid, and push it in her ass. After a little while of doing this, we are usually well lubed with saliva and pussy juice. Between the two, it is not hard to get her asshole lubed and ready to fuck....

\I had a grreat experince the other night where this came true, I was going down on her and just pressing my finger against her anus but not trying to penetrate. It sent her so far over the edge she gushed juice and pushed her pelvic area against my mouth. This caused my finger to slip all the way in. As she contracted, the more inside I went and the more she gushed. She didn't even know I was in her ass. I had to stop so I could get my finger lubed, it didnt feel like she needed any but I was concerned it would start to hurt and I didn't want to break the rules. Better to be safe then sorry. Normally I would not recommend it cause the more lube the better.

Glenn

• Members
Well I think the topic description and title says it all....

If you use scilicone lube- which i prefer for its long lasting abilities-during vaginal sex as well- with my guy who is rather large, doesn;t it break down a condom?

Or am i wrong? Lookign for any suggestions. I am not new to anal but relativley new to anal lube and condom...

Thanks

From a chemist's point of view, water, silicone, and oil based materials don't like to mix with each other, but readily mix (sometimes dissolve) materials of the same type - oil based lubes break down rubber condoms, silicone lubes break down silicone dildos, etc. Always making certain your lube is of a different type than the condom or toy should prevent problems.

Glenn

ps Rubber and most plastics are easily damaged by oils/petroleum jelly. Most silicones will be damaged by silicone lubricants. Many so called silicone toys aren't silicone - check on a small area of a toy before starting to play with lubricants in earnest.

• Members
From a chemist's point of view, water, silicone, and oil based materials don't like to mix with each other, but readily mix (sometimes dissolve) materials of the same type - oil based lubes break down rubber condoms, silicone lubes break down silicone dildos, etc. Always making certain your lube is of a different type than the condom or toy should prevent problems.

Glenn

ps Rubber and most plastics are easily damaged by oils/petroleum jelly. Most silicones will be damaged by silicone lubricants. Many so called silicone toys aren't silicone - check on a small area of a toy before starting to play with lubricants in earnest.

Thanks Glenn!

Gee there two of us

Glenn

• Members
I would go the Astroglide route, it seems to me to be the longest lasting lube for anal with a condom. Also, you may want to look into Lambskin condoms, I am not sure if they break down with silicone lubes or not, you can look on the box!

Being monogamous for a long time, we've not used condoms for years.. but we did use them a fair bit in the past, and when we switched locations from front to back door, the condoms usually stayed in place. Lambskin condoms feel most natural, and work well with every lube we've tried, including petroleum jelly. Astroglide is our favorite anal lube, though, and works with any condom, latex or natural.

• Members

Short of washing them with clorox between uses (and yes, I am joking) no lube will break down lambskin. It's a form of leather (basically a protein network) so isn't soluble in anything that doesn't attack proteins.

Any lube attacking protiens would be rather hard on our nether regions so they tend to stick to safer substances to lubricate intimate interaction.

Glenn