Official Community Forums Home

Darn Flu

mailahn97

• Members

Hi all, is anyone else getting hit with the flu that apparently is not covered by the shot. Thankfully I have not gotten it but it sucks. You see My SO was out of town for 3 weeks....1 for business and 2 to visit his parents in Florida. We got together the day after he got back and that whole day he was complaining of being hot and cold and just not feeling himself. That next morning it hit him bad. He had nightsweats to the point of the bed being soaked, fever, aches...including his scalp hurt to touch. He was out of work 2 days and sick all through Easter weekend. Good Friday I talked him into going to the doctors but there was no way he could drive himself. The doctor told him he had the flu...he was baffled he had a shot. The doctor proceeded to tell him the strain he has was not included in the shot and a lot of people are getting it. Here is the kicker the doctor said it could take 2-4 weeks to completely get rid of. I asked the doctor if he was insane....he didn't like me saying that. Well this past Friday he ended up not making it to work again and spent the whole weekend in bed. Today he started with fevers again, but forced himself into work.

I feel so bad for him...all he keeps doing is apologizing to me because he doesn't want to get to close and give it to me. I feel so bad for him. He has a very active sex drive and he said to me that he hasn't had the urge in about a week which is not like him at all. His mind is always in the gutter.

I am just so frustrated for him. He said that he wishes he could go to sleep and just wake up the next morning and finally be better.

• Members

Our thoughts are with him and you. It sucks to hear that he had the other shot which I don't know if there are others but to get the flu after the preventive measures is the shits. I just gained a large measure of respect for your SO for not being a big baby (some guys are) and wanting to shield you from the misery that he is going through!

I'm sorry he's sick, but this happens more often than not. The shot doesn't prevent all strains of the flu, it's usually the one strain from last year, or the one that they "THINK" will be the major hitter for that year. I hope he gets better very soon.

• Members

i'm sorry he is sick. but I only recommend for elderly people to get the flu shot.

I got one for 3 yrs and I was WAY more sick then I had ever been SO I take my chances (the last 15 yrs).

I hope he gets better..but I have heard this goes on for 3-4 weeks

• Members

Pappy thanks. He is really great about that. My ex was horrible when he was sick it was like the world ended. My new one he felt bad for work because he had a new assistant starting and didn't want him starting and not be there. He very rarely even complains about it. What the doctor explained is the shots are planned ahead for what CDC decides will be the strain or strains that may hit the worst. Well they screwed it up this year.

Tyger thanks I am hoping the same thing

Shy I have not had a shot in at least 15 years. I laugh because most people I know get the shot and are sick within a week or so or get really sick with the flu that winter. It has been at least 10 years since I have been that sick. The worst I might get is a cold or sore throat which doesn't last long. I live by Arborne (sp). Especially with a 5 year old around everything comes home.

I just talked to him a little bit ago he is in bed since he got home from work and said he is moving until tomorrow for work. He feels so bad but I keep telling him don't worry we have plenty of time. He can be so stubborn at times...even when he is sick.

Thanks all I just wanted to make sure I wasn't losing my mind and that others heard this as well.

• Members

Well now two and a half weeks later. He is finally starting to feel like himself. He is still fatigued but that is getting better. Hopefully it will only get better from here. It is driving him nuts being sick like this. He said to me last night he knows for sure he was sick because most of the time sex and food were completely unappealing for him. With sex being unappealing to him I know something is wrong, normally that is the first thing on his mind all the time, but I am not complaining. So he is starting to get frisky so to say again so hopefully soon he will be completely better.

• Members

Hey. I just got over the flu myself not that long ago. My dad got Pnemonia, it turned out it was the flu. So bad that he needed to wear a mask but he figured oh well they all have it. And so now, both brothers, myself, mom, one's girlfriend, and Dad all got hit with it. We were drinking Nyquill, Theraflu which is disgusting, and Airborn by the bucketful. I never get sick, so this one totally sucked nuts. My boyfriend was told in no uncertain terms, do not, come see me please. I'm glad your man's on the mend, mine's like that about making sure I don't get sick. I just find creative ways of saying how much i miss him, which makes it easier for him to make me pay for my sins when he's better,lol. Talk soon,

Siobhan

• Members

Well he takes the train back and forth to work so I met him at the train station and surprised him. He was very happy to see me. We sat for a little while in each others arms and played a little. I talked to him today he is really starting to feel better. We are making plans for a special night this week as he keeps saying he wants to make it up to me. I explained to him that crap happens. He feels bad even though I have told him over and over not to feel bad. I am just glad that it is just about over. Thank you again everyone.