Official Community Forums Home

I'm Glad To Have Found This Adult Community

MsLiz

• Members

Hello everyone!

What a great find, the Too Timid store and community.

This is the first community I've ever been involved with and I'm looking forward to learning and sharing. I also want to apologize up front if I do something wrong while replying or whatever. It seems sort of overwhelming as a newbie to figure out what all the buttons are for and how to use them. I have managed to make myself a blog page, so that's exciting! I'm not sure what all I will post there though. I guess it will grow and evolve like I'm doing now!

I haven't done too much snooping around yet, but I am interested in knowing whether there are any other members in my "Boomer" age range on this site? Actually, I know there are a few in their 40's because I saw a few as I scanned the membership pages. Being that all my friends are going through a mid-life sexual re-awakening we seem to have issues which are different from the under 40 crowd. Some of the issues involved are, we are rarin' to go but our same age partners are starting loose interest (if not actual ability, oh no!!!). Then of course we have a few hormonal issues which are not the same as what the younger gals on here might have. Ours has to do with dryness & hot flashes, or mood swings, dating younger men?;getting our older men to try something new--or try something at all! :huh: While the under 40 women are dealing with dating & sex in general, as well as maybe pms, birth control, etc.

I imagine some of us with "elders wisdom" might be able to add a bit to the mix here. But rather than thinking I have much too offer, I am really looking forward to hearing what the young members among us have to say. I expect that those younger wilder & more liberated (than me) members will keep me young in my attitudes & ideas, getting me thinking outside the box....no pun intended :D

So, if there is already a specific area where members over 40 can chat about these topics? If not, would the administrators be open to starting one?

• Members

Welcome, MsRandi! I am always grateful to see another over 40 person here. I look forward to getting to know you, and to learning from the experiences you are willing to share.

• Members

Welcome and enjoy.

• Members

I'm a late 40's bloomer...and I'm also in the "always horny" group without much of the other symptoms. I also have a hubby who's - shall we say - lagging behind a bit....he thinks I'm a nympho! (not really - but man I could jump him at any time - just thinking about it gets me wet!) I'm re-learning how to get him hot and up though....really been fun! Also learning how to give good head - mmmmm - yummy!

So - I'm always wanting to hear from others and learn/share/etc. Glad you joined!

• Members

Welcome to TooTimid!

I'm sure Rob will add your suggestion to his list of "Possible Future Forum Additions." :) He's pretty good about taking care of us & if there's enough interest, you might see it added! (Mind you, I'm not speaking for him. *chuckle*) We've had several new forum areas added lately in response to requests... so you never know!

It's great to have you with us & I look forward to future posts from you!

• Members

Hi MsRandi~

Don't give up hope! I just turned 48, and my SO is five years older, and he CAN keep up with me~they are out there, you just need to keep looking! I dated for a couple years before I found my sweetie. When he and I found each other and started talking, it was almost spooky. We where so 'in tune' right from the start, Something I had never expierienced with the man I was married to for 28 years. We knew from the moment we met that this was what we where both missing and needed. He swears that we have met sometime, years ago, before this, but if we did, we haven't figured out where. (yet) We never lived in the same place as one another, or been involved in the same activities. I understand how he feels, though. As soon as I met him, I felt I 'knew' him. I trusted him instinctivly, and was totally comfortable with him. I knew I was safe.

At 48, I am happier then I have ever been, and learning so much from him, and all the people here.

Everybody here on tootimid is helpful and friendly. It is a great place to learn and make friends. You will like it here, welcome! Contact me whenever you like, I'd enjoy that. Shelly

• Members

Welcome to the forum. You are in good company here. The ages may differ but we are all here to learn and to help others do the same. There is a lot of great info here in this area and in the sex education tab at the top left of your page. I'm not real sure how many of us keep up with the blog area though. I know I don't unless a poster asks us to go there to see a specific something. My gf and I were born 11 days apart. Though things to change it isn't anything major nor anything that has sent the other running, yet! Hope to see more posts from you here!

• Members

Hey there! Welcome! Another one in the same boat.......I feel like I have recently woken up from a long, dull, duty filled limbo and now I am ready to freakin' fly! Unfortunately the old man is not on the same page.....Aw well....we still find ways to carry on! Lots of good ideas and people here. Looking forward to hearing from you. B)

• Members

Hey there! Welcome! Another one in the same boat.......I feel like I have recently woken up from a long, dull, duty filled limbo and now I am ready to freakin' fly! Unfortunately the old man is not quite on the same page.....Aw well....we still find ways to carry on! Lots of good ideas and people here. Looking forward to hearing from you. B)

• Members

'Vintage' sounds so much better, but, yeah, our generation is well represented here!

• Members

Wait a second I'm only 18! But I do have 23 years of experience!

We're glad you found us too!! Welcome aboard, and I hope you find some useful stuff, insight, and are having great SEX!!!!

• Members

I am part of the younger crowd, but have come to realize that age is just a number. My SO is 47 and can run circles around the younger ones.

• Members

Oooops! This entry is a mistake. Don't know how I created it. Please see the next one.

(Now you can see why I'm so proud of having gotten the blog up and running )

This community allows me to learn & grow in lots of areas!

• Members

Thanks everyone for all the encouragement & warm welcome! It's nice to know there are so many others who are boomers too. I appreciate you making yourselves known. I'm excited about participating through both the forum topics and blog area (I'm so proud of myself for figuring out how to set up a blog for the first time....harder than I thought, but I'm not computer savvy in any way).

Thanks to all of you for helping me on my mission to shake up my life on many different levels. The entire Too Timid community is a real blessing.

Oh, and as for my having any of the physical menopausal problems, not yet thank God. I'm sure my day is coming sooner than I'd like. Some of my gal pals are beginning to go through it, and I know they would love to have a place to learn/share resources. They are going through the mid-life hornies yet have to contend with the negative aspects (needing lube all the time, moodiness, hot flashes & night sweats, etc.)

I look forward to fully participating in all aspects of the community while learning and sharing.

Blessings to you all.

• Members

littletornado...don't ya just loooove living in nj <_< hehe...i can not wait to get out of here, the only thing keeping me here is that fact that my son is only 10, and his time is split between my house and his fathers. so when hes old enough to make his own decision, we will be moving.

• Members

angel - I agree this state sucks. The cost of things such as insurance is the worst. My daughter is only 5. I have debated moving but the same thing with her father as well. I am in southern nj not sure what part you are in.