Official Community Forums Home

Impulse Hypersonic Vibe

Mikayla1

• Members

SE2129-11-2main.jpg

This little vibe is certainly full of BIG surprises! Normally, I am a little hesitant to try new mini-vibes because I already have a few favorites, so I'll admit I was a bit lackluster about trying this vibe - but am I sorry I prejudged! My hubby and I used this toy last night at part of our 'reviewing duties' but ended up LOVING every second of play with this toy - and it made an appearance during our foreplay, oral sex AND intercourse - it was 'the main course' so to speak.

Anyway, this little 4 1/2 inch long and 1/2 inch wide mini vibe is made of hard plastic (which sometimes can be an issue), it has two interchangeable heads - one with pleasure ribs and a unique bulbous top, and one that is clearly made for G-spot stimulation with a slight finger curve at the top. It requires 3AA batteries and works by pressing little buttons on the base - one side for pulsation option, the other side for strenght of vibration. It is easy to use, but I will caution that because the vibe is so small and you have to hold it at the base it is easy to switch the speed / pulsation without meaning to - which CAN be a big and happy surprise!

when I took this vibe out of its packaging and put in the batteries I was totally unimpressed with the strength of the vibrations. I showed my hubby who took it in his hand and then told me, "oh baby, you are wrong this will be a fun toy!" Well, OK, if he thought it would be fun, I wasn't gonna argue. What I found out later was he held the vibe with his hand completely closed and felt the vibrations on his wedding ring - he knew then that his was a strong vibe. I think it has to do with the 'hypersonic' quality - this means that the vibrations resonate from inside and sort of compound themselves. It is very unique!

So imagine my delight and surprise when during a rousing bout of oral sex my hubby begins placing this toy slowly in and out of me - it was the most wild sensation. He used the very tip to stimulate my clit - and it was very nice, and then teased my insides with the toy. All he had to do was insert it and hold it still and the hypersonic vibes did the rest - vibrating me from the inside out. Now, I will say that when used clitorally I have had more powerful, but for some reason this vibe was more intense - I still can't wrap my mind around why, but I do not care. When he changed tips to the G-Spot tip it literally only took a minute or less for me to start gushing! This toy is the perfect length for G-spot stim, and since it is hard plastic you get the hard rubbing you need! It was FANTASTIC!

After my countless orgasms I decided my hubby needed some oral attention too - and so I went to town on him with my mouth. Then I got the vibe and changed the tip back to the ribbed one. Girls, let me tell you, he went NUTS when I placed this vibe by HIS NUTS! He was moaning and groaning. I teased him up and down and all over and then placed the tip on his MDP and he almost came! We had to stop his play and move on to intercourse! Let me now say that this vibe is slim enough to fit nicely between you and your man during sex! We just spread my legs, put the toy down there and my hubby and the toy brought me to more orgasms than I can remember! It was that good!

I recommend this toy to ANYONE interested in a unique and intense orgasmic experience! I am not sure who enjoyed this item more - me or my hubby - but that is the brilliance of it, both partners can use it. Now, while I still say this is not the most powerful vibe I have, it is definitely one of the most intense. This is a great item for foreplay or sex with a partner. I think it would also be great for masturbation - for either man or woman! So, be impulsive, try the hypersonic vibe NOW - and always remember, don't knock it till you've tried it!

Go HYPERSONIC

• Members

Sounds wonderful!! I may have to investigate this one some more!

• Members

SE2129-11-2main.jpg

“Two heads are better than one.” Isn’t that how the saying goes? Well then, this little vibe is gonna make most happy. With two interchangeable heads, five different levels of vibe strength AND five different patterns of vibration, the Impulse HyperSonic Vibe is a fun vibe. And, with its candy-red colored plastic, it’s pretty to look at, too.

When my husband and I opened the package, cleaned it up, put in new batteries, then pre-tested the strength of the vibes, we thought it was going to be a wild ride. Unfortunately, though, this vibe was a frustrating dud of an experience.

One head has ribs up and down its shaft -- thrusting in and out of me, these felt pretty good, though not too noticeable. We tried holding it in different positions, using it just on my clit, using it with a tongue-lashing from my husband, me holding it... the vibrations just weren’t all that strong and I was pretty much just laying there, waiting for hubby to toss the darn thing aside. But... a reviewer must persevere... so we switched heads on the toy.

With the g-spot head attached securely (make sure you hear two snaps to be sure it’s in place), my husband “went to work” again. Though I haven’t yet hit that ever elusive g-spot orgasm, I get closer each time we try and I can at least feel when the right place is being rubbed. I could feel the curved tip of the attachment find its true and proper home... I could almost feel the vibes... so I shifted this way every so slightly... hubby added more attention to my clit with his tongue... but still nothing from the toy. It ended up tossed aside while we forged on by ourselves. Fortunately, we were quite able to salvage the situation!

I like California Exotics. I like other Impulse toys so far. But this one wasn’t worth the frustration it put us through, sorry to say. I hate writing a bad review because I know everyone has different tastes and needs, but from me, that’s all I can give this vibe.

• Members

Hey Val, isn't it funny how two people can have two totally different experiences with a toy? Love the review. Question though, did you use it on your hubby? Try it one more time on his MDP during a blowjob...worth a shot, right??? ;)

• Members
Hey Val, isn't it funny how two people can have two totally different experiences with a toy? Love the review. Question though, did you use it on your hubby? Try it one more time on his MDP during a blowjob...worth a shot, right??? ;)

It's definitely worth a shot, yes! :) We were just so frustrated after trying and trying to use it, we didn't even want to look at it again. We almost (almost!) didn't even have sex -- eek! We didn't throw it away, though. It's still here, so something must've told me it was worth keeping for some reason... *chuckle*

With all the reviews I've written, I've only ever written very, very few negative ones... even if an item doesn't work for me, I'm sure it'll work for someone else (unless it's a COMPLETE disaster, haha). I agonize over those when writing them, too. Hopefully we'll try it on Thurisas soon and I'll have a "positive edit" to add to my review. ;)

Thanks!

SE2129-11-2main.jpg

I just love the California Exotics Impulse line of toys! I have several, and love all the options on them. This one is an i5, so there are 5 vibe settings & 5 levels of intensity to choose from. With all of the settings, you have a total combination of 125 different vibes & patters. Left 2 buttons control the intensity, the right controls the patterns of vibes. I also love the colors that they choose for these Impulse toys. This one’s a nice red color, and the probes match perfectly.

With this toy, you get 2 for the price of one! 2 you ask? Yes. This toy has 2 hard plastic inter-changeable heads. Just twist off and pull to unplug and do the reverse to plug it back in. You can feel 2 thump kind of clicks to make sure it’s locked & loaded, ready to go. One head is a ribbed shaft, bulbous headed probe, and the other is a smooth, slim, g-spot probe. On mine, the g-spot probe was a bit harder to get clicked in, but I finally did it.

Sliding the back off of the base, insert 3 AA batteries from your stock, and 2 up, one down, snap back the cover, and yes, we have pow-ah! And what pow-ah we have! At first, just hearing this toy, I was like, uhhhh, that’s kinda loud. And feeling the tip of the toy, didn’t feel overly strong, but then I grasped the toy fully in my hand, and you can feel the vibes very strongly, which is why it’s called “hypersonic”. Deceptively strong, I was very excited to try it out, cuz I am a gal that LOVES the strong vibes!

This toy is NOT waterproof, but cleaning the probes was simple. Unplug, wash with warm water and soap, and let thoroughly dry before plugging in. Since this is hard plastic, it’s got hardly any odor whatsoever, which is wonderful!

“Heading” off to be bedroom for some solo fun, I warm myself up with some light touching with the ribbed vibe, and I was getting excited by the powerful vibes. Rubbing it against my clit felt wonderful, and really get me feelin’ tingly. It wasn’t as full-feeling as I like, so, I twist that off, and try for the g-spot. This is where I ran into a problem. As I was trying to thrust with my preferred setting of vibes and intensity, where the buttons are right there on the top, and the base is small, I kept hitting the buttons, and loosing my “groove”. I came close a few times, then the vibes switched up on me due to my wandering digits, and, well, I lost it. Trying again later, I had the same problem.

So, where it felt good, it wasn’t as fantastic as I was hoping. This is great as a teaser, but for me, not great for a closer! I may have better luck when hubby comes home from his shift, and is able to hold on to the sides better. I give this item 3.5 paws up.

Which Head Will Be Your Favorite?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

The closest you might ever get to masturbating while thinking about Deep Sea Fishing is the Impulse Hypersonic Vibrator. By sending deep pulsations and vibrations down to the bottom of the sea, aka your naughty spot, a girl can only dream to resurface long enough to catch her breath.

While this toy can cause daydreaming about hunky fisherman helping you masturbate with a proper rod, this toy is NOT waterproof. Be sure to fully let it dry before you insert batteries, 3 AAs. Toy wipes are useful for toys like these with so many crevices to clean.

With your hypersonic rod, you have the option of 5 sets of vibrations, pulsations and escalations. It's 4.5 inches and with a diameter of half an inch which I guarentee you that anyone would be comfortable slipping into them. However, don't be so quick to assume that if its slender, it might not be enough for you. Sometimes slender toys can be phenomenal by allowing you the freedom to wiggle it around at your hearts desire.

Aside from the multiple hypersonic vibrations, pulsations and escalations you get two heads with this rod. Now any girl loves a choice, and I can't tell you how much I loved having these options. I started out with the ribbed bulbed rod first. I didn't really like the way this one felt inserted. However, I tend to not like ribbed features unless they are wider and more spread out. If you like ribbed condoms, you'd probably like this feature. After I got warmed up, I turned off the toy and detached the first attachment by pulling it out of the socket. If you have ever had a walkman or stereo its the same kind of plug you use for your headphones. I put on the second attachment that has a slender head with a curved tip, designed for g-spot stimulation. This one worked great for me because of how smooth it was and easy to cup over my clit. It also was easy to insert and slide back and forth.

Also, this is by no means a quiet toy. Although it only uses 3 AA's, I found it to be a pretty loud toy and had to turn on background music. But the toy was pretty comfortable to hold and was not heavy.

While a girl does love her choices, this was not my choice toy. Its a great toy to warm up with. But I wanted a little more. This is a personal preference and I think this toy is a great for beginners or anyone who wants a slender toy with a nice array of vibrations. Plus, you can't go wrong having a toy that has variety for quick and easy change ups. Variety is the spice of life!

Need some Deep Sea exploration? Click HERE

SE2129-11-2main.jpg

• Members
It's definitely worth a shot, yes! :) We were just so frustrated after trying and trying to use it, we didn't even want to look at it again. We almost (almost!) didn't even have sex -- eek! We didn't throw it away, though. It's still here, so something must've told me it was worth keeping for some reason... *chuckle*

With all the reviews I've written, I've only ever written very, very few negative ones... even if an item doesn't work for me, I'm sure it'll work for someone else (unless it's a COMPLETE disaster, haha). I agonize over those when writing them, too. Hopefully we'll try it on Thurisas soon and I'll have a "positive edit" to add to my review. ;)

Thanks!

Valntyn, this sound like a really great toy. Maybe you should try it again, alone, and see what happens. what do you have to loose.