Official Community Forums Home

Razor Burn

• Members

I have issues with my "bikini area" I shave 2 times a week and can't get rid of razor burn and ingrown hairs, I use a mens razor because it's the only one sharp enough and I'll be ok down there for about 2 days and then it just itches and burns like crazy, so much so that I have to wear "boy shorts" so the my underwear line doesn't irritate it.

I've tried different shaving products and so far the best thing I've found to shave with is using conditioner as a base (it's softens the hair) And I use a product called bikini zone on my skin after I'm done it has benzocaine in it which just helps to dull the pain. But I'm smooth and soft for only 2 days!

I've also tried Nair, same effect! I've also tried waxing :blink: YEEEOUCH!!! :blink: No thanks Anything short of lazer or electrolosis I'm willing to try. That list also includes tweezing, not gonna happen! Anyway, if anyone has any sort of advice, I'm open to any and all suggestion. I'd let it grow and keep it trimmed, but that just grosses me and my hubby out! Please help!

Much luv,

Blake

• Members

OK...sounds odd, but I use Magic Shaving Powder for Black Men's faces. Now, don't get after me for not being "politically correct" but thats what it SAYS on the canister. You mix it up with water to form a paste and use it like Nair. I tried the premixed cream in a tube, but it doesn't work as good as the powder does. You can get it at almost any drug store, Walmart, Kmart, whereever and its inexpensive....$1.50 at Walmart. I like that it doesn't sting like most hair removal stuff either and no ingrown hairs (dam, those suckers HURT)

• Members

I used to get ingrown hairs until I had a friend tell me to put unscented deoderant on the shaved area (not in the vagina - never in the 'gina) after I shave. Since then, I have had less frequent regrowth, it has been softer, easier to shave, and NO INGROWN HAIRS!

Good luck - I try the brazillian wax about once every 6 months - YYYYEEEOOOOUUUCCCHHHHHHHIIIEEE!

Mikayla :lol:

I used to get ingrown hairs until I had a friend tell me to put unscented deoderant on the shaved area (not in the vagina - never in the 'gina) after I shave. Since then, I have had less frequent regrowth, it has been softer, easier to shave, and NO INGROWN HAIRS!

Good luck - I try the brazillian wax about once every 6 months - YYYYEEEOOOOUUUCCCHHHHHHHIIIEEE!

Mikayla :lol:

• Members

Not too long ago(maybe a month) I got one of those vibrating razors from Gilette and tried it out. My face felt great so I decided to go below the belt. I never, EVER shave if I am rushed, and I always shave in the shower. I ran the water got it nice and hot, let my skin adjust, then lather and came the moment of truth. It was some of the cleanest shaving I have ever had. It took the hair right away, and not a single problem. Now I have been shaving my stuff since Jr High and I went to school several times with pain and irritation not to mention the ingrown hairs. I have not had one problem and I have to do maintenance on them even less with this razor. I am sold people.

Now, just to let you know, I am by no means an expert but if you are interested in shaving, I recommend some time, hot water, shaving lotion(I use my wifes leg gel) and a good new blade. Keep the water nice and warm, close the door to keep the heat and moisture in(it will relax the skin and stop from pulling the hairs and causing them to bleed) and makes shaving smoother. Take your time and clean the head of the razor often. If you need to trim first, do so on the lowest setting of your trimmers. Go slow and guys, shave the taint, it gets wicked smooth and feels wonderful when your lady licks or sucks on it!

• Members

Thanks everyone soo much! I'm going to go "nether regions" shopping this weekend, I'll give you a report next week on what I find! woohoo smooth skin!

Whenever I do "maintenance" down there, I always make it the last thing i do in the shower just so that my skin will get much softer and make it easier to shave, I think i'm gonna try the "black mens shaving stuff" first, it almost sounds too good to be true!

By the way Mikayla, I've been using the deoderant stick for the last two days, and you're right, it does help soften the hairs! Excellent, I now have 3 new ways to keep my man and me happy and without pain in the shower and or bedroom! Maybe I'll try the brazilian wax after I've had a baby.........we'll see : )

Why don't we learn this stuff in sex ed? It's always by trial and painful error!UGH! anyways, happy week to all and hopefully a happy week for me too!

Thanks again,

Blake

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I recently read the Jenna J. Autobiography and she mentioned that she used Neosporin after shaving to reduce red bumps and such...I tried it right away and have been since, a few weeks later and I still have had no problems since! Try it! :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I have also used neosporin after shaving, and I use baby oil sometimes too. Only problem I have with baby oil is that it tends to burn if I let it get on the inside of my vagina. I have to be really careful but it smells so sweet, especially the cocoa butter baby oil, and is so soft afterward. I am leary about using the Black Magic as I used to date a black guy and he said it would burn white peoples skin because it was not formulated for us, and I that is an area that I really don't want to burn.