Official Community Forums Home

"benefits" Cancelled

• Members

I have been in a relationship with a 'friend with benefits'. We were friends first, then realized we both enjoyed sex quite a bit. We've had a great time so far. He moves around due to his job but always comes back to home base in my area. Just yesterday he called and said he wouldn't be coming back...he's decided to take a full time position at the company. So now my lover is gone. it is very hard to meet men being a stay-at-home-mom--most of my friends are married with kids. I don't get out much for the same reason..my daughter. Plus my age is also a factor. Has anyone had any GOOD experiences with dating on-line? I'm scared to death because all of the bad press but really want a companion and some SEX. I'm wearing out my toys...and there is nothing like the real thing. Please help!!sad-smiley-8121.gif

• Members

i met my hubby online.. however, either one of us were looking for anything. we were chat buddies for a few months, then we became more like friends, and then something more. this whole process took about a year. it wasent so easy for us to meet up simply because he was in norway, and i was here

• Members
i met my hubby online.. however, either one of us were looking for anything. we were chat buddies for a few months, then we became more like friends, and then something more. this whole process took about a year. it wasent so easy for us to meet up simply because he was in norway, and i was here

Same here. Met him online we talked for a year and a half, he was 1500 miles away, then moved here. We are closer than close and I feel it's because we spent so long just talking. About everything and anything. He is the best thing that's ever happened to me.

And our sex life is smokin!

• Members
Same here. Met him online we talked for a year and a half, he was 1500 miles away, then moved here. We are closer than close and I feel it's because we spent so long just talking. About everything and anything. He is the best thing that's ever happened to me.

And our sex life is smokin!

absolutely!! not only that, but we did the long distance thing for a year, then after we got married he had to go back to norway,(gotta love immigration policy) so most of our time was spent chatting online. we hardly ever fight. even our disagreements are not that bad.

• Members

I met my SO from craigslist. I was very unhappy with a relationship of 8 years and was ready to make a change. I put an ad up but then was gonna remove it due to some of the responses I was getting. I stated I was not looking for a one night stand and that I wanted to take my time. I finally did start chatting with someone on November 27th. He lives about 20 minutes from me. We then met for dinner on December 26th after chatting about a month online and on the phone. He is 47 and I am 33, but we hit it off so well. Like he has told me I am a lot more mature than my age, which has a lot oto do with life expereinces and he has a younger frame of mind so we mesh really well. From the beginning we finished each others thoughts, I would be thinking of calling him go to grab the hone and it would ring with him on the other end. We decided to ring in New Years together. I will jsut say it was amazing. I went from a man that thr whole act of sex was maybe 10-15 minutes long from foreplay to end. As soon as we were done he was out of the bed in the shower and that was it. Whereas now I have a man that takes his time, we are in no rush and love laying in each others arms. I had a lot of issues and he has been so patient through them.

Now we have been seeing each other for 4 months so far and it is going great. It is just a matter of being lucky enough to not find the nut cases out there and being very careful in who you invite into your life. Especially when a child is involved. I ahve a 5 year old girl. I still have not introduced them and he completely understands.

Best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

• Members

I'm another who met my SO online! We met in a random Yahoo chatroom on December 19th, 2002. We IMed each other for almost 5 years and became great friends, helped each other through bad breakups, were always there for each other, and tried desperately to ignore the fact that we were falling in love. We finally gave in to a long distance relationship, without having met in person, on May 5th of '06, and after a year of long phone conversations (and some great phone sex ;) ) he put me on a plane from Sacramento to Atlanta. I spent the summer with him and went back this past Christmas. Now I'm planning a move to Georgia towards the end of this Summer.

I also have several very good friends online as well, a few of which I have met in person. What my stories boil down to is, as long as you're careful, take the time to get to know someone, and make sure other people in your life are aware of your plans to meet them (just in case!) It's really an AMAZING new way to meet people!

• Members

I have had really good luck with www.passion.com. Someone here recommended it to me. I had a profile up for two weeks and I got something crazy like 1000 views. I corresponded online with several men for a week or two and then met a few in public places to see what they were like before deciding whether to move to friends with benefits or not.

Not sure if it's my location in the counrty or my radar, but I have met some really lovely men who are now friends with benefits. I don't know if you can find a long term SO from a place like that, but I would give it a try. Just be verrryy careful 1) it can be an addicting site 2) there ARE weirdos and liars out there. Insist on a recent photo and if anything sounds weird or too good to be true, be wary.

It was VERY fun to get 10 messages a day from interested men, such an ego boost. After two weeks, my head was spining and I had to take my profile down or I would spend the whole day replying to men. There are something like thousands (millions) of men on these sites, and lots fewer women, so the odds are in your favor.

I have had some odd meetings, but nothing dangerous...just keep your wits about you and use commom sense.

Feel free to email me if you want more specific info.

• Members

Being the southern gentelman that I am and that I travel on my job I would gladly come to your rescue. hahaha Seriously being in somewhat of the same boat Please be careful there are some REAL weirdos out there. Good luck

• Members

I met my SO online. We lived about an hour apart. We chatted online for months, then graduated to the phone. When we finally met in person it was cool, because we knew each other so well. We where totally comfortable. We had discussed just about every subject openly with one another. we figured if we where going to meet and maybe make a relationship out of this, we had better be open and honest from the start. We where to old for games or suprises. We both wanted a comitted relationship with a compatable person. We both have high sex drives, also. This was something that was missing in our past relationships, and had caused problims. We where as honest as we could be with each other.

The same day we met, we decided to spend the night together. (sorry mom! ha~ha) He was having some opening night performance issues, and I said 'thats ok, it's been awhile and I am anxious, too' and that was the truth. We laid there, all warm under the quilt (December in Wisconsin) and touched and talked and laughed until we fell sleep smiling. We woke up in the morning and went at it like two bunnies and it has been that way ever since. We have been apart one night since then. I don't want to sound like a star struck tenager, but it was if we had found our missing half. We have been together long enough for the charm to have worn off, but it hasn't. We are really in tune with each other. I can't explain it, but we love the feeling, and each other.

We met on a popular dating site, and people keep saying 'you should do a commercial!' We say 'who wants to see two old horny people hook up? I don't think we are what they want to advertise!' People see us as this happy, cute, chubby middle aged couple who found compainship, but at home alone, were more like two unsupervised teenagers! ;)

Be careful, though. We both had our share of whack~a~doos before we found each other.

Take your time, be smart, but know that it CAN work! Good Luck

• Members

Being the southern gentelman that I am and that I travel on my job I would gladly come to your rescue. hahaha Seriously being in somewhat of the same boat Please be careful there are some REAL weirdos out there. Good luck

Wow, Chiuck, and people say chivalry is dead! You are one of the few good ones left! :lol:

• Members
I have been in a relationship with a 'friend with benefits'. We were friends first, then realized we both enjoyed sex quite a bit. We've had a great time so far. He moves around due to his job but always comes back to home base in my area. Just yesterday he called and said he wouldn't be coming back...he's decided to take a full time position at the company. So now my lover is gone. it is very hard to meet men being a stay-at-home-mom--most of my friends are married with kids. I don't get out much for the same reason..my daughter. Plus my age is also a factor. Has anyone had any GOOD experiences with dating on-line? I'm scared to death because all of the bad press but really want a companion and some SEX. I'm wearing out my toys...and there is nothing like the real thing. Please help!!sad-smiley-8121.gif

too bad- so sad your not in or around Atlanta- might have a solution to the issue....hum i too have this fwb thing going on.....seems to work actally quite well smile b

• Members

I met my SO on a chat line here in town. I agree with the others becareful, and take it slow. When I met my SO we met in a public place, my daughter was at the sitters and it took months before I would allow him to know where I lived etc and to even meet my daughter. Just be extremely careful there are alot of weirdos out there. I am sorry to hear that your FTB left. Wish you the best.

too bad- so sad your not in or around Atlanta- might have a solution to the issue....hum i too have this fwb thing going on.....seems to work actally quite well smile b

In Atlanta? I am in Atlanta for a three or four times a month. Is your FWB schedule full? I had a FWB going on....

It has now stopped. :(

• Members

I met my SO online too. He IMed me and we got to talking. I wasn't even looking to meet anyone.... and here we are....

A single friend of mine has met some men from online dating sites. Yahoo comes to mind... Basically you can meet a whack job anywhere.

I know how difficult it can be, prior to meeting my SO, I was a single mom too.

• Members

Can't help you with on line dating things, just be VERY CAREFUL!

Remember, in the mean time...

A little Dildo will Do Ya!

• 1 year later...
  • Members
In Atlanta? I am in Atlanta for a three or four times a month. Is your FWB schedule full? I had a FWB going on....

It has now stopped. :(

Some things go full circle before one gets to enjoy the fruits......