Official Community Forums Home

Advice On Getting Married In Hawaii

• Members

Kim and I are ready to get married, and after a year of debating how have decided to elope in Hawaii. I was wandering If any one else here had gotten married there and if so any advice?

• Members
Kim and I are ready to get married, and after a year of debating how have decided to elope in Hawaii. I was wandering If any one else here had gotten married there and if so any advice?

Congratulations! I honeymooned a long time ago in Kauai. It is supposed to be the most beautiful of all the islands. We did see some of the main island and Maui and I would have to agree...Kauai is absolutely breathtaking. It was expensive. But I don't think there is a more beautiful place that i've ever been to in my lifetime.

• Members

Sorry no advice just wanted to congratulate you both on your upcoming nuptuals!

• Members

Congrats on your engagement!

As far as advice, what exactly are you looking for? Locations? Accommodations? Vendors in general?

• Members

LG and I lived on the Big Island of Hawaii. Contrary to popular belief it's not Oahu.

Oahu is a city nice place to skip.

Kauai is a beautiful Island spent some time there.

Maui is also a beautiful Island spent some time there also.

Big Island has so much to offer and so few go there. Some people claim they have seen the Big Island when they got of the ship in Kona.

If I were to suggest time on Islands.

3 days Kauai (first part)

3 days Maui (second part)

7 days Big Island (third part)

Reserve a jeep for all three islands buy a throw away cooler for all three islands (worry about recycling when you get back to your normal life)

Here is what you want to do on the Big Island leave Kona head over to south point go to the boat ramp at south point take a left. Drive to green sands beach climb down the rope and have sex on green sands beach, don't worry if there are people who can see you because there is no one for them to tell. Then head over to volcano's after 5pm have dinner at volcano house then head down to the flow, and watch relax and be stunned. The next day go on up to Mauna Kea before you get onto Saddle road stop at 7-11 and get a big bag of "Funions" drive up to the summit if you get stopped at the gate where the road turns to dirt give the bag of "Funions" to "Manny" they should let you through. Waipio valley drive down in LOW 4 wheel drive 1st gear this way you won't need to use your brakes let the engine do the braking. The beach's down there are unreal have sex under the water fall by the ocean. Head back towards the way out go up the river "it's a road" there are more places to see and things to do up there. After that head on up to Waimea have dinner and watch the sunset.

• Members
LG and I lived on the Big Island of Hawaii. Contrary to popular belief it's not Oahu.

Oahu is a city nice place to skip.

Kauai is a beautiful Island spent some time there.

Maui is also a beautiful Island spent some time there also.

Big Island has so much to offer and so few go there. Some people claim they have seen the Big Island when they got of the ship in Kona.

If I were to suggest time on Islands.

3 days Kauai (first part)

3 days Maui (second part)

7 days Big Island (third part)

Reserve a jeep for all three islands buy a throw away cooler for all three islands (worry about recycling when you get back to your normal life)

Here is what you want to do on the Big Island leave Kona head over to south point go to the boat ramp at south point take a left. Drive to green sands beach climb down the rope and have sex on green sands beach, don't worry if there are people who can see you because there is no one for them to tell. Then head over to volcano's after 5pm have dinner at volcano house then head down to the flow, and watch relax and be stunned. The next day go on up to Mauna Kea before you get onto Saddle road stop at 7-11 and get a big bag of "Funions" drive up to the summit if you get stopped at the gate where the road turns to dirt give the bag of "Funions" to "Manny" they should let you through. Waipio valley drive down in LOW 4 wheel drive 1st gear this way you won't need to use your brakes let the engine do the braking. The beach's down there are unreal have sex under the water fall by the ocean. Head back towards the way out go up the river "it's a road" there are more places to see and things to do up there. After that head on up to Waimea have dinner and watch the sunset.

Not been there but if I ever do I'll be printing this post! Good looking out!

• Members

I honeymooned in maui, the main land, kauai

skip the main land; we really loved maui...I recommend the the Regency Club at the Hyatt Hotel... great memories

• Members

Thank you all for your advice and thoughts, especially Mr. SP we will defiantly take your advice.

• Members
Thank you all for your advice and thoughts, especially Mr. SP we will defiantly take your advice.

Enjoy it, don't go there with must do plan.

Also you might want to have a small day pack to take with you during your trips this way you will not leave any valuables in the jeep "they're hard to lock". Pack some large trash bags big enough to put your day pack in and other things you want to keep dry while driving around. This way you will not need to put the top up during rain storms. :D