Official Community Forums Home

Look What I Got.. A Locking Toy Box!

• Members

8495Medium100505044401.jpg

It's gorgeous, holds all our toys and has a lock. It came last night and we spent a fun filled hour stocking it up! My son has been very interested lately in our nightstand :o so we decided it's time. We both loved the design of the box, the price was great, and it holds everything we have so far. Even our lubes, massage oils along with toys.

It's really a gorgeous piece!

• Members

OH! I love it! I'm jealous! :lol:

We have been needing to invest in something for awhile now too b/c of our son. I have been looking but have come up with nothing so far - that is exactly what I have in mind!

Where did you find it??

• Members
Very Nice!! So where did you get it and how much was it?? Curiosity killed the kat but satisfaction brought her back. LOL

:lol:

• Members

I got it here and it was $39.45 I think plus shipping. We got the large one. The way our collection keeps growing we're after the Pirate Booty Box :lol:

• Members

That IS a great price! It looks like it would be much more than that.

Sorry, Aiden - I may have to be a copycat!!

I have found nothing where we live except a big, black, plastic Stanley tool box - not sexy!

I am really looking for something just like this - you did good! ;)

Thanks for sharing! :D

• Members

that is a very erotic box - and will definitely help you to 'set the mood' in your new room!

• Members

Fab idea. Good idea and you have nice taste.

along the same vein, I don't have to hide my toys - daughter is grown and out of the house - but I like keeping them in cases. Depending on the size, I buy nice wine bags, sunglass cases, those oriental bags you get from dollar stores. Just throwing this out there for people looking for ideas.

My next headboard is going to be a custom job with a long shelf/drawer/door combination that slides out - will be lighted and I would like to notch into the wood the different toy footprints so that you can just lay the toy back into it's rightful home. Trying to find a carpenter who doesn't blush is the tough part!

• Members

The room is still a work in progress, with out 19th century bed, we decided to stay on that theme, the toy box was our love of eastern influence. We love eastern, middle eastern, Zen, Buddha on that theme.

This is very close to the set we have now: Poster_Bed.jpg

We are seriously considering this one. We both fell in love with it when we saw it, we are just concerned will it fit in the bedroom. It is MASSIVE. But so beautiful.

lfst3215_large.jpg

• Members

Have fun redecorating your bedroom. I just decided to buy some more bedroom furniture also. So much to choose from????

• Members

Wow... forget the bed, I just want the ROOM that second bed is in! My dream bedroom has a sliding glass door that leads to our deck (overlooking our brook) on one wall and another wall filled with windows.... *dreamy sigh*

• Members

Nice find Aiden! Especially at that price. Buying your son a similar one, even if you remove the lock on his, may keep his curiousity in check about yours! Just a thought!

• Members

Ladies these beds can be a serious PITA if you don't pre-plan. By pre-plan I mean measuring clearances through doorways, corners, and the one that almost whipped my ass was the 180 twist towards the bottom of the stairway which just so happens to have a low head clearance due to the attic area that surrounds the stairway. We got to the twist and found that we weren't about to make the curve. (WORD OF ADVICE) SECURE ALL HUTCH DOORS AND GLASS! We did lift it over the bannister and after more than an hour of cussing, yelling, gf crying, sweat pouring, fat buddy walking away to cool off outside, me and a friends son finally snuch that last 1/4" of the headboard between the bannister and ceiling and were standing like a couple of bullet-proof fools when the other friend saw our accomplishment. (This is where we learned that you have to be smarter than what you are working with)! Tough lesson. The rest of the parts were easy. The only other problem was us setting up the underside too close to the wall and we had to lift the upper frame and had another friend manipulate the bottom part so it would be somewhat square and wouldn't topple to either side. With all the glass and mirrors on that bastard I'm not about to risk buying more because of my own lack of preparation. And that is exactly what caused this problem! Mama had heard stories of the one I used to have in my younger years and found one in the paper for sale. It took an hour to call and to gather a friend and friends son so we had both trucks and enough people to assure it would get done without serious damage!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I love it! It's exactly what I need,but unfortunately when I clicked on the link,it says that the company

owners have decided to retire. Anyone know where I might be able to find a box similar to this,and within that price range?

• Members

They did give a phone number that will be in use for 30 days.Couldn't hurt to call it!

• Members
I love it! It's exactly what I need,but unfortunately when I clicked on the link,it says that the company

owners have decided to retire. Anyone know where I might be able to find a box similar to this,and within that price range?

Thanks for the info!

Damn! That sucks!!

Well, the search continues...

If anyone finds another great pruchase of this kind, please let us know! ;)

• Members

I found them by googling "locking wooden boxes"

• Members

While I was looking for other sites that ight sell something similar,I came along there site again,and now it is up,and running,and they are having a SALE! :) Now I just have to figure out which one I want.

• Members

I really recommend them, the box is gorgeous. I have the large one.