Official Community Forums Home

Just Need To Relieve Some Stress...

Shariana

• Members

I haven't had the chance or desire to tell many people, but I just broke up with my boyfriend.... it happened very quickly.... I realized he was very controlling and my life with him would have been filled completely with negative comments, demands, and no apologies. I am absolutely devastated right now. I lost my best friend.... he said he wanted to stay friends... and I was GLAD about that. But then he wouldn't let things go and wound up saying it was pointless to talk to me and hung up... I hope he gets a grip on things and we can reconcile it to being just friends.... but it's so hard. I lost my boyfriend of almost a year and a half and my best friend in the blink of an eye.

It's so hard. I hate feeling so helpless... all my friends are his friends, so it's going to be really difficult to get the support I need, except from my family.... maybe I can get my dad to take me out tomorrow for book shopping or kite flying or something.... he took me to get ice cream after dinner and to help me bad mouth him to myself on the drive.... I guess there are perks to being home where I have to come on here secretly and being "daddy's little girl"...

It's going to be very hard wearing my claddagh ring turned out on my right hand..... it's been on my left hand turned in for over a year. I guess it's going to take some getting used to....

But hey, who knows.... maybe if he grows up a bit at college next semester or over this summer.... maybe things can get better. I have no expectations... hopes for cordiality, but not expecting much more than that.

I'm sorry that you're upset. But, if he was as controlling and negative as you say, then you deserve sooo much more. Sometimes, it can take years to get past the hurt feelings and wounded egos, to be able to be mature enough to be friends. But it can happen. It just takes time.

My recommendation would be to just leave him alone. No e-mails or phone calls. Leave him be. And don't talk with him if he calls you or e-mails either. You both need time to heal and adjust. To learn how to be better people without each other. IMO, you did the right thing for yourself.

• Members

Ditto what Tyger said. Just know we're thinking of you. <hugs>

• Members

As someone who has been in the negetive relationships a lot lately, not for as long, it's still tough. My ex and iw ere together almost a year when he dumped me and it was the hardest summer of my life. THe only thing you can do is when your with your mutal friends smile and be strong and come home and let out the pain. Tyger's right leaving him be is the best thing you can do, I knwo it's hard for you but if you need anything you have plenty of shoulders to cry on here.

• Members

i was in a very emotionally and verbal relationship with my sons father for about 6 years, he wore me down until i totally lost myself. i know your upset, and confused. but its very hard for someone who is controlling and negative to change. hang in there sweetie. **hugs**

• Members

Break ups hurt, even if they're for the best. Give yourself some time and try to think logically instead of emotionally right now. You are young and just starting to discover who you are as a person and what you really want and desire for yourself. Don't make the mistake of caving in and getting back with him right away just to keep from being alone....you will meet lots of new people and that's just what you need now. Hugs and good luck to you!

• Members

Thanks you guys! I really appreciate it!

I actually had the opportunity to speak with him calmly today... and he apologized for what he did last night and said that he will try to be more mature so we can remain friends. I love him, but can't let him hurt me anymore... so all seems to be well for now!

Thanks again everyone! *hugs*