Official Community Forums Home

Tattoos

• Members
You little stink! You laughing cause I got caught with one or because you did this yourself? LOL!

Laughing at me but I was so mad at myself at the time. I yelled into the air: WTF IS WRONG WITH ME???!!! Just picture me driving with my R hand while I held the damn diaper over my bleeding L eye. Now that's SEXY!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm going to take a pic of it and post it LOL

• Members

I think mine may be visible in the skullcap visually post. If not I'll have to wait for a cam.

The one that really freaks people is the one at the bottom left of my Adam's Apple. It's about 1/2" wide and 1" long vertically. Someone thought they had a victim in their hands but I'm still here.

• Members
I think mine may be visible in the skullcap visually post. If not I'll have to wait for a cam.

The one that really freaks people is the one at the bottom left of my Adam's Apple. It's about 1/2" wide and 1" long vertically. Someone thought they had a victim in their hands but I'm still here.

Good GOD what are you doing to yourself? That pic was really small of you ... :( I just looked in the mirror and I guess it's not that bad... Happy day now my L thumb on the other hand :rolleyes: I slammed it in a window while I was on vacation. Now the nail is growing out and it is all messed up. My H says I am a huge klutz. I guess he's right!

• Members
Good GOD what are you doing to yourself? That pic was really small of you ... :( I just looked in the mirror and I guess it's not that bad... Happy day now my L thumb on the other hand :rolleyes: I slammed it in a window while I was on vacation. Now the nail is growing out and it is all messed up. My H says I am a huge klutz. I guess he's right!

Only doing what feels right! The neck thing happened in another world! (ARMY)! And don't feel lonely I'm a klutz too but my pain tolerance is is far above many so it's not until later (like now) that it sets in.

• Members

If you scroll your cursor over the pic will it allow you to zoom it in?

• Members
If you scroll your cursor over the pic will it allow you to zoom it in?

Nope :( Yeah Suze sorry...

• Members

Reminds me a bit of that scene in "Jaws" where they're all telling about their scars :)

As far as "Do guys like tattoos," just answering for myself, and bearing in mind that I'm married and not in the market to date anyone, and not counting out-of-control all-over-the-place or racist tattoos . . .

I'm personally not big on tattoos. I would not get one. They seem to me to be something for someone to draw attention to him/herself or make a statement. I'm more of a quiet (except when yelling at the kids ;) ), reserved, introverted sort who does not want to draw attention to myself.

Do I like tattoos on girls? No strong preference either way. I guess they do tend to draw my eye more than a non-tattooed girl. Maybe there is a subtle subconcious notion that a girl with tattoos is a bit bad, and there is some desire (at least in fantasy land) to win over and tame the "bad girl."

But tattoos are becoming more and more common, so that works to reduce any "tattoo = bad girl" connection. And especially with them being more common, any guy who would not date a girl because of them has gotta be more of a square than me.

Now my wife, on the other hand, likes tattoos, and is always trying to talk me into one. When we were dating, she got a ring of Seuss charactes around one ankle, then after the first kid she got the kid's initials on the back base of her neck. Then another on her wrist. I think after that she went out with her friends one night and got her nose pierced; showed it to me the next morning. My reaction was a startled and shocked, "What the hell did you do that for?" Then she got another tattoo on her back near one shoulder. And each tattoo is bigger and bolder than the ones before.

The next one she planned was a big F-ugly thing in the middle, upper half of her back. After being unable to convince her how horrid it looked, I told her somewhat disgustedly "If you want to uglify yourself, go ahead." When she had it done, she came back with some different thing instead. I was quite surprised she had listened to me. Again, this one was bigger and more colorful than the ones before. Then she had one put on her shoulder and down her arm. This one is quite the conversation starter, with people (usually women) always stopping her to ooh and ahh over it and ask her about it.

So, getting tattoos seems to be addictive. With the wife's tattoos, I wouldn't say I either like them or dislike them. But I also hope she stops getting them, or she is going to look over-done.

• Members

I think the right tatoo in the right place is sexy. On the breast, on the back or the ankle.

But too many or too big is a turn off. I think the "tramp stamp" I guess it is called, with the

right tatoo is very sexy.

• Members
I think the "tramp stamp" I guess it is called, with the

right tatoo is very sexy.

Though that is the more recent and popular term it may cause a bit of heat. Trust me I used that one once! There are terms that are used by tat fanatics and others that aren't really as common for many here.

Not crying party fowl or anything here just trying to help you get along with as little conflict as possible!

• Members
This may sound strange coming from a Biker, but I think a lot of people go too far with Tattoos. When they are done tastefully, they can add a bit of excitement. However, they sometimes seem to be an attention getting device when overdone. I want to see the person and personality when I look at a woman, and not someone's artwork.

I wouldn't be turned-off by them, but I would be less likely to take someone seriously who is tattood all over.

Yes, that does sound funny coming from a Biker; but I agree with you. I think it more a detraction than anything else. It's kind of nice to know I'm not the only "un-hip" person here.

• Members

All the tattoos I have I did for myself.I never put any thought about what any man would think about them. They are not obvious, obscene or very visible to many either.They also all have personal meaning to me and I paid for them myself and put a lot of thought into them. I love my tats.

• Members

Well I have put off getting the new one and sadly now it can't climb up my neck like I wanted to since I'm joining the Air force. Instead it's going down my shoulder and creeping on my chest and 1/2 down my upper arm, and it's going to be photo realistic Ivy so it will look super cool!

• Members

I went back and asked my wife, "Why do you get tattoos? Are you trying to make a statement? Are you trying to draw attention to yourself."

Her reply: "No. And no; they're covered most of the time anyway. I just like them." So much for my theory.

Even though I'm not big on tattoos, I think it is silly that someone can't get certain jobs if they have tattoos showing. I don't see the big deal with them. I guess there are some folks who do have a problem with them.

Suzy, on the Ivy, is there any way to work it so you can add to it and run it up your neck like you want after Air Force days are over? (Good luck in the AF!)

• Members
Well I have put off getting the new one and sadly now it can't climb up my neck like I wanted to since I'm joining the Air force. Instead it's going down my shoulder and creeping on my chest and 1/2 down my upper arm, and it's going to be photo realistic Ivy so it will look super cool!

Hope you set up multiple sessions for that one. After a few hours it tends to get annoying. I'm pretty sure every artist now has made a habit of wearing the latex gloves and they do grab at the skin when they wipe the ink off constantly.

• Members
I went back and asked my wife, "Why do you get tattoos? Are you trying to make a statement? Are you trying to draw attention to yourself."

Her reply: "No. And no; they're covered most of the time anyway. I just like them." So much for my theory.

Even though I'm not big on tattoos, I think it is silly that someone can't get certain jobs if they have tattoos showing. I don't see the big deal with them. I guess there are some folks who do have a problem with them.

Suzy, on the Ivy, is there any way to work it so you can add to it and run it up your neck like you want after Air Force days are over? (Good luck in the AF!)

Oh heck yes! Ivy is a creeping plant you know! LOL I have three and the only one you can usually see is teh one on my wrist. Each of them have meaning to me and i got them at points in my life when I was coming out of "dark times" so further they are reminders of my survival!

My Butterfly- Orignally I got it when I was 13, and they guy did teh wrong one! It was a significant point of growth for me! I was super depressed and I got myself treatment without anyone helping me! Later I got it re-color (bad tattoo artist!) and I added the black eyed susan because they are survivors! DId you know that they are often the first plant to bounce back after a forest fire?

My "henna"- I got a henna in the 8th grade (one year before my first real tattoo) and I did a lot of research and did you know that it is used on women before marriage and during pregnancy for protection, honor and truth? ANd I need that! I was going through a period of doubt in myself and my career goals, as well as my skills.

My Heart- Well It says what it means. LOL I had just ended things with the work jerk and was feeling (and still kinda am) like I'm never gonna find anyone for me. SO I got it to remind myself that when I find love it will be well worth all the waiting!

My Ivy- Again, is my Celtic "Zodic" and DAMN it is sooo like me it's scary! like just down to the smallest detail! And My life is truly just beginning, I have left some bad habits behind (my temper has mellowed like whoa!) and I have discovered lots more hidden facets to myself and why not get ME tattooed on me to remind me who I am when I get lost?

• Members
Sears is my version of a wet dream when it comes to quality! I got my certification as a small engine repairman while roughnecking and I wouldn't dream of buying anything short of the best in tools. That would be like buying a sex toy from a place other than TT that doesn't carry the 1 year guarantee!

Sorry to get off subject, but Pappy, you gotta meet my sweetguy. He is a sears man all the way!

The Sears flier is called the 'man book' and the Sears store is the 'Pottery Barn for men.'

If it isn't Sears, it isn't worth buying! :P

Love that guy...........

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
So as teh calender speeds towards my next tattoo date I'm worried: Do guys like a girlw ho's heavily tattooed? Right now I only have three but come July I'll be sitting for my first sleeve, It's going to be Ivy that starts at teh base of my neck (possibly on my neck) and wraps down my arm. So when is enough too much for guys? I mean, I take care of myself and and I get them touched up so they don't ever get faded and they all have meaning to me. So is this a bad thing? IS mom right and the more tattoos I get the harder it is going to be for me to find a guy permently? Or is it a bit of a turn on and I'm going to be fending off weirdos, freaks and motorcycle gangs for the rest of my life?

I have to say I don't like a LOT of them...but they can be sexy as hell, depending.

• Members
Sorry to get off subject, but Pappy, you gotta meet my sweetguy. He is a sears man all the way!

The Sears flier is called the 'man book' and the Sears store is the 'Pottery Barn for men.'

If it isn't Sears, it isn't worth buying! :P

Love that guy...........

I can't believe I missed this one. I think your SO and I would have a hell of a time. Though I wouldn't call himm sweetguy, too often anyway, LOL! I'm a diehard Sears guy! My gf calls it the wish book when I get a new catalog.

• Members
Hope you set up multiple sessions for that one. After a few hours it tends to get annoying. I'm pretty sure every artist now has made a habit of wearing the latex gloves and they do grab at the skin when they wipe the ink off constantly.

Wow pappy I have been missing a lot of posts. OY. Yeah I'm planning on booking (when I get it done) 2-3 hours sessions it should only take about 6 hours so that's not too terrible, but still, like you said annoying cause you gotta sit still and well I'm a mover and a shaker(which might get the tat for free ;) )

• Members

My forearms were done in one sitting and they are only in black! Add color to that and I think you may be looking at a few more hours. Mine took about 8 hours.