Official Community Forums Home

It Never Ends

mystofpric

• Members

So after continuing to pursue the first threat through work, I put off sending in the paper work because FINALLY things we starting to happen. I have been shuned at work by all but one guy in my department (and the temps, but they aren't invovled), I get dirty looks, people refuse to help me, and when the one guy who will work with me does, he gets harrassed until he's done. But i know that things are moving so I gave them a chance to work on it, now that they are actually telling me what's happening. and then I come home and go through my co-worker's myspaces. It's the only way to know the latest rumors about me, I unfortunately need to know now so I can turn them in. Instead of rumors I find this:

Myspace: Steve

Thursday, May 29, 2008

pissed off

Some people (no names she knows) better quite starting shit becouse if my job gets afected by bull shit that has nothing to do with me she will wish she never came to NY

8:37 PM - 1 Comments - 0 Kudos - Add Comment -

Buttercup

lol u go girl! love ya bubba.-adam

Posted by Buttercup on Thursday, May 29, 2008 at 9:21 PM

[Reply to this]

Adam is the guy who made teh original threat. That's right folks, that's number two! GUess what? as soon as I wake up in the morning that paper work is GONE,. I'm tired of playing nice. I cannot CANNOT keep living like this! Steve's girlfriend is the local vet's daughter. We have to comb the yard to make sure no one has thrown anything in that the dogs could eat and die from. I jump anytime I hear any noise out of teh ordinary. I'm now not sleeping because of this. I'm done. I got home from work over two hours ago! (1:05am, it's now 3:36) I don't know what else to do. OH yeah wait I do, I'm filing a report with teh police tomorrow too.

• Members

I am sorry you are going through this. People like him dont' have a clue. He is trying to play the victim....oh please. He needs to get a life.

• Members

Suzy,

This makes me wish I lived back in NY again.

I would get a job there and bring along my 2x4.

This guy is so full of himself.

Sounds to me like he has the " I want things to go my way NOW" syndrom.

And it is about damn time you file those papers, I don't know why you put it off.

Now that I know you havn't filed, I am gonna bug the shit out of you till you do file em.

Just because I like you, and I care about you and I don't want to see you lose your job.

You have gone through so much, and you don't deserve to be treated like this.

You are a very strong minded person to go to work everyday and deal with this crap.

Do NOT give up, if you do that, he has won, and NO MAN is worth that.

Now, get yer butt in gear and go file them papers.

Love ya girl!

((HUGS))

Whiskey

• Members

Aw thanks guys! I'm off to print out my statement now and then send in the paper work. I can't exactly say what's being done at work on the off chance that someone else knows I use the forum. I will say that they are only just now starting to see how serious the situtation is. I knew being the first girl to work in ther was going to be tough ( i did expect some resisitence) but this is extreme.

Part of the second guy's problem is that I was there when his girlfriend cheated on him and I told him I didn't want to get invovled that it was between them. So I think in some sick and twisted way he blames me, but he' still with her, how pissed could he be?

Whiskey, you are amazing! Thanks hun, it's the north country, though they like their shotguns I think a 2x4 would be much more satisfiying. *HUGS!*

Thank you ladies so much, I needed to vent and get some support because I can't invovle my best friend any further, she's married to one of the guys I work with and when this lastest batch of shit rolls down hill, I don't want her standing at the foot of it.

• Members

I hope you get everything worked out. People need to grow the hell up and get over themselves. =/

^Ditto to Mandie's response.

You can also file a complaint with the state for Worker's Rights. There should be an address posted somewhere at your job (by law, they HAVE to post where you can find help, like near where the minimum wage posting is). Best wishes.

• Members

I have teh paper work, but I now need to print the page and my printer died, I would use my best friend's but she is the wife of one of my co-workers and i'm trying to not spread my actions around about it. I went to the troopers today and they were "too busy" so they were supposed to get back to me, 3 hours later, an officer called me asked what was going on and then said she'd get back to me and i never heard back. Following up on thatone tomorrow.

• Members

Light a fire under their butts, Suzy!

• Members

Suzy,I don't know the whole story but nobody deserves crap at work! They don't have to like you but they gotta

respect you. If you were my kid I'd be right there giving you all the hugs and support I could.

Hang in there and don't give up. It may be tough but you will be a stronger person for it.

Bon Chance!

• Members
I know abso lutly nothing about the labor laws in your state. With that being said, if it is an 'at will' state chances are you are going to end up loosing your job and getting nowhere. While I understand how you feel and agree that you are being done wrong, unless you have witnesses who are willing to stand beside you all the way and even join you in the complaint you could very well be fighting a loosing battle. If it is a state with 'at will employment statues' they can fire you for any reason or no reason and there is absolutly nothing you or anyone else can do about it.

You mentioned that he made a 'threat' on my space but didn't use your name even though you know who he is talking about. In most states a 'threat' is not considered a threat unless the person is in a place to carry it out and has the means to do so. Again, I feel for you but having seen these kinds of things in the work place time and time again I'm afraid you are in a lose, lose situation.

For these very reasons it is better to never get involved with people in the workplace unless you have known them for a long long time.

Poon~ The threat on myspace could only have been aimed at me as I am the only woman who works there and it was talking about the she at work. Technically the police could do nothing about teh first threat because it was too vague but as this si actually my SECOND threat they took action. We are an at-will employment state, however as i have already filed with the State's Human Right's Division and the EEOC they had better hope that have a damn good reason for firing me or it's gonna look really bad for them.

• Members
I don't want you to misunderstand what I'm saying here, so just for the record I am certianly on your side and wish you the best..........................

Oh I know, it's just that now that I sent the paper work in I feel a little more agressive, like "bring it on biotch" cause I know I'm right and now i have teh state to back me up. But your right I have sent out my resume and stuff in case they decide i'm a liablity. Just for their sakes I hope they don't do anything supid. And I actually like my job, it's really fun to see stuff some together and know that I had a part in it. IF only I could be left alone and allowed to work.

And no more dipping into teh company ink for me. Lesson learned. It was fine in college when it was more of a club that paid you than a realy job but this is the dreaded real world and I need to startthinking like that.

Thank you Poon for your honesty and your support!

PS Thank you everyone else too! You guys make me smile on a rainy day.

• Members

Being the first woman to work there comes with a whole set of problems, especially if these guys are insecure. Good for you for breaking that ground. There's bound to be a lot of posturing and huffing about. They probably will tend to stick together on this and make you out to be the outsider. Good thing you're a strong person, but it does suck. I say stick to your guns, but by all means find a new job if this one gets too unpleasant. You can still be right even if you don't work there any more. Life's too short.