Official Community Forums Home

Not Quite 5 O'clock...sorta.

• Members

Okay so awhile back I posted about razor tips/help.

I finally went out and purchased the coochy creme and mist. I also had a reliable razor. So skipping to the important part, I feel somewhat smooth now, but I still see little black hairs that I obviously cannot get with a razor. some sort of 5 o'clock shadow I think? I dunno it's not horrible, but it's not like completely gone. Do any other ladies get this? If not, how can I get rid of it? is it possible?

• Members

Are you referring to the night after you shave, or right away? It is hard to get all the hairs, especially those 'tucked in' between the natural folds. I recommend (and I know it is scary) getting waxed if you have difficulty with the small hairs.

If you are unable to wax, then try this:

Soak in the warm tub for at least 20 minutes

Use your new, sharp razor and some nice shave gels

PULL the skin taught to get all the hairs

Go AGAINST the grain or growth of the hair.

It all depends on your hair. I have dark hairs, and I can usually see the hairs juuuuuust below the skin, smooth, yet still visible, like the roots. The only way to get rid of that look is to wax. No matter what kind of shave cream or razor you use, you will still see the roots. They're there, right under the skin, shaving doesn't get rid of it. It's uber noticable to us, the freshly shaven, however, with the lights low, I've never had any man complain about it, so I wouldn't worry too much about it at all.

• Members

Just a guess here but I believe it has a lot to do with hair thickness and pore openings. If you have a good quality triple or better blade it is supposed to lift the hairs and cut them so that they retract back into the follicle just below the skin. It's nothing that will scare a man away. If he's ever shaved he already knows about this.

• Members

When I tried shaving I had the same problem.... Then I started trimming before I shaved, it worked MUCH better!

Gets closer to the skin for a closer shave.

• Members

one trick that i use is i use exfoliating body scrub around.....not in the lips......and still be gentle don't want to hurt yourself...if it hurts then quit.........but i soak in a hot tub then exfoliate and then shave with coochy and with a new razor.....and another trick i found....mens razors work better down there then womens........(4 blade i use) oh and i let the razor soak too in a cup of hot water while i'm soaking. Seems to work for me! Hope it helps.