Official Community Forums Home

Lube Gone Wrong?

whitefang2002

• Members

Ok I have had sex with others before my SO and some had that sweaty ball smell....

Now after having my daughter I have to use lube so my episiotomy site doesn't rip open again.....

And with my SO we use the KY 2 in 1 tingly...smells like mint....but when we get really really hot and down to business i can smell a funny smell......

Is the lube having a not so good combination with our sweat? he don't have that "sweaty ball smell" when i'm giving him head and we usually have sex after we shower......

Anyone else have this problems?

Kind of smells like a gross burnt smell.....haven't brought it up to him cuz i thought maybe it was smelly sweaty balls.....but then i got to thinking .... could it be the lube?????

I never used it with anyone else before...and i can't remember if there was that smell when we didn't use it....don't want to try that cuz then i'm going to rip!

Very embarassed........lol...........but i need an answer....or should i just simply find and try another lube?

• Members

no one has anythign to say.....? wow.....i was embarassed before.....but now.........!! I was hoping this happened to other people.............maybe i was wrong

• Members

I would check the expiration date on the lube first. I don't know if lube goes bad. Do either of you have an infection?

Mint lube when combined with sexual juices may change in scent, or it may be just your chemistry?

I never got that *sweaty balls* smell from lube before. In fact I never noticed any lube scent after sex, just healthy body juices mingling happily together. :lol:

• Members

didn't know there was an expiration date on them ,but i haven't had them that long.............

mgiht just get one from TT and try that.........lol.

just don't want to end up wiht a sticky one............or too watery

• Members
didn't know there was an expiration date on them ,but i haven't had them that long.............

mgiht just get one from TT and try that.........lol.

just don't want to end up wiht a sticky one............or too watery

Try the tootimid lube it's really good. I would suggest trying just a plain lube and see if that helps because it might have something to do with the chemicals that make it tingle mixing with your natural scents.

LOL though I totally know the sweaty ball smell. Eww and yet.... i kinda like it. I'm odd i know.

• Members

How long since you had the baby? A woman's hormonal surges and drops after pregnancy can really change the way she smells. Are you using condoms? Condoms + lub = bad smell most times. Is the smell coming from YOU or from HIM or a combination smell? It could be anything and everything to what you are eating, how much you are drinking or normal composition. Also, do you shave your pubic hair? If not, the smell does get attached to the hairs down there, just so you know. Answer my questions and I will get back to you with a more appropriate answer.

Guest eminatic

i cant say for sure since i have never used that particular lube, but i do notice a distinct smell with water based lubes, though its not very strong...

• Members

um my daughter is a little over 2 years old. Use condoms...cuz i'm allergic to birth control. and its nothing that i can pick up from directly me or him...just a combonation i think. cuz i don't smell like that down there and he doesn't smell lke that down there. yeah I shave it all off and he trims....

• Members

I think from your above post it's a combination of you and him, just juices mingling. I don't think it's your lube.

• Members

wow mine and his smell..........kind of embarassing................HAHA...........you can still smell it in the room the day after.............kind of has a burnt rubber smell to it.........

Guest eminatic

me and my bf used condoms on our past visit (just to 'practice' using them since i have never experienced them) and i did notice a semi strong offensive odor from the condom <_<

I would say that it is a mix of you and the lube. You know how some people can wear a certain perfume and smell divine, and others try the perfume, and smell like a "French Whore"? Same same. It may be that your specific chemistry doesn't combine well with that lube.

And, with the hormonal changes of a baby (even though it's 2 yrs ago), things are going to react differently to your body now. For example, I never use to get facial blemishes (ok zits), but after I had our DD, I do. I never had to worry about dryness when engaging in sex, now I rarely DON'T need to use lube! Every so often, I get a "dry patch" up inside of me, even WITH lube, and I can't remember the name of it, but it's common in white women after childbirth. Yay me. So, you see, it can change you inside AND out!

So, you aren't a "freak" or something is wrong with you. These things happen.

• Members

yeah i still have the hormone coloration by my eyes.............thank god for makeup.....

but i think i will try different lube and if that doesn't do it then different brand condoms........if not that........then i will finally ask hubby if he notices it and ask him if he had the same with other people or not...........lol. Too embarassed to ask about it till i can't find any other solutions........haha

• Members

Glad to hear that you figured out the problem so that you can get it corrected quickly.

• Members

Uh Hem.....did I not tell ya it was the condoms???? Glad you figured it out - this is one of the reasons I am glad I am not using them any longer!

• Members

Durex has a "her pleasure" condom that has a strawberry flavored/scented lube on them... pleasantly pink and rather sweet, actually!

• Members

my SO won't use durex ones.....says he doens' tlike that brand.

anyone know any trogens that don't smell bad? lol.