Official Community Forums Home

Penis Going Numb During Intercourse

Amylynn920

• Members

Ok asking here because I am not sure which forum this should go in.

We are having an on again off again situation with hubby's penis. He's going numb a half hour into sex. Losing almost all sensation.

It does not always happen, but it's happening enough to cause us both frustration. He loses sensation, sex stops and I'm frustrated and he is too.

When it's happening he's in missionary, with my legs up around his neck and he's kneeling in front of me, pounding away.

Is it the position? Is it because he's going really fast and hard?

It doesn't happen when I give him oral only if I've been at that for a long time like maybe an hour of it, and he hasn't said it's happened during doggy. Nor have I noticed it in that position.

I'm getting concerned and he's feeling really bad :( Any thoughts?

Do we just need to switch positions or something?

He said he starts off fine then just goes numb and loses sensation. He stays hard but he's just numb.

It's been happening more frequently lately. I think it's because he's worried about my coming. I give him great oral, then we move to sex, and he's going 90 mph to try and get me there.

I told him without foreplay for me it will take longer but I don't want him rushing and screwing like a mad dog, just to get me there fast. And I told him going 90mph doesn't work on getting me there faster. I'm worried that it's some kind of nerve damage.

We just don't know what it could be or how to get around this.

Any thoughts and ideas are really welcomed.

• Members

Hi Aiden

I've never had this problem but knew a few guys it happened to. If he's staying hard it's not a blood flow problem so if I were him and it's happening more often I'd be in talking to the Doc about possible nervous system problems. Hope you guys get it worked out and it's not serious. Sounds like it's really frustrating. Good Luck :huh: James

• Members

MAN! I've got nuthin'! I am going to Google it!

I'm no medical professional, but, to me, it sounds like a circulartory issue. I would go and have him see a urologist to see if all of his pipes are working properly, and I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a recommendation to go see a cardiologist too. Going numb in any extremity, especially on a regular basis, isn't something that should be ignored or passed as some little thing, until it's diagnosed as "a little thing". Best wishes!!

• Members
Here are my thoughts : It does not seem to be a blood flow issue, but it certainly does seem to be a sensory/nerve issue. If any part of your body is stimulated enough, it eventually becomes numb...it may become sore first, or sore later, after the numbness wears off...

If you don't believe me, try this little experiment: rub your finger (try using middle or ring) fairly briskly on your jeans for about five minutes...then touch another object, like your nose, or press a fingernail to the finger tip...numb, right?

You also do not give enough info...does he go numb after 30 minutes of self stimulation or just during vaginal sex?

Hey Iha,

I isn't happening all the time. Just some of the time. Probably about 1 out of 5 times.

I'm noticing it happens after too much oral, for too long, so too much stim or after too long doing the pile driver thing.

I don't think it's blood flow. I think it may be a positioning thing and doing something for too long a period.

He says it is only happening during intercourse sometimes or during alot of oral.

• Members
Hi Aiden

I've never had this problem but knew a few guys it happened to. If he's staying hard it's not a blood flow problem so if I were him and it's happening more often I'd be in talking to the Doc about possible nervous system problems. Hope you guys get it worked out and it's not serious. Sounds like it's really frustrating. Good Luck :huh: James

James,

Thanks, what was the problem with the men that you knew? Did you ever know?

• Members

He is not depressed, and Sun thanks I got your email. I saw that too.

I just wish we knew what was causing it. Could be trial and error, I dunno.

• Members

Only that one if we do it for more than 20 min or so, or if oral for him is longer than 45 min or so.

• Members
James,

Thanks, what was the problem with the men that you knew? Did you ever know?

Hi again

One of them had a pinched, and I don't know if this is spelled right, psyatic nerve, the others I'm not sure what it was. But anytime something goes numb it seems like it involves the nervous system. He doesn't handle a lot of pesticides or weed killers does he, because they can also effect the nervous system. James

• Members
Hi again

One of them had a pinched, and I don't know if this is spelled right, psyatic nerve, the others I'm not sure what it was. But anytime something goes numb it seems like it involves the nervous system. He doesn't handle a lot of pesticides or weed killers does he, because they can also effect the nervous system. James

Nope, he doesn't.

We really are thinking a positioning issue. And the long amount of time in that position and thrusting so hard.

We'll see if it happens with something different.

• Members
Only that one if we do it for more than 20 min or so, or if oral for him is longer than 45 min or so.

Maybe it's just me but 45min seems like a really long time for oral! 20 min per position for intercourse seems about average although I don't really know for certain. Let me ask you this, is he holding back during oral to make it last? Is oral primarily used for foreplay? Or is it just that he needs this much stimulation to orgasm? I am just thinking maybe you guys need to slow down and have shorter sessions. (or at least shorter for him ;) ) Maybe it is too much friction. I think that my H and I, take maybe an hour to an hour and a half at the most for full blown sex. On RARE occasions it may be longer. This is including foreplay, oral (for one or both) and at least 2 positions. I know you've told me in the past he got sore. I am wondering if this is why. You don't use condoms right? Also if you are using lube it could cut down on the friction. Just a few thoughts.

• Members
Maybe it's just me but 45min seems like a really long time for oral! 20 min per position for intercourse seems about average although I don't really know for certain. Let me ask you this, is he holding back during oral to make it last?

Yes he said that's why he holds back.

Is oral primarily used for foreplay?

Mostly, he likes it.

Or is it just that he needs this much stimulation to orgasm?

Nope, he can come in a couple mins the lucky dog <_< .

I am just thinking maybe you guys need to slow down and have shorter sessions. (or at least shorter for him ;) ) Maybe it is too much friction.

I agree.

I think that my H and I, take maybe an hour to an hour and a half at the most for full blown sex. On RARE occasions it may be longer. This is including foreplay, oral (for one or both) and at least 2 positions. I know you've told me in the past he got sore. I am wondering if this is why. You don't use condoms right?

Nope no condoms

Also if you are using lube it could cut down on the friction. Just a few thoughts.

Tried lube last night I was really getting into it, said, yes this may be the trick, then he went numb and stopped. :( Talk about freaking frustrated. I was ready to throw something.

• Members

Aiden, it does not sound like a circulatory problem because he can get hard and stay hard...blood is flowing where it is supposed to go. There are many nerve problems that could occur, but the fact the can cum usually and that this is an intermittent problem is very reassuring as far as any kind of nerve damage. It appears to be a sensory problem..those nerves travel through the spine, too, but again, it is intermittent, so a nerve tumor or realy, any thing bad would be so very rare I wouldn't worry.

I think it might be positional..when you are giving him oral he might be bent at a slight angle and when he kneels he might also be bent at an angle that puts pressure on just the nerves to the penis. I think iha is correct, too, that it may just be overstimulation.

I don't think you have anything medically wrong to worry about. I wouldn't use that position and shorten time for oral for him or mix oral with sex so it doesn't go on for such a long time. There is a condition called priapism where a sustained erection for more than 3-4 hours can cause permanent nerve damage. Some medicines affect the nervous system and can cause this condition. It is usually very painful. If he's not in pain before or after this numbness occurs, just numb..I would suggest it's a positional and/or friction situation. Try other positions for a while and if it only happens during those 2 events, long oral and rapid banging...I would drop those from your sexual repertoire so neither of you is frustrated.

• Members

OK so I think he needs to hold back less and btw 45 min of oral for him and none for you... SHAME on him!!! Seriously! <_< Anyway let me know if anything works :)

• Members
OK so I think he needs to hold back less and btw 45 min of oral for him and none for you... SHAME on him!!! Seriously! <_< Anyway let me know if anything works :)

I don't know if I could handle 45 min of oral for me!!! Sure would be game to try it though. Count those orgasms..1..2..4...6...8.

• Members

Well it's not that I get none, but the play field is not even in that matter.

I usually give him oral about 98% of the time as standard foreplay. I get it about 2% of the time. But yeah when I do it's a long time.

I think that Pinky has nailed it on the head.

• Members

I agree with a couple of posters on this.... there are so many reasons your Hubby is experiencing numbness it could be a nerve issue, or even a circulatory issue. It could also be something that seems totally unrelated. Go to a Board Certified Urologist that specializes in this sort of thing,Sexual dysfunction issues. Good luck to you and your husband, hopefully this will be resolved quickly.

• Members

When he goes numb, does he go flacid as well? Why does he stop?

I've had a similar issue a few times in the past and I think it had much to do with the way my penis was rubbing in her vagina. The thing is that I get aroused on sound so what's a little bit of numbness if I can get her to scream in pleasure? I pushed through it and feeling came back with a shift in position. I never lost my hardness and the numbness was more an irritation than a show stopper.

Randy.

• Members
When he goes numb, does he go flacid as well?

No he does not go flaccid.

Why does he stop?

I think he's exhausted and can't come, because he is numb.

I've had a similar issue a few times in the past and I think it had much to do with the way my penis was rubbing in her vagina. The thing is that I get aroused on sound so what's a little bit of numbness if I can get her to scream in pleasure? I pushed through it and feeling came back with a shift in position. I never lost my hardness and the numbness was more an irritation than a show stopper.

I dunno Thur he said it was numb and he just stopped. Not all guys are like you, unfortunately. <_<

Randy.

• Members

The stopping is likely justa frustraion thing IMHO. BUt i think a lot of people here are right in that it's probably over-stimulation, cut back the oral (or even try skipping it) and if you must do missionary ( i know i prefer it to start and then move on ahead to better pastures) pop in to the mission for a quick hello them move right along. If he is only going numb in this, try the reverse missionary, see if he still goes numb, if that's it then it might be exertion, or a nerve being pinched when he's in the usually postion. If not and he still goes numb, I'd guess it's how he rubs against you and just skip it although.

• Members

i asked hubby about this...and he said yes it happens to him every now and then..in that same exact position. he said he just keeps pushing through it, it goes away eventually. but once the feeling comes back, hes usually very sore.

• Members
Well it's not that I get none, but the play field is not even in that matter.

I usually give him oral about 98% of the time as standard foreplay. I get it about 2% of the time. But yeah when I do it's a long time.

I think that Pinky has nailed it on the head.

I asked My H about this and he said, "45 MIN!!! you could make a horse cock go numb with 45 min!!" but kudos for you being able to do it for 45!