Official Community Forums Home

I Hate Driving In Houston

Tyger

Not really a rant, more like an observation.

Side story:

My "cuck" needs to be looked at, some electrical issues like the speedometer going off and on-which affects the cruise controle, driver's side speakers going in and out (passenger's side is fine), and then the Check Engine light came on. Thank goodness I got the extended warranty! I'm still 100% covered!!! WHOO-HOO!! Those things happen, and thankfully, I'm not overly inconvenienced (part of my extended warranty covers a rental too).

To get to the Subaru dealership closest to me, is about an hour away, off of I-45, which is a major highway here in TX. People!! Why in the hell do you have to drive like idiots? Does it REALLY matter that much, if you get to where you're going 5 minutes sooner??? And what's up with cutting me off? Just because most everyone has full coverage on their insurance (as do I), it doesn't mean that I would really like to make a claim because someone else's dumbass needs to get over a lane, and they can't negotiate lanes well. Learn to drive!! Drive courteous. Cuz, I am telling you, if someone hits me, due to a stupid act, lack of care, or just because they're in a rush, I will have NO problem with getting everything I can, and you'd better PRAY that my daughter is unharmed, with not a hair out of place......cuz there's nothing worse than a pissed off Yankee mother.

• Members

Atta girl! I get terrible road rage (luckily i rarely act on it beyond yelling a lot.) BUt here people seem to believe that in order to be driving at the speed limit they actually have to drive 5-15 miles UNDER what's posted!!! NOTHING driving me nutter than that! Or in NY if it is not posted or you see an End of speed limit sign, it is automatically the state speed limit of 55. This is how it is on teh 2 miles between home and work, and you think people break 40? Heck no! and because of teh S curves I can't pass!

• Members

Now that's the part of Texas I remember best! BTW, my little brother lives there so definitely watch otu for his no-driving ass!

• Members

Well Tyger I've lived here all of my life and in my 53 years on this earth I have driven through Houston exactly 3 times and was exactly 3 times to many. Dallas/Ft.Worth and Austin are bad enough but Houston is by far the worst traffic and drivers in the state!!!

Man

• Members

Ask around, nothing worse than Massachusetts drivers! Seriously... No regard for anyone but themselves. ROAD RAGE rampant! That is except for me! :D

Trust me, Sun, I've driven in Mass, several times. I would rather drive THERE than in Houston any day!!! Even rush hour!!!

• Members
Not really a rant, more like an observation.

Side story:

My "cuck" needs to be looked at, some electrical issues like the speedometer going off and on-which affects the cruise controle, driver's side speakers going in and out (passenger's side is fine), and then the Check Engine light came on. Thank goodness I got the extended warranty! I'm still 100% covered!!! WHOO-HOO!! Those things happen, and thankfully, I'm not overly inconvenienced (part of my extended warranty covers a rental too).

To get to the Subaru dealership closest to me, is about an hour away, off of I-45, which is a major highway here in TX. People!! Why in the hell do you have to drive like idiots? Does it REALLY matter that much, if you get to where you're going 5 minutes sooner??? And what's up with cutting me off? Just because most everyone has full coverage on their insurance (as do I), it doesn't mean that I would really like to make a claim because someone else's dumbass needs to get over a lane, and they can't negotiate lanes well. Learn to drive!! Drive courteous. Cuz, I am telling you, if someone hits me, due to a stupid act, lack of care, or just because they're in a rush, I will have NO problem with getting everything I can, and you'd better PRAY that my daughter is unharmed, with not a hair out of place......cuz there's nothing worse than a pissed off Yankee mother.

I LOVE to drive in Huston!!!!

that is where i learned to drive and i still go 80 and take my exits fast.

• Members

Are you a transplanted Yankee? Me, too. I have to agree with Sun, Mass drivers are the worst...but I've never driven in TX except to Austin and it wasn't that bad. But if someone hit me and hurt my baby trying to get to that lane 10 seconds faster, they're gonna wish they had died in the accident.

Yes, I'm what they call a Damn Yankee, cuz I keep comin' back! LOL I didn't mind driving in Austin. I lived right outside of it for almost 3 yrs, and it wasn't that bad. It was like they knew what they were doing!

West Virginians are TERRIBLE (sorry, but you are if you're from there) about needing to exit, and literally cutting off 4 lanes of traffic to get there, like you don't KNOW you gotta get to that exit!! C'mon!

Houston's worse than anywhere I've driven before. They simply DON'T CARE. Especially in the Woodlands area, cuz that's where all the offices, lawyers, doctors, and big-money makers are, so what do they care if it inconveniences you with an insurance claim, if they even bother to stop. Hell, all they usually hafta do is say "someone hit me while in the parking lot", and they're all set. A friend of mine got slammed a couple of weeks ago by this teenager, just backing out of the driveway, really fast, not even looking! My friend was just driving along on the street, minding his business, enjoying his new bike. Just rammed right into him, oh, and my friend was on his '08, still had temp plates, Kawasaki motorcycle. He's a Metro P.O. too, but was off-duty, and didn't want to totally terrify the kid. He's fighting the kid's parent's insurance company right now. After all, THEY weren't driving, and he's 18, so why should THEY be responsible? :angry: That's like that everywhere. This is why I keep a pad of paper in my car at all times, to write down plates just in case they hit & run.

In Mass, yeah, they speed, but at least they're not overly recklace about it. Smart enough to know when their exit's coming up at least!

• Members

My brother, my brother in law and I have all been in accidents due to stupid people in the last week.

My BIL was driving down a 4 lane freeway, he was in the fast lane doing 7 over the speed limit and some guy changed all four lanes without looking and pushed him right into the cement barricades. It was a good thing he was in his truck because there car would have been smashed.

My brother was driving down a in town road and the speed limit is 30. He stopped to turn left and some stupid laid slammed into the back of him doing 50 and admitted it to the cop. (they made he do an alcohol test and she didn’t pass it) My brother was in a full size truck and so was she. His set belt broke and he slammed into the windshield also hitting his head on the back window. Breaking both windows. She hit him so hard that the transmission broke apart from the engine. But he is fine just had a head ache for a few days.

Then some stupid teenage girl was texting on her phone while driving and slammed in to the back of me. It was a good thing I was on my way up to the hospital (my son was in the hospital due to heart surgery) because if not both of my kids would have been with me on a normal day.

• Members

Illinois drivers aren't any better!!!! We don't have the volume of traffic that you do but we have idiots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My fiance is from Houston and wants to go visit again. He'd love to move back there sometime but not until we retire!!!!!