Official Community Forums Home

The X Effect Show

Tyger

Have you seen this show on MTV, where 2 couples, the opposites are exes, and they get tricked into staying with each other (as in the exes stay in the same room, and the "new" SO's are confined to a bungalo, the exes get to stay in a honeymoon suite). Could you do this with who you're with now?

Could you trust your SO with their ex, one that had a HUGE impact on them? How much would you spy? In the show, you're only allowed glimpses, and sometimes you can either choose seeing or hearing what is going on. Plus, you get to see where they are in relation to each other, and then there's an alerting light, showing you when they touch each other. Oh, and a meter/counter to see who brings up the current SO's name the most.

• Members

I have only seen this once. The exes hooked up so to get revenge so did the SOs. The female ex dumped her new guy for the old, while the male ex pleaded with the new grl to stay. I could do this easy, that light that tells you I'm touching him would be one the entire time as I"d be kicking his ass.

• Members

In the matter of keeping this thread as intended, hypothetical and fun, I wil say that I could definitely trust my hubby with his ex, but I honestly don't know if I could trust myself with mine....

• Members

As if couples didn't have enough trouble already! MTV comes up with some of the dumbest shit to broadcast for the world to watch. And to think that they do is beyond me!

• Members

No I couldn't do it. Even though I trust my SO......I am EXTREMELY jealous and so is he. So even knowing she is alone with him would piss me off. We ran into her once and I was like hi ok bye. lol. And was pulling him away I believe.......

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

No problem. This would be easy. I have a profound amount of trust in Val and even if she decided that she wanted to play, well, I'd still be all good with that too. I've said it once and I'll say it again, I KNOW whose bed she'll be in when all is said and done.

Randy.

• Members

It was good to read Mikayla's post, because it mimicked what my initial response was at reading the question! I'd totally trust Thurisas with any of his exes. The bigger temptation would be with me! *laugh* If I had permission, heck ya, I'd probably end up playing around. :) It's hubby's arms I'd end up in at the end of the hour/day!

I guess it would have to depend on the X. I trust my hubby, cuz he's of the mind that once it's over, that's it. If it was me and my ex husband, yeah, nothing would happen. There are 2 exes that I would have a HARD time resisting though, in all honesty. My hubby would be pissed if anything happened. Me, I really don't think it'd bother me too much!!! That sounds bad, but that's how I feel. Like Val & Thur said, I know where he'd be at the end of it all anyway!

• Members
As if couples didn't have enough trouble already! MTV comes up with some of the dumbest shit to broadcast for the world to watch. And to think that they do is beyond me!

I KNOW!!!! Does anyone remember that show " Temptation Island" Or as I liked to call it "Cheat on me Island!" AWFUL!

Now I know I could be trusted with my "EX". I am fairly certain that I could trust him with his as well. There is someone I was infatuated with about 6 years ago who I think I definitely could NOT trust myself with.

Just sayin'

• Members
I've not significant 'ex's" so I don't know. But I do know that that show strikes me as obscene in the broadest sense of the word.

Iha has (again) gotten to the heart of the matter!

I would trust my sweetguy with either of his Ex's, but It would be the height of mental cruelity

to leave him with his sons' mom. She is vicious. I could never put him thru that.

• Members
Iha has (again) gotten to the heart of the matter!

I would trust my sweetguy with either of his Ex's, but It would be the height of mental cruelity

to leave him with his sons' mom. She is vicious. I could never put him thru that.

Sounds like he'd be tempted to do something other than cheating!

• Members

Yeah.......

We're still paying the lawyers fees from the divorce, we don't need to add anything else to it!!

hahahahahaha.......... :lol: