Official Community Forums Home

Jen's Article

Mikayla1

• Members

Jen:

Great article, and how true it is!

Ahhhh how fondly I remember being sooo horny and having our son sitting in his swing and waiting for him to doze off so we could mess around! It always seemed like he had some kind of radar that alerted him to when we were fooling around and he would immediately WAKE UP and look right at us! Ohhh the guilt....I have marred my son for life - but experts say that small children (under 2) can't discern what a sexual act is - so no worries if he sees you having your loving time! Still, having those innocent eyes staring at your breasts like they are dinner ruins the moment I know!

You think it is hard now - wait until the little guy is 4 like my son and he can walk right in on you and he KNOWS what a penis is and he can ASK why it is out and in mommy's mouth! That is a real hoot and a great reason to ALWAYS lock doors! Little girls and guys are question askers: "Mom, why do you not have hair there and Daddy does?"- when your child bursts into the bathroom as you are exiting the shower because he is potty training and just has to go NOW....

You think you have to make time for sex now, it gets worse as they get older....a bedtime is at 7:00 or 8:00, but they need a drink at 10:00 - right in the middle of foreplay! Or, they wet their beds when they are potty training - right when you are tied to the bed! OR - they are scared of the monster in the closet and want to climb into bed with you just as you are about to cum - sex toy in position.....Believe me - you always have to PLAN FOR SEX!

The key is making your child independent enough to handle a few moments without you when they have to, understanding that you are right inside the LOCKED door, and knowing when you have to STOP to attend to the child! SOmetimes they can wait a minute - other times they can't - it is a very delicate balance!

The fun is just beginning for you Jen...but children are a miracle and a joy every day and I am glad to see that you are making the most of it! Sex is a part of life, and as parents it is our responsibility to teach our children what loving, nurturing parents are - and to lock our doors so they don't SEE what loving, nurturing parents DO!

Good luck!

Mikayla

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I STARTED TALKING TO MY GIRLS ABOUT SEX AND BODY CHANGES AT 5 .BECAUSE THEY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT WHY MY BODY WAS SHAPED DIFFRENTLY THEN THERES AND THERE DADDYS . I KNOW THEY REALLY DIDN'T GRASP IT TO WELL THEN . BUT I HAD THETALK EVERY YEAR AS THEY BEGAN TO GROW OLDER . NOW MY GIRLS ARE 12 AND 10 AND AREN'T ASHAMED OF THIER BODIES AND KNOW WHEN MY BOYFRIEND IS OVER AND WE R IN THE BEDROOM NOT TO DISTURB TO KNOCK FIRST .MY BOYFRIENDS THREE YEAR OLD DAUGHTER EVEN KNOCKS AND WAITS FOR US TO OPEN THE DOOR EVEN THOUGH SHE KNOWS HOW TO .THEY ALL KNOW THAT MOMMIES AND DADDYS NEED PRIVACY TOO. AND TO SHOW THE SAME RESPECT FOR OUR PRIVACY AS WE DO THIERS .THEY ALSO KNOW THAT THEY CAN TALK YO US ABOUT ANYTHING AND WE WILL GIVE THEM THE BEST ADVICE WE CAN.WHETHER WE LIKE WHAT WE HERE THEM ASKING OR NOT .THE MAIN THING TO LET THEM UNDERSTAND IS RESPECT THEMSELVES AND OTHERS AN THAT WITH EVERY ACTION IS A CONSEQUENCE.SO I GUESS IM TRYING TO SAY IS IF U DON'T WANT THEM TO JUST WALK IN LET THEM KNOW AND TEACH THEM THEMEANING OF RESPECT AND HOW TO KNOCK.

• Members

Ah yes, the joys of motherhood.

I agree it is hard to make time for sex with a newborn.

I am thankful my girls sleep all through the night, INCLUDING the baby.

Don't ask how I do it, cause even I don't know.

About dinner time she goes on a mini feeding frenzy, nursing for about 30 minutes at a time, for at least 3 hours, about 9, shes stuffed herself nice and full and the other 3 are finally zonked out.

By that time I am usually totally wiped out.

So I just take a nice little nap when the 4 yr old and the baby take their naps, helps immensly with the energy levels.

As for the monster in the closet thing?

Been there done that, I was soooooo embarrased.

About 2 years ago I was with a friend of mine, we were both more than a little tipsy, making out hard and heavy when the youngest girl came in followed by the 2 older gilrs all crying there was a monster in the bedroom, I went in to check it out, and found out that we had someone trying to break in.

the next morning the girls kept asking "Mom who was that lady in your bedroom and why was you two in your underwear?"

Even if yuo teach them how to knock and wait, somethings are pretty urgent and can not wait, like yesterday,

I was enjoying some "private time" with the door closed, my 5 year old burst in with her cousin who yelled "HER HEAD IS BLEEDING!"

all of a sudden playtime was instantly over and mom mode kicked in.

thankfully it was a small cut, but she bled profusely like she was dying. she was horsing around and cracked her head open on a marble windowsill.

The ones that get me are when my SO and I are in the middle of necking and one of the girls burst in "Moooooom, she wont let me slide, Moooooom , she wont let me read to them..."

Be grateful you guys only have 1, imagine how much more of a challenge it is when you have 4

Mikayla is right, it is a fine line between urgent and "it can wait"

Enjoy the play time with the baby sleeping now while you can, it wont be too much longer before hes awake all day, on the upside, soon hell be sleeping all night too.

Oh, and dont be in too big of a rush to teach him to walk and talk, otherwise youll spend the next 16 years telling him to sit down and shut up LMAO

• Members

I HAVE TWO DAUGHTERS .THEY KNOW IF ITS URGENT TO SCREAM OR DO WHAT EVER HAS TO BE DONE TO GET MY ATTENTION .TRUST ME I KNOW ABOUT EMERGANCIES MY YOUNGEST DAUGHTER HAS SEVERAL MEDICAL ISSUES