Official Community Forums Home

Is It Cheating?

Beavis

• Members

If you are dating someone and you have sex with someone else without the consent of the person you are dating, I would absolutely consider it cheating.

If you got permission, however, then perhaps not.

• Like 3

• Review Team
yes

Ditto.

• Members

ABSOLUTELY! Not only are you toying with the partners emotions you are also risking their health!

• Members

How would you feel if the tables were turned? OF COURSE IT'S CHEATING!

• Members

Yeah, it's defintely cheating. Regardless whether it's homo or hetero sex, if you're in a relationship and you have an understanding that the two of you are exclusive, then sex with anyone else is cheating.

• Like 1

• Members

Pretty clear cut. It is cheating.

• Like 1

It most certainly is cheating if you're in a relationship and it's understood that you're exclusive. Whether is straight or "gay" sex, if you wouldn't like your SO doing it with another person, then you shouldn't do it either. Sex is sex is sex. So is having oral sex with someone, giving hand jobs, and even kissing someone else (romantically, not-peck-on-the-cheek/hi-how're-you-doing? kind), is all cheating. It's being intimate with another person no matter what gender.

• Like 1

• Members

Ok it is cheating. Sorry it's just an ex of mine said while her and I were dating that if I had a male fuck buddy that it wouldn't be cheating because I was with a guy and not another female. But it is cheating.

No other question that came to my mind today is it still cheating if you have 2 FWBs and they know and don't mind?

• Members
Ok it is cheating. Sorry it's just an ex of mine said while her and I were dating that if I had a male fuck buddy that it wouldn't be cheating because I was with a guy and not another female. But it is cheating.

No other question that came to my mind today is it still cheating if you have 2 FWBs and they know and don't mind?

See the FWB situtation is where the line becomes blurred because your not in a relationship officlly, but if this is a regualr occurence then you have a responsiblity to your partner to not engage in activities that could cause them harm ie: multiple partners increases your risk of getting an STD. Also are their feelinsg invovled, are both "friends" having other partners or just the one?

No it's not cheating because your not in a relationship. The closer answer to the truth? Each relationship is different.

• Members

I think your partner sets the stage for what is cheating and what isn't. Whether or not THEY consider it cheating is what's important, there are all kinds of relationship dynamics out there in which one or both partners are allowed to sleep with people outside of their relationship and it is not considered cheating.

• Members
I think your partner sets the stage for what is cheating and what isn't. Whether or not THEY consider it cheating is what's important, there are all kinds of relationship dynamics out there in which one or both partners are allowed to sleep with people outside of their relationship and it is not considered cheating.

Definitely it is up to the other party. AND might I add if it is done in secret with out the other person knowing I believe it is safe to say it is cheating. Sneaking behind someones back is never a good sign.

• 6 months later...
  • Members

I will say no, or at least I don't feel it is, at least for me. And I'm pretty straight-and-narrow and square about most things.

A couple of years ago, while talking about various things, my wife let me know that she was bi-curious, fantasized about and wanted to try sex with another girl, etc. and so forth. I was OK with that, and gave her the go ahead. Nothing major has happened, but she has had a couple/few mild encounters. I find the whole business arousing.

I got her liquored up recently, and she revealed that 8 or 10 years ago (after we were married a couple of years), she had had an ongoing fling with another girl, including smoochings, gropings, fingers, toys, oral, and falling asleep together. She didn't tell me at the time 'cuz she didn't know how I'd react, plus the other girl didn't want me knowing (it was someone I knew). After our couple-of-year ago talk, she still hesitated to tell me 'cuz she thought I might be mad that she had kept this a secret for so long.

I am not at all mad she did it or kept it secret. I do not feel cheated. Again, I am aroused by the whole thing, and keep asking for more sordid details. I have asked myself several times, "should I be mad or feel cheated?" But I do not feel those things.

That it was with a girl and not a guy, to me, makes all the difference in the world. I'm not sure I could put into words or any kind of logical argument why I feel that way. But that's the way it is and the way I feel.

• 2 years later...
  • 7 years later...
  • Members

OMG OF COURSE SILLY guyor girl gender doesn't detriment weather or not it's SEX if your girlfriend or boyfriend had sex with someone else wouldn't you consider that SEX????

• Like 1