Official Community Forums Home

Damn Neighbors

Tyger

So, the neighbors behind us are nice enough. However, they are REALLY good friends with a woman (and I use that term loosely) that HATES my guts. She hates me basically because I made her and her BF, who's a good friend of DH, pay me back for storage fees (thru a real storage unit). I had told them not to fuck me over, because I was done with all of that, and they tried, so I locked their side so they couldn't just take their stuff and run. This is AFTER DH told me that I should stop letting people walk over me, and yet, he said "Oh, you shouldn't have said that". WHAT?This was over 3 yrs ago.

Anyway, they are all staying together, cuz this girl and her BF are making SOOO much money, that they got thrown out of their rental, and are "saving to get the electric hooked up in their new rental". They've been there for a month now. :rolleyes:

They LOVE to party. Now, I'm all for partying, don't get me wrong, but I am respectful. Maybe "too much" to be "cool" I guess. Plus, we are 35 yrs old, though the BF is like, 31 now, so he should be growing up a bit, and the "real" renters of the house behind me, are a bit closer to my age as well. Plus, if you're out in the country, like with no houses withing AT LEAST 1000 feet, then, ok, get loud and rowdy if you want, but, when you live in a subdivision, even if we're spaced out a bit (I'm close enough to tell who's who outside, so they're close enough), you should be a bit quiet.

Last night, they were all extremely loud, even setting off about 10 fireworks (no kidding), and yelling/screaming. I mean, c'mon!!! They KNOW we have a 5 yr old (they all have kids too, which are TOO young to be outside, near a fire with the wind blowing strong, past 10 pm, IMO), dogs that bark, and they don't give a shit whether or not they're being obnoxious.

I was up til 1:30 a.m. this morning, and I was oh, so peppy when I woke up! LOL Though, they didn't shoot fireworks off long, about an hour, but STILL!!! C'mon!!

Last time they did this, it was the 4th of July, and we expected fireworks, which they obliged, but they were at it until, again, almost 1 a.m. We called the cops on them, and we found out the next day, that it was DH's friend shooting them off!! :o They all were so drunk that night, that they were SHOOTING fireworks at each other, yes AT EACH OTHER. One hit our shed, and that's when I got pissed, and so did DH.

I did NOT call the cops last night/this morning, however. I did text DH at the rig, to let him know what was going on, and he was kinda shocked that I didn't call them, but, he's going to go speak with them when he gets back. I'd hate to get a family thrown out of a house (I'm good friends with the owner of the house), but, then again, they don't seem to give a shit about anyone else. :angry:

• Members

First off I would have called the cops. There is no, NO reason to be obnoxious like that, partying loud is one thing, fireworks are another, and when I called teh cops i would have done my best freak out an dtold them it soundd like bombs going off! They would have flown over there. You did teh right thing though, my way probably would get some either arrested or kicked out. If after DH talks to them, thsi disrespectful behavior keeps happeneing, I'd be calling your friend teh home owner.

• Members
First off I would have called the cops. There is no, NO reason to be obnoxious like that, partying loud is one thing, fireworks are another, and when I called teh cops i would have done my best freak out an dtold them it soundd like bombs going off! They would have flown over there. You did teh right thing though, my way probably would get some either arrested or kicked out. If after DH talks to them, thsi disrespectful behavior keeps happeneing, I'd be calling your friend teh home owner.
I've had neighbors like this. It sucks. I would NOT hesitate to call cops the next time they party. You should video document their shenanigans for the property owner/cops the next time it happens. You might try to garner support with your quieter neighbors to report these trouble makers. Though a nasty trick you might notify CPS. At the least this will initiate a paper trail the police/owner will not be able to deny. I used to enjoy campfires in my backyard. I had the sense not to when it was windy. In my town rules are in place for safety reasons. You might look into this with your local fire department. Someone (here at TT) sent their hubby shotgun in hand to speak with rowdy neighbors and they toned it down. This might be an option for you so long as hubby doesn't blow their cool. Good luck.