Official Community Forums Home

Always Remember Meatloaf....

mystofpric

• Members

see, with meatloaf I always think "I want you, i want you, I NEED you, I need you, but there ain't no way I'm ever going to love you so don't feel bad, don't feel bad cuz two out of three aint bad..." so it's the love you aren't getting....

• Members

See i always hear the "i would do anything for love, oh I would anything for LOVE, but I won't do that...." He's talking about cheating when the woman sings (who is that?!) at the final verus she says that he'll start to stray and he says that he won't do that.

• Members

I always thought the lyric was referring to cheating.

My cousin met Meatloaf once. she worked front desk and was checking him in. She asked what she should put down as his name and he replied, "Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes, any good food."

Meatloaf's "I would do anything for Love, but I won't do that" song is a big fave of mine!

It features a female vocalist who was credited only as "Mrs. Loud" in the album notes. She was later identified as Lorraine Crosby, a performer from North East England who regularly performs at holiday camps and social clubs. She does not, however, appear in the video, in which her vocals are lipsynched by Dana Patrick. Meat Loaf promoted the single with American vocalist Patti Russo performing the live female vocals.

~Source: Wikipedia.com

So, basically, he did wat C&C Music Factory did (in their "Gonna Make You Sweat" video). Had a fantastic vocalist, but, for whatever reason, had another female lip sync the song for the video.

• Members
Meatloaf's "I would do anything for Love, but I won't do that" song is a big fave of mine!

It features a female vocalist who was credited only as "Mrs. Loud" in the album notes. She was later identified as Lorraine Crosby, a performer from North East England who regularly performs at holiday camps and social clubs. She does not, however, appear in the video, in which her vocals are lipsynched by Dana Patrick. Meat Loaf promoted the single with American vocalist Patti Russo performing the live female vocals.

~Source: Wikipedia.com

So, basically, he did wat C&C Music Factory did (in their "Gonna Make You Sweat" video). Had a fantastic vocalist, but, for whatever reason, had another female lip sync the song for the video.

and a good thing meatloaf did that too. Because HE is so HOT. :rolleyes:

I hate it when artists do that!

• Members

Maybe she didn't want to be, I mean, they didn't even put her name in the liner notes. She might have been under contract or something lame that prevented her from openly doing the video and teh song. Or maybe she just declined. Or, and here's the most likely, he wanted a hot chick(though i don;'t know what lorraine looks like)

• Members
In the immortal words of Meatloaf "I would do anything for love, but I won't do that"

So here's two questions for you:

What do you think Meatloaf is talking about?

What wouldn't you do for love?

Well he's talking about cheating in the song... But I would say compromise my own convictions... yep that's it!

• Members
In the immortal words of Meatloaf "I would do anything for love, but I won't do that"

So here's two questions for you:

What do you think Meatloaf is talking about?

What wouldn't you do for love?

Well he's talking about cheating in the song... But I would say compromise my own convictions... yep that's it!